CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    8 Iron cpal is on a distinguished road

Greed and a Terrible Day at Cloverdale

Always a shame when businesses try to cash in at the expense of their customers. On Friday we had a tee time for 1:25 and on arrival there were about 30 people waiting on the first tee. Turns out they decided to book tee times every 5 minutes, which is extra odd during COVID. We didn't get off the first tee until nearly 2:15, over 45 minutes later. And with the course extremely overbooked, front 9 took 2h45m and we had to give up knowing it was impossible to finish before sunset. Every group around us was angry and a good number were quitting at 9 out of futility. Clearly the course wanted to take advantage of the last nice weather day of the season by completely disregarding the experience of its customers. We were offered a rain check for 9 and a half cart as compensation, which does nothing to rectify the experience. Won't be back or to the sister courses. No point supporting a business that cares so little about its customers - lots of alternatives around.

Thought I'd give a heads up.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I hate that too, not the first time courses named ending with Links have been greedy and not customer oriented.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    I hate that too, not the first time courses named ending with Links have been greedy and not customer oriented.
    I was thinking the same thing....Too bad to end the season with a bad taste in your mouth for their courses.... I would have been happier with a refund for 9 holes and the cart, instead of a credit....

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cpal View Post
    Always a shame when businesses try to cash in at the expense of their customers. On Friday we had a tee time for 1:25 and on arrival there were about 30 people waiting on the first tee. Turns out they decided to book tee times every 5 minutes, which is extra odd during COVID. We didn't get off the first tee until nearly 2:15, over 45 minutes later. And with the course extremely overbooked, front 9 took 2h45m and we had to give up knowing it was impossible to finish before sunset. Every group around us was angry and a good number were quitting at 9 out of futility. Clearly the course wanted to take advantage of the last nice weather day of the season by completely disregarding the experience of its customers. We were offered a rain check for 9 and a half cart as compensation, which does nothing to rectify the experience. Won't be back or to the sister courses. No point supporting a business that cares so little about its customers - lots of alternatives around.

Thought I'd give a heads up.
    tee times at 5 minute intervals? This goes against government protocols..unbelievable

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    All the hacks didn't know and probably won't care My son paid full pop last minutes to play at a course in the city this weekend and it's the same he told me. Courses are packed.

Really it is shameful to take advantage of customers like that. However they are running a business and probably made up more money to afford a few disgruntled golfers. It is like Canada geese flying south and will come back in the summer. We always will.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    that's brutal. We did play on Friday at Emerald Links and got off at 8:39 and finished in under 4 hours. I'd be pissed if that happened though.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    Golfing at Anderson tomorrow, hope everything goes well.

2 Iron scrollerpete is on a distinguished road
    Years ago you could book on line at Cloverdale, after they confirm your booking, you phoned them and asked for the same time and they will give it to you. I remembered going there one day and they had double booked again and there was so much trouble on the first tee that the starter Marshall walked out and quit right then. Same old same old, only one word to describe the situation, GREED
    scrollerpete

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scrollerpete View Post
    Years ago you could book on line at Cloverdale, after they confirm your booking, you phoned them and asked for the same time and they will give it to you. I remembered going there one day and they had double booked again and there was so much trouble on the first tee that the starter Marshall walked out and quit right then. Same old same old, only one word to describe the situation, GREED
    It reminds me of when Ryan Howard was recording the Dunder Mifflin salesperson's sales a second time as website sales. It didn't end well.
    Andrew

Thread Information