CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Pitching Wedge MS1 is on a distinguished road

Post Membership and Physio

Greetings all,

New to the forum and excited to be here. I got the golf bug this year and have started to dream golf (much to my Wife's annoyance). I have been on the range a lot and this has impacted my shoulder and elbow (I am a long time tennis player which does not help either). Any recommendations on a good Physio for golf-related injuries?

I am also curious about memberships. Is it worth the money or should I just stick to playing at the public courses. I spend a lot of money at the range (Kevin Haime) and would like to get the kids started. I live in the Glebe so what would be the closest reasonably priced membership option? Thanks,

MS

On the membership front, I reached out to Rideauview and Hylands via email. I got a prompt response from Hylands outlining all the details. No response from Rideeauview. Either trying to be all uppity or my email went into junk mail. I am hoping people will weigh in here. I am also surprised that no one has any Physio recommendations. Thanks

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    Depending on the age of your kids, Greyhawk is a great option. I joined there and my wife and kids get free twilight golf and range use which is great. Wife and I can do Social night on Fridays and Date night on Saturdays where they have a free clinic from 3-4pm. Then Sunday afternoon is family day with a kids clinic from 3-4pm.

8 Iron Bodey is on a distinguished road
    I went to see Arthur Cueco at Merivale Pro Physio, if you're a tennis player you might know his name (I understand he is a fairly well known tennis coach, although I don't play tennis). He was really good, helped me with some knee and shoulder issues. I know several people who have gone through that clinic and enjoyed their service.

As for memberships I can't guide you anywhere since I can't justify the amount of golf I'd need to play to make it worth it. Looking at one of the memberships like EG or Corporate Golf may be a good option until you are all in on golf and get an idea how often the family wants to spend time at a golf course.

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    check your Private messages for healthcare recommendations

Thanks, I played at Greyhawk this year and it was a really nice course. I think I played Talon. The initiation fee is a big drawback for me.

I will check out EG and Corporate. You do have a point on the cost versus payoff. Kids might lose interest tomorrow.

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by MS1 View Post
    Thanks, I played at Greyhawk this year and it was a really nice course. I think I played Talon. The initiation fee is a big drawback for me.

I will check out EG and Corporate. You do have a point on the cost versus payoff. Kids might lose interest tomorrow.
    Initiation fee at Greyhawk is about $180 every year for 20 years...

Quote Originally Posted by golfisforfun View Post
    Initiation fee at Greyhawk is about $180 every year for 20 years...
    Thanks, I will follow up with the golf links rep. Surprisingly I have had to chase him to get any response.

9 Iron rajah is on a distinguished road
    I played a lot of elite level tennis and average golf player but have suffered from injuries. The best physio i found this year and I have seen tons of them. Her name is Lilly Zhang at Physio vive. She is absolutely amazing physiotherapist and a very nice person. She does hand manipulation and acupuncture. she provided me with exercises to resolve my issues and does not see patients forever. For me she is God send.

https://physiovive.com/the-team/lily_zhang/

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    For physio, I recommend Allen Hicks at Evolution Pysiotherapy in Kanata...not too far from Kevin Haime. He’s helped me and my friends thru our shoulder/elbow injuries. He’s a golfer and a Certified Titleist Golf Fitness Instructor too. Good luck!

http://evolutionphysiotherapy.com/

Lob Wedge BobMcBobson is on a distinguished road
    I second the recommendation for Allen Hicks. He helped me a few years ago with a shoulder and elbow injury that threatened to end my season. Even though you don't live in the area, he's worth the drive in my opinion.

And, given you live in the Glebe, Hylands is a great option for a private course. You might also want to check out Carleton Golf & Yacht which is roughly the same distance away as Rideauview.

Thanks, @bobblehead and @BobMcBobson. Very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post
    I played a lot of elite level tennis and average golf player but have suffered from injuries. The best physio i found this year and I have seen tons of them. Her name is Lilly Zhang at Physio vive. She is absolutely amazing physiotherapist and a very nice person. She does hand manipulation and acupuncture. she provided me with exercises to resolve my issues and does not see patients forever. For me she is God send.

Thanks @rajah

https://physiovive.com/the-team/lily_zhang/
    Thanks @Rajah

Thread Information