CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Miura MC-501 iron heads

Does any one know the bore size of these heads, I have looked on the net and found nothing really. I believe they are supposed to be .355TT but would like to know for sure.

Thanks
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Closing this as I got my answer from Miura and Golfwrx Ryan Barathian.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Sand Wedge hoganblades is on a distinguished road hoganblades's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Closing this as I got my answer from Miura and Golfwrx Ryan Barathian.

Hi Lefty Lucas,
    Sorry to bug you on this old thread. I am building a set of MC-501's for a friend and have some questions about the hosel bore.
    I was surprised that the shafts he provided fit loosely in the heads and need no boring. The new shafts -- PX LS 6.0 are loose and bounce around in the heads. How was the fit when you tried the shafts in your MC-501 heads? Did you need to bore the hosels as is the reputation with Miura heads?
    And, of course, what is the size of the hosel bore that you found out from your inquiries? I can't find this information with all of my Internet searching.
    Thank you very much for any info you can provide! I really appreciate it!
    Best regards!
    Keith.

Hi Keith, with my set there was a question initially that they were fakes because two of the heads were way off in their weight and the bore was .370. I reached out to a couple experts on Miuras on GolfWRX who confirmed they were authentic and suspected they were bored out. Check out Diamana_Stinger and RyanbarathWRX on GolfWRX.
    Lefty Lucas

Sand Wedge hoganblades is on a distinguished road hoganblades's Avatar

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Hi Keith, with my set there was a question initially that they were fakes because two of the heads were way off in their weight and the bore was .370. I reached out to a couple experts on Miuras on GolfWRX who confirmed they were authentic and suspected they were bored out. Check out Diamana_Stinger and RyanbarathWRX on GolfWRX.

Hi LeftLucas,
    Thank you very much for your reply!!! I'll check out the two Ottawa Golf members you mentioned.
    It's funny with the heads I got to shaft up because they are still wrapped in plastic and show no signs of boring. Measuring against some Hogan Apex 99 heads I have they are quite close, but the 0.355 reamer bore I have is considerably tighter in my Hogans than in the Miuras. Same with the shafts. There's a lot of play in the Miura hosels... That's concerning to me.

Best regards!
    Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by hoganblades View Post
    Hi LeftLucas,
    Thank you very much for your reply!!! I'll check out the two Ottawa Golf members you mentioned.
    It's funny with the heads I got to shaft up because they are still wrapped in plastic and show no signs of boring. Measuring against some Hogan Apex 99 heads I have they are quite close, but the 0.355 reamer bore I have is considerably tighter in my Hogans than in the Miuras. Same with the shafts. There's a lot of play in the Miura hosels... That's concerning to me.

Best regards!
    Keith.
    They are not OG Members it’s Golfwrx
    Lefty Lucas

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoganblades View Post
    Hi LeftLucas,

Best regards!
    Keith.
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/profile/402-diamana_stinger/

https://forums.golfwrx.com/profile/5...ryanbarathwrx/

If you have an old .370 shaft kicking around see if it fits in the heads. If it does not fit and if you're using .355 then you'll have to use shafting beads
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Thread Information