CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar

any news on Gatineau golf club

Still looking to see if there are any updates,since a good part of the course is torn down,will it be full price for playing front 9 twice..pretty sad situation with Gatineau

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    What happened>
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    What happened>
    Not sure if you have played Gat but a new housing development began last fall,holes 15 16 17 right now are basically gone,torn up..they are supposedly going to construct a new 9 hole but no info on Gatineau golf website,still full price this year but are we doing front 9 twice..who knows...

Pitching Wedge pwoods72 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    Not sure if you have played Gat but a new housing development began last fall,holes 15 16 17 right now are basically gone,torn up..they are supposedly going to construct a new 9 hole but no info on Gatineau golf website,still full price this year but are we doing front 9 twice..who knows...
    Are you serious? I remember playing it a couple of times last year and hole 15 which was an awesome par 5 was turned into a par 4 with a temp green and then you needed to drive a fair distance around the construction site to get to 16 (a par 3) but 16 and 17 were still intact.
    Are you saying now that 15,16 and 17 are all gone?

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    That is terrible, I really like 17 and 18, the mighty $ strikes again! Understandable from a business stand point, they get a lot more money now .
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Golf Nut sabzor is on a distinguished road
    My parents live on the golf course and apparently there are numerous spots that are torn up/clear cut. Holes in the area of 7 are also being changed. Really unfortunate to have to "rebuild" as it takes so long for things to mature, and often enough re-jigging things ends up in holes that are less than appealing. 15/17 were some of the nicer holes on this course.

Lack of info doesn't surprise me, Gatineau has always been good at trying to be a higher-tier course but to me always lacked the customer experience that needs to come with it. Simple example, last year I booked a time and they were pretty quick to take my $65 green fee but provided no mention that 15 had been shortened to a temp style green, and that multiple tee boxes were closed/holes shortened. The right thing to do when charging full pop would have been to simply say that there are some alterations that needed to be made and see if I had issue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by pwoods72 View Post
    Are you serious? I remember playing it a couple of times last year and hole 15 which was an awesome par 5 was turned into a par 4 with a temp green and then you needed to drive a fair distance around the construction site to get to 16 (a par 3) but 16 and 17 were still intact.
    Are you saying now that 15,16 and 17 are all gone?
    15 temp green is gone so might as well be a par 3 and the 16 is history 17 is barricaded with bulldozers..

7 Wood Hjiang is on a distinguished road
    Anybody play the Gatineau yet?

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Can we really even call it a golf course now? How can they in good conscience charge full pop for a course that has been reduced to 15 holes.

7 Wood Hjiang is on a distinguished road
    Friends of mine played Gatineau yesterday, said the course is in a really good condition from tee to green. The no.15 is remaining constructions like last year, everywhere else still the same.

9 Iron rajah is on a distinguished road
    Gatineau Golf club is owned by Richcraft homes. Their business is homes and real estate and not golf. They have zero interest in the game of golf. You can build 15 homes and charge $1M per home, why bother with all headaches of running a golf club!

The pandemic has given golf courses a new life, once pandemic is over we will see golf courses continue to close down to real estate play. Just wait a couple of years Gatinuea golf club will be gone!

My next guess Cedarhill will be a real estate play.

9 Iron rajah is on a distinguished road
    In pandemic people are willing to pay! As long as they will come and pay nothing will change. Just go and see how packed the place is!

8 Iron PushPull is on a distinguished road
    Temporary green on 14.
    15 now a par 4, like last year.
    Most of the info here was crazy talk.

Quote Originally Posted by PushPull View Post
    Temporary green on 14.
    15 now a par 4, like last year.
    Most of the info here was crazy talk.
    What about that par 3 number 16..all you can see are rock piles

16 is still there

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Looking to cross over and play the Quebec side courses once the restriction is lifted. Is 15th the only hole with construction and temp green ? Are the rest the same ? Can someone confirm? Thanks

I’m a member there. It’s only 15.
    They give you a free cart for the back 9 because still no shuttle.

Pitching Wedge pwoods72 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobble_It View Post
    Looking to cross over and play the Quebec side courses once the restriction is lifted. Is 15th the only hole with construction and temp green ? Are the rest the same ? Can someone confirm? Thanks
    Correct. 15 is now a par 4 and although the green is not a temp green, there is no shaping around it. they just sort of plopped it down so this is my only issue. They give you a cart on the back 9 since its a long drive from 15 green to 16 tee.
    The course is in good shape and the greens are very good.

They do have plans to add 7 holes over the next few years because the back nine is being developed (commercial and residential) so the current back 9 will only have holes 10 and 18 remaining.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pwoods72 View Post
    Correct. 15 is now a par 4 and although the green is not a temp green, there is no shaping around it. they just sort of plopped it down so this is my only issue. They give you a cart on the back 9 since its a long drive from 15 green to 16 tee.
    The course is in good shape and the greens are very good.

They do have plans to add 7 holes over the next few years because the back nine is being developed (commercial and residential) so the current back 9 will only have holes 10 and 18 remaining.

Thank you everyone

Thread Information