CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar

Golf town service

There must be others that took advantage of the 30% off grip sale..took my irons 5,6,7,8,9 to trainyards GT..been 5 weeks,today I was going to get them pay for the grips and go elsewhere..then told Uh we sent them to Gatineau GT..it could be another week..lol could be..anyone else?

Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road
    I was told that they were overwhelmed and actually sent some to Montreal as well.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    That is ridiculous, GT is a push it through and make money, find yourself a local decent clubbuilder and get the job done right and much much faster, buy the grips get them installed elsewhere. I was at GT picking up a club I ordered from PING and their hiting bay was full of clubs to re-grip. With that kind of pressure the guy doing the work is concentrating on speed not quality. Not worth saving a few bucks imho.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

6 Iron zer0ish is on a distinguished road zer0ish's Avatar
    I just got all my clubs done at Kanata Golf Town. I went to Train Yards first, but they didn't have my grips and didn't bother assisting me, the store was super busy. Drove to Kanata, store was empty didn't wait at all, they told me to come back Easter Monday, I called Monday, and they said they weren't on the to do list and I could go get them. I wonder if they would have called me, or if they got completed early. I missed out on the discounted price though. I always have had a good experience at the Kanata store. First tee time this Saturday at Canadian Golf & CC. I'd recommend the Kanata location any day of the week over Trains Yards.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    It’s so easy to do yourself, I suggest watching a YouTube video and going to golfworks and getting the supplies.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    It’s so easy to do yourself, I suggest watching a YouTube video and going to golfworks and getting the supplies.
    will check that out..

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    I agree....picked up the grips during the sale and put them on myself. Very easy to do with simple tools and a bit of knowledge from Youtube. Golfworks has all the supplies you need at a reasonable price. ​I have been doing my own grips now for years. I couldnt believe the amount of clubs that were in the bays waiting for grips to be installed when I went in. Insane

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Also worth considering is asking your local pro. I asked at our course a few years back if they would match the golf town sale and they always have. So rather than drop off and wait with the masses I have them done at the club and most often pick up the next day. Food for thought.

yes and I figure that GT was not prepared for the onslaught..lol Might never see a 30% off grip sale again...but I did view the you tube video of doing your own,simple enough,if I get real good at it I will give all you guys here a good deal

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    yes and I figure that GT was not prepared for the onslaught..lol Might never see a 30% off grip sale again
    It's hard to ramp up though, limited space in the shop to regrip.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

yes when I walked in and saw all the back wall lined up with clubs it should have been a heads up, oh well at least I have the Masters to watch

Thread Information