100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar

"That's about the best he could do!"...

Anyone else get completely tired of the golf cliches spilling out of the commentators mouths. Example see title above. No chipping from a bad spot to within 10 feet is not about the best he could do, holing it would be about the best he could do, no it's not a good play it's a shot.

I realize it is hard to do play by play year after year but at least people like Johnny Miller or newbies like Nick Faldo try to be a little harder hitting and humorous, different.

Or how about the set up for an average situation in which they try to build tension to make the golfer appear godly. Announcer asks another announcer, Can he get it close, I don't know is the reply, it would take a miracle...then... "Tiger is sitting in the light rough, ALMOST 2 FEET OFF THE GREEN! he pitches...OH MY GOD..it's on the green, only 20 feet away, what an awesome display of talent"

How about mind reading play by play. Hmm he's sizing up his putt, he must be shaking inside knowing he needs this, no, maybe he actually is feeling ok, but again they are mind readers. What do you guy's think?
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    You can't tell me yourself or one of your playing partners have never been in one of those positions on the golf course where, besides holing the shot, "the best you could do" was 10 ft pass the hole (just a scenario). I know I have been in those situations, and the courses around here are not as gruelling as the tour's courses. I agree that some of the commentary is repetitive and they build up shots more so than how important they actually are. But as for the "best he could do" in some situations that probably was his best.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Watch golf on RDS and then come back to us
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Thread Information