CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Lob Wedge 4eyedgoalies is on a distinguished road 4eyedgoalies's Avatar

Carleton Place area courses

I am moving from Ottawa out to Carleton Place this spring and was looking at some feedback a few of courses out that way. I am planning to get a membership for the course.
    1. Mississippi
    2. Pakenham Highlands
    3. Greensmere

I was a member previously at Ottawa Hunt, but the drive doesn’t make sense. I understand that Mississippi is closed to new members right now, but I would be willing to wait if it’s worth it.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    I drove out to Pakenham mid season last summer....and I couldn't believe the rough shape of the fairways. Dead grass everywhere. It looked like they do not have a sprinkler system.

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Coming from Ottawa Hunt, I think you would be quite satisfied with Greensmere and I would rate them the best of the three choices given. But I would also consider Smiths Falls (Brooke Henderson's home course) if I were in your position.

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    Canadian is an option

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Perth is also a very nice course and within a reasonable drive from Carleton Place as well.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedgoalies View Post
    I am moving from Ottawa out to Carleton Place this spring and was looking at some feedback a few of courses out that way. I am planning to get a membership for the course.
    1. Mississippi
    2. Pakenham Highlands
    3. Greensmere

I was a member previously at Ottawa Hunt, but the drive doesn’t make sense. I understand that Mississippi is closed to new members right now, but I would be willing to wait if it’s worth it.
    I was a member at Greensmere for a while and I really enjoyed it. Great members, great staff, and two different courses that, in normal times, give you very easy access to the tee sheet. I know they were only offering limited spots for new members this year as well.

I suspect that Mississippi would be slightly closer to a Hunt atmosphere (not really close, just closer), and is a very nice old course, but I also heard they sold 100+ new memberships with their fall promotion. Tee access might suck this year. That said, the short commute there from Carleton Place is great.

Although last summer was hard for everyone, Pakenham has had poor conditioning for years.

7 Iron nezzie is on a distinguished road
    If you have the distances of Pakenham and Greensmere on your list, then like some folks said earlier Perth Golf Course (in Town of Perth) is one of Canadas oldest courses. Smiths Falls as well, both courses are usually in great shape early in the year. Mississippi conditions are the nicest around here, but of course do not compare to the Hunt.

I believe this post by Adam Stanley attributed to some of those Memberships last fall https://twitter.com/adam_stanley/sta...51498696384513

Putter BillinOttawa is on a distinguished road
    Timber Run in Lanark is a nice course to play

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by nezzie View Post
    I believe this post by Adam Stanley attributed to some of those Memberships last fall https://twitter.com/adam_stanley/sta...51498696384513
    If that picture is representative of what the course looks like it’s no surprise golfers have joined in waves. That looks really nice

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    If that picture is representative of what the course looks like it’s no surprise golfers have joined in waves. That looks really nice
    I played it for the first time two summers ago and was pleasantly surprised. Oddly I liked the back even more than the front and that is the newer 9.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    I'm moving to Almonte and had the same debate. I was too late to join Mississippi, and then considered both Canadian and Greensmere. To me they both had significant pros and cons. The flexible packages at Canadian make it an attractive option while Greensmere offered two 18s. As crazy as it sounds, for me it came down to which course was the most practical to get to. Greensmere is on the way home from work and offers good condition. I'm hoping that the membership is good and I will easily find tee-times. Had I lived in CP, maybe I would have picked the Canadian.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

When you get out this way, and you don't mind making 1 hour trips at times to get to some courses. Dragon Fly (Renfrew), Renfrew Golf Club and Whitetail (Eganville) are all very nice finds

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nezzie View Post
    When you get out this way, and you don't mind making 1 hour trips at times to get to some courses. Dragon Fly (Renfrew), Renfrew Golf Club and Whitetail (Eganville) are all very nice finds
    Another course in that area is Wolf Ridge.

Lob Wedge silverdog is on a distinguished road
    I heard the the Canadian is not offering unlimited golf this year they are going with 40 50 60 game packs

3 Iron Noonan is on a distinguished road
    [QUOTE=4eyedgoalies;568815]I am moving from Ottawa out to Carleton Place this spring and was looking at some feedback a few of courses out that way. I am planning to get a membership for the course.
    1. Mississippi
    2. Pakenham Highlands
    3. Greensmere

I was a member at both Mississippi and Greensmere. Both good courses but I preferred Greensmere for the variety of the 36 holes.
    Conditions were good at both locations but Greensmere had slightly faster greens on average. Rounds were quick at both facilities if you play early morning. There are more competitive teams that you can try to qualify for at Mississippi if you’re a low handicapper/competitive player.

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedgoalies View Post
    1. Mississippi
    2. Pakenham Highlands
    3. Greensmere

Played Mississippi for the first time in a long time and I was overly impressed with the immaculate fairways and greens. Best of the ones you specified
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

Thread Information