100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Pitching Wedge shankenstein is on a distinguished road

hybrid, but which one?

I want to buy a hybrid to replace my long irons (3 and 4). I don't have any problems hitting the long irons, but want to try hybrids to see the difference (if any).
    The problem is that I don't know which loft to choose. If I hit my 4 - 190 to 200 yards and my 3 210 to 220, which loft would I choose in a hybrid.
    I don't know what kind of distance the larger head of the hybrid will add if any, so I'm lost when trying to compare one to another.
    any info would help,
    Thanks

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    Hi, I will copy an url from another site where a user asked similar questions. My replies can be seen under same user name sharkhark.

I don't know if this site in link below is affiliated with the golf resource forum because the look and layout is almost identical.
    p.s. ben hogan cft, price and ease of use unbeatable. I have the #2 and #4 which are 19 deg and 24 deg. I use the #4 90% of the time. In your case probably the #3 would fit the bill it is 21 degrees.
    For comparison I hit my irons similar to you, probably a little shorter, and in the case of the #4 I hit it approx 190-210 consistently. In hingsight I would have bought only 1, probably the #3. Hope this helps.

http://www.torontogolfnuts.com/showthread.php?t=2217
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    Sorry, forgot to answer your point about difference, it is not necessarily the distance but ease of use and versatility. I.e. most don't use their long irons out of medium to heavy rough, however my #4 has extra weight and launches the ball out high. When off balance i.e. side hill lie to elevated green, hard to get the long iron up, just choke down on the hogan and hit down, voila high flight.
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Competitor challengegolf is on a distinguished road challengegolf's Avatar

Hybrid

I would definately recommand the Hogan CFT. I own 2 (5-3) and they are the easiest hybrid that I have ever hit. I tried a ton of different ones and these are so easy to hit that sometime I feel like I did not hit them well and when I see the result I am so surprised that I can't believe it. High tragectory and they land soft on the greens. They are my go to clubs when I am struggeling.
    Just my opinion.
    Thanks
    Claude

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    You might want to consider going the component route... might save you some money.

I made myself a Wishon 321 LI 3-iron a month or two ago and I really like it. I generally hit the ball quite low but with this club I hit nice and high. It also works really well out of the rough.

MJF

Thread Information