+ Reply to Thread
    Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road

Callaway Shaft replacement

Thinking of having a new shaft put in my Callaway driver. It will be a 335 shaft so I know a shim will be necessary because the driver is 350. Any recommendations for someone to do this in the Ottawa area. I want to make sure it is done properly and the head is not scratched or damaged at all. How are the guys at Golftown??? All recommendations welcome. Thanks

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Don't know about Golftown. There is a place here in Ottawa that sticks the shaft pin and epoxy the shaft and use a nylon wheel to finish the bore through flush with the club sole. It does an 8 out 10 job as this leaves a mark on the sole of the club if you look closely. Ask what the procedure is before you proceed. I have reshafted some bore thrus and have always dry fitted the shaft and cut the 45 degree angle before epoxying. I have seen jobs where the graphics were not lined up in the middle and that was not done for spining purposes. Using 24 hour epoxy is best as I can check back every 2 hours or so if the club sets up the way I want it. Good luck.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael
    Thinking of having a new shaft put in my Callaway driver. It will be a 335 shaft so I know a shim will be necessary because the driver is 350. Any recommendations for someone to do this in the Ottawa area. I want to make sure it is done properly and the head is not scratched or damaged at all. How are the guys at Golftown??? All recommendations welcome. Thanks
    Is it a late model Callaway? if so you most likely won't have to shim it. Golfworks sells Callaway OEM shaft adapters for their new generation woods (VFT, Steelhead III, ERC, GBB II, etc.) and there's one for .335 shafts. Their part number is BB9002. I'm going to use one when I reshaft my Fusion.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Thread Information