CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Sand Wedge topcorner is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Right View Post
    Anyone play Calabogie yet?

I was there today. I was surprised at how good the greens were rolling, considering we're in March. Had two temporary greens though, but was just so nice to just be out there. I didn't find it too wet. 25$ plus Hst is not a bad deal right now, and it showed because it was packed!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Prescott was in pretty good shape a few wet spots, and greens where really nice for this time of year. Great weather to boot

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Mapleview was a blast today , course was in decent shape , and it was sooooo nice to get back out again
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Seasoned Veteran donquijote is on a distinguished road donquijote's Avatar
    Pineview was super busy
    5 hour round walking and course was really wet
    Lots of plugs/lost balls on the fairways
    Punched greens
    Ok shape for the time of the year but it was great to get out

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Played Dragonfly today. I have to say that the course was in very good shape. There were only a few damp fairways where the ball actually plugged (9 and 18 specifically). Fairways were in good shape and the greens were rolling very well for this time of year. (very smooth and no punch marks from last season). I was pleasantly surprised. Definitely worth the drive for some very good spring golf. For those of you who take carts, only a couple of holes had cart path only, otherwise carts were allowed on fairways.

Played Cedarhill today April 5 2021.......Course wintered very well. Greens were in nice shape and were fairly quick given the time of year. Punch marks were faintly visible from last season but did not affect the putting at all. Fairways were also in nice shape. The lack of rain and bit of wind the last few days has dried up the course nicely. Two courses in two days without any disappointing conditions. I hope other courses are in similar shape.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar

Spring conditions 2021

Hi Everyone---got my shot today and all ready to go

Are there any reports on conditions as of today----looks like the year is starting off on the wee bit expensive side Paying full price this year--no discount
    clubs. Too much hassle and besides maybe we will help the courses survive this mess
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Administrator MikeRaganold is on a distinguished road MikeRaganold's Avatar
    Big thanks for starting the COURSE CONDITIONS.

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    ... maybe we will help the courses survive this mess
    Hey Mac, don't wave the flag. Well not yet! And

INTERESTING READ (5mins)
    The global golf club market size was valued at USD 3.66 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.5% from 2020 to 2027...

... Increase, in millions of dollars, directly due to that 14 percent rise in rounds played in June. It’s useful to think about these changes in terms of real-world effects, and more rounds translates directly to more dollars for golf facilities. There are still plenty of unique challenges presented to owners and operators under new rules, including limited cart usage and potentially fewer clubhouse amenities, but courses certainly rejoice when they see full tee sheets.

See the full article.
    https://golf.com/travel/golf-courses...ing-9-numbers/

A number of spring condition reviews have been posted under the "Easter Weekend-Course Open" thread. I posted 2 there on Dragonfly and Cedarhill. There are a few others there as well. Perhaps they can be moved over to the Spring Condition Thread?

Putter modz is on a distinguished road
    Played Pineview Executive at 530, overall quite enjoyable for early season golf. Some fairways quite wet and greens were recently aerated so don't expect to roll it pure or receive any level of appropriate feedback on speed or line.

Tee boxes were in pretty rough shape but I definitely appreciated all the broken tees for the Par 3s. For $20 it certainly beat bashing balls for an hour.

Played two balls, did some greenside practice so as not to encroach on the group ahead of me and made it to the 11th green before trekking back to the parking lot as the sun was setting.

Will probably wait a couple weeks before hitting the Championship course for a twilight round.

Administrator MikeRaganold is on a distinguished road MikeRaganold's Avatar

Copied from Easter Weekend-Course Open as requested - good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post
    A number of spring condition reviews have been posted under the "Easter Weekend-Course Open" thread. I posted 2 there on Dragonfly and Cedarhill. There are a few others there as well. Perhaps they can be moved over to the Spring Condition Thread?
    Good idea. I copied the original posts + some relevant replies. Hoping this is helpful.

Mike Raganold

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Emerald Links this afternoon..nice pace of play and conditions were reasonable given the time of year. We had a great time and it was just awesome to be out this early.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Tecumseh was in good shape for spring golf. Was pretty dry. Good pace of play and it was packed.

