CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gatineau

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road

Smile Gatineau

Played Gatineau yesterday and conditions are great. I have a few questions concerning the course layout. Number one number 6 is now a short par four(260 yards) is this permanent. Second question what is the plan for holes 14-16 in the future. Last thing if not for a golf shuttle between 15 and 16 it would be the longest dead walk I have ever seen between holes.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I think they have a model inside the clubhouse with future layout i was told last year. There are a few members here that can chime in to help clear things up

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    I play the front at Gatineau a lot and the greens are always good, and in the late afternoon you can play as many holes as you want for $25.
    No. 7 (the short par 4) had the tee boxes moved forward because the home owners on the right were constantly complaining about sliced tee shots going on their property. I don't mind it because now I have options (4i off tee or if the wind is down try to drive the green. Last time I drove the green and of course, 3 putted lol).

No.15 was my favourite hole on the course. The change there I do not like as much. Apparently, they are building a school back there. And yes, the walk from 15 to 16 is an Odyssey. I did it because the shuttle had stopped a couple of weeks back around 8pm and it took at least 20 mins.

As I said I tend to play the front only now in late afternoon, often getting around twice in 2.5 hours walking and then sometimes end with 10, and 18. I enjoy the course

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road
    goochy thanks for the info. To bad 15 was changed I really liked it. Do you know what the plan is for the future of holes 14-16.

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouboude View Post
    goochy thanks for the info. To bad 15 was changed I really liked it. Do you know what the plan is for the future of holes 14-16.
    Hi Bouboude...no sorry, unfortunately I'm not sure what the long term plan is. Marcos said there was a model in the clubhouse but I haven't been in there as I just pop in the proshop, pay and leave.

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    Gatineau yesterday. I was matched with 3 other players who only played 9 holes. So I was by myself for the last 9. On the 18th green the attendant came out in a cart and asked me to identify myself (and I did) as if I was an intruder..., (a little bit late to ask on the 18th green), and a bunch of people on the 19th watching this, and no apologies. YIKES. So much for customer relations.

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kak View Post
    Gatineau yesterday. I was matched with 3 other players who only played 9 holes. So I was by myself for the last 9. On the 18th green the attendant came out in a cart and asked me to identify myself (and I did) as if I was an intruder..., (a little bit late to ask on the 18th green), and a bunch of people on the 19th watching this, and no apologies. YIKES. So much for customer relations.
    wow what the heck is going on with intimidation at some courses.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    That is not good, instead he should have asked you for your tee time and scooted off and figured it out looking at the tee sheet. No harm no foul. So easy to be nice and straight forward i.e. "where is the rest of your group, were you so good that they did not want to play with you anymore,lol?)
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Thread Information