CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I wonder?

Birdie flagolfnut is on a distinguished road

I wonder?

I'm here at 11:00pm watching the LPGA and I'm wondering why there are so many Korean LPGA players when on the PGA there are hardly any? Do any of you know if there are a lot of golf courses in South Korea? I heard it's really expensive to play there, but it just strikes me as odd why there are so many women who are pro and not too many men.

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    I ended up golfing with a South Korean women in Moncton, NB and she told me that its very expensive to golf in South Korea and you pretty much have to be a member. The last time she golfed in South Korea, it cost her almost $500 because of the green fee, caddy fee, food, tipping the caddy and everyone else. She enjoyed living in Moncton for the relaxed environment and cheap golf.

I read somewhere that the Korean men have a mandatory military service in their late teens for like 3 years...so this kind of disrupts their golf progress.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Many Koreans fly to China or even Vancouver to play golf as it is so expensive to play in Korea. The comment about the military makes sense if this is the case, interesting.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Thread Information