3 for 3....played the Canadian today and I can report that the course is in very good condition. Greens are rolling very well and the fairways are in top condition as well. Carts were out with a 90 degree rule. Very impressed with how nice the course was today.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Anderson Links has some large tarps in the fairways. Greens were decent. Green fee rate should be lower due to the tarps since you are forced to pick up and move your ball.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Played Smugglers Glen today. Basically $70 with a cart for 18. Cart path only. Course is dry overall. A couple wet spots; one plugged ball in our group. Overall very playable. Greens were decent. No aeration marks. Slow greens but what you would expect this time of year. First hole remains under construction so you tee off from the forward tees making is a 280 yard par five. Beer cart was out and had cold drinks on ice. Overall I would recommend for anyone looking to get an early round in. Decent shape in relation to price. Ideally would need to be a little drier, carts scatter and the greens a smidge quicker but very payable.

Played Perth today. Course is nice and green. Greens are full albeit a bit slow, but rolled very well. This was probably the spongier of the other 3 courses I have played this year, but not too bad. Carts were on fairways so it isnt too wet. A couple of mud balls here and there but very playable. Well worth the drive to Perth for this great course.

Sand Wedge Sudden_Death is on a distinguished road
    Played Whitetail on the 9th. For this time of year it was really good. It was booked solid but the pace was fine with little waiting.. Carts were allowed on probably 90% of the area on the fairways. A couple spongy areas but nothing major. Greens punched but rolled nice and it looks like they wintered excellent. Should be in top shape in another couple weeks.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Played Pineview on Saturday, and it was all right, not wet, but the greens have some major brown spots that need to recover and were slow.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Played Meadows today, course was in great shape, and greens were rolling very nice and were fairly quick. Very impressed for this time of the year.

Played Equinelle today....no need for a review.....course is in all round excellent condition...That is all.

Putter modz is on a distinguished road
    Played front 9 of the Metcalfe 18 hole course this evening with another twilight round. Fairways scruffy with spots of mud but mostly decent shape. Greens are a bit beat up and rolling slow but true. Overall an enjoyable outing and the prepay online discount is pretty good.

3 Iron rad is on a distinguished road
    Played the Canadian yesterday (east course) and was pleasantly surprised with the conditions, greens were rolling nicely.

Played Pineview (championship course) on sunday and have to say it was a bit lacklustre. I know its early, but a few tee boxes were in rough shape and several areas were super wet. Some grounds under repair signs would have helped.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Played Stittsville last week. Course is in decent condition. The greens are rolling well. A couple of damp spots on a couple of holes but overall it is very playable for this time of the year

Sand Wedge dq2003 is on a distinguished road
    Nation is in great shape.

5 Wood Grabster is on a distinguished road
    Anyone play Loch this weekend? Wondering about mosquitos.

6 Iron zer0ish is on a distinguished road zer0ish's Avatar
    I played:

The Canadian Golf & CC (West) on Saturday May 22, 2021:
    The course is as expected, pristine conditions.
    3rd hole tee boxes are being redone so the starter hole is being used instead, no big deal. The rough is freaking rough, expect to lose balls in it. Bunkers had hard sand, and I don't blame them, since adding new fresh sand is costly and who knows if DoFo will shut everything down again. The bunkers are playable, just takes a bit more omph.

Overall looking great as usual.

Falcon Ridge Sunday May 23, 2021:
    I love this course and really enjoy it, lets start with that.
    The fairways were great, the rough was really rough just like at The Canadian, but the tee boxes were exactly the same as the end of last year. Which to me makes no sense. They had all this time to re-seed/overseed the teeboxes and make them actual grass instead of dirt mounds(not all but enough to complain about it). I mean, they had lots of time to get them to a respectable quality. Greens were good on most holes. But I was very disappointed in hole 8 which has been the courses best green. Some greens look allot better then last year, but I feel like they should all be allot better then they are.

As a discloser, this is the course I play the most, and I feel there wasn't much work put into it. Like the bare minimum.

Was a great weekend of golf and I'm just happy to be able to get out there.

3 Wood Sab is on a distinguished road Sab's Avatar
    Hawkesbury was absolutely immaculate! Tees, fairways, sand, greens ... fantastic!

Mt Cascades is in great condition right now. Greens are really nice, fairways very good. No bugs out yesterday so a bonus lol.

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    Played Marshes on Saturday mid-day. Course was packed, round took 4:45. Tee-boxes and fairways were in good conditions. Greens were extremely slow and punch holes showed as if it had been done the week before, which surprised us.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Thread Information