CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rockland Prices

Putter duffcity is on a distinguished road

Rockland Prices

Hi everyone,
    Played about 10 rounds at Rockland last year after 3pm... noticed this year they raised their prices $20 to $70 on weekends after 3... last year it was $50. Personally I think it is pretty crazy they marked it up so much. Can we expect other courses to do the same?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    yep. Supply and demand right now.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Rockland is probably hurting and this is gouging IMHO sucks big time. That's pretty expensive to play after 3 on a weekend. Hopefully they keep up the conditions and maintenance on the course and if that suffers then they would be going down a really bad road.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    I’d be shocked if all courses don’t raise their prices. Why wouldn’t they? As the consumer we have choices to make.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Yes, stay way from poor conditioned courses that charge too much
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    Also keep in mind that $70 for a round is about $17.50 an hour.
    If you play hockey, you probably pay that or more and you only get on the ice for part of the game.
    There is not much you can do in terms of sports for less than $17.50 per hour.
    I am not sure why golf is supposed to be cheaper than that???

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    After checking Rockland's website, the $70 green fee originally quoted above is on weekends after 3:00 and includes cart. Walking fee is $52. after 3 p.m.

I don't find that price ridiculously high for Rockland when it is good shape. The last few years the course has not been up to the standard it once had, mainly drainage issues and green conditioning. If these items get addressed this year then $52 is not bad for an afternoon round. After 5 p.m. twilight the price drops to $25.

Best deal I’ve seen in a bit is the golf expo offer from Smugglers;

18 holes with cart
    Warm up range balls
    Sleeve of pro v 1’s
    BBQ lunch item (I assume this is a hamburger or sausage)
    $73.50
    For use until June 10th

Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post
    After checking Rockland's website, the $70 green fee originally quoted above is on weekends after 3:00 and includes cart. Walking fee is $52. after 3 p.m.

I don't find that price ridiculously high for Rockland when it is good shape. The last few years the course has not been up to the standard it once had, mainly drainage issues and green conditioning. If these items get addressed this year then $52 is not bad for an afternoon round. After 5 p.m. twilight the price drops to $25.
    I'd agree. $52 on the weekend after 3 is fine. Great incentive for people to save a few $ and walk the course.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    Best deal I’ve seen in a bit is the golf expo offer from Smugglers;

18 holes with cart
    Warm up range balls
    Sleeve of pro v 1’s
    BBQ lunch item (I assume this is a hamburger or sausage)
    $73.50
    For use until June 10th
    I picked up one this week.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    For us OLDER guys who are not playing the 75 and 80 games anymore the odd "expensive" round on a decent course is quite acceptable. There are or were lots if intermediate courses for less if you don't mind a drive. Looking forward to see what develops; I sincerely hope that the owners don't see an opportunity to gouge the public
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    If I recall correctly, prior to the COVID pandemic, a number of courses were suffering due to lack of participation and some I assume were on the brink of shutting down. The pandemic has helped their bottom line last season with an above average of golfers flocking to the courses. Once the pandemic is over, people will resume their other activities....vacations, kids summer sports programs etc, by raising fees now to capitalize on the influx, will the courses lower their fees to fill tee sheets once things "return to normal"?

3 Wood cruxradio is on a distinguished road
    It really depends what course you're comparing it to. I'd argue that this course is easily amongst Top 10 public courses located within ~30-40 minutes drive of downtown Ottawa
    Emerald Links $57
    Loch March $66
    Rockland $76
    Equinelle $82
    Marshes $110 incl cart - Stonebridge is closed during 2021 and Gatineau undergoing some changes so I'll leave those to the side here

Seeing Rocklands pricing structure it looks like they are encouraging people to join for at least 20 rounds, at that point you're getting much better value.
    20 rounds* $1 120 (makes it $56 per round)
    I can certainly appreciate what they're trying to do. Encouraging people to join as memberships has benefits to how the course functions, it will typically speed up play among other things.

Need a Caddy slash is on a distinguished road
    All memberships of 20/40/60 games includes club storage. Also any games played after 3 oclock counts as a 9 holes only. Each of those memberships would double in games if you would play all your games after 3 o'clock.
    They also have corporate memberships with a 40 games with cart for $2600($65),they akso have 50/60 games.You can get 4 players on the same memberships.
    Any memberships played after 3 o'clock with those 20/30/40/50/60 games will count as 9 holes only.
    They have a new software so not sure if all info is available. I know I had issue going into my account lately.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    I picked up one this week.
    I took a look today - was going to buy another but sold out now. Wicked deal

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    I took a look today - was going to buy another but sold out now. Wicked deal
    I grabbed the golf expo foursome walking after 3pm one which was also an impressive deal. I plan on using it early. I normally walk when I play, but I've never walked smugglers. I played there in November, and there was a foursome of members in front of us, all retirement age, and they were walking. I spoke with them and they said it is an easy walk.
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    I grabbed the golf expo foursome walking after 3pm one which was also an impressive deal. I plan on using it early. I normally walk when I play, but I've never walked smugglers. I played there in November, and there was a foursome of members in front of us, all retirement age, and they were walking. I spoke with them and they said it is an easy walk.
    I wouldn't call it an easy walk. Lots of hills. While it is walkable I've taken a cart every time (and hate taking carts).

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    I wouldn't call it an easy walk. Lots of hills. While it is walkable I've taken a cart every time (and hate taking carts).
    I thought it was like Sorcier, not even an option. I guess I'll find out. I'm up for the challenge.
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    I thought it was like Sorcier, not even an option. I guess I'll find out. I'm up for the challenge.
    About the same from my experience. It's definitely doable and I would try it for sure as I do love to walk.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I walked it last year. The first hole tee to fairway is a long walk, and you will be struggling to keep up if your playing partners are in carts, but after that it's not too bad.

I agree, I enjoy walking that course, the hike up #8 South par 5 is the only big challenge
    Lefty Lucas

Just got the meadows men's night flyer. A couple of years ago it was $50 which included golf, cart, prize, meal. This year it is $50 without the cart. I don't really care as I like to walk regardless but there are some that do take carts so it will be interesting to see if there is a drop in registrations as most people took carts. There were weeks they ran out of carts when we arrived due to tournaments.

Last year they had no meal, it was $40 incl golf and cart and a meal special. The food was hit and miss at times so I didn't mind the lack of meal.

Regardless the price has gone up a fair chunk for what you are getting.

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    The reason why they're giving a meal this year Jeff, is because the year before when they didn't people didn't go into the restaurant to eat and they lost on sales of beverages. So I assume they're offering the meal hoping that sales will increase
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by XTOUR View Post
    The reason why they're giving a meal this year Jeff, is because the year before when they didn't people didn't go into the restaurant to eat and they lost on sales of beverages. So I assume they're offering the meal hoping that sales will increase
    Ya no doubt. Hopefully the food is a bit better

Thread Information