100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Harry potter!!!

"Richard"

Harry potter!!!

it comes out tonight. Anyone else pumped? I am. Some of you probably have kids my age who are pumped about it.

Barnie
    What age is that anyway? I pegged you as older than someone who would be pumped for Harry Potter.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I was wondering the same thing, but didn't bother to ask.

Out of Bounds chipandput is on a distinguished road chipandput's Avatar

Harry

I prefer Harry Putter.

Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    it comes out tonight. Anyone else pumped? I am. Some of you probably have kids my age who are pumped about it.

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar
    What a joke....... being pumped about a book.....

I can't believe that The Shtickette is gonna wait in line today and get a copy!!

As for me, I couldn't care less about Harry Potter.

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Love to read but haven't read any Potter, really no urge to either.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chipandput
    I prefer Harry Putter.

"Richard"
    I'm 17, turning 18 next week but anyone since no one takes me seriously ever online on any site I just say I'm 20... you'd be suprised how much of a diffrence it makes

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    I'm waiting for the next Harry Putter book.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Out of Bounds chipandput is on a distinguished road chipandput's Avatar

New harry Putter

I don't think it's gonna come out, cause they made a hole..... in one in the publisher's budget with the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge
    I'm waiting for the next Harry Putter book.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Don't get me wrong, I would love to read Harry Potter and probably will before I die. But if someone were to write that book but in Canada... or the states it would suck!!!
    Its not the books that are nice, its the awards the books have won. I will read them because the greatest readers in the world have read them (past and present) and to say that i read the books. These books can very easily be duplicated for very little money but they haven't because everyone knows that it would just be a "cow pat" of a book series without the awards that go along with them. I like north american style books better.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hill
    Don't get me wrong, I would love to read Harry Potter and probably will before I die. But if someone were to write that book but in Canada... or the states it would suck!!!
    Its not the books that are nice, its the awards the books have won. I will read them because the greatest readers in the world have read them (past and present) and to say that i read the books. These books can very easily be duplicated for very little money but they haven't because everyone knows that it would just be a "cow pat" of a book series without the awards that go along with them. I like north american style books better.

Never judge a book by it's cover P.S. I don't like Harry Potter.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

Harry

My daughters are 20 and 18 and have never read a Harry Potter book. I assume they just have no desire to read them, or they are too old to be reading Harry Potter's adventures. I was under the impression these books were geared for younger children.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

"Richard"
    they might be targeted at younger readers but you have to remember that i was 14 when the books first came out. So that means your girls would have been 14 and 12... they weren't reading them then either? Once you start reading them you can stop and i will read the next one next year as well. You can't spend 6 years following a story and then not read the last two books.

Hybrid Timothy.Reeve is on a distinguished road

Age is not the issue

My daughters are 18 and 16. They have both finished this volume for the first time and are starting in on round two. I have read the first three so far and expect to catch up with some of the more recent news over August vacation. My wife is the same. At least it gives us something to talk about over supper. ;^)

Personally, I would much rather my kids were reading Harry Potter than playing Doom.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    To me, the more people like something, the worse I tend to find it. I would imagine there would be little argument that the majority of people are not particularly bright, and thus popularity isn't always the best yardstick to measure things by. I tend to dislike Academy Award winning movies, hate top-20 music, and don't watch any of the big shows out there like Will & Grace, Everyone Loves Ray and other such fodder.

I'll read Harry Potter when I'm forced to by my little girls, but other than that I'd read junk mail over it any day! And bring on the DOOM!

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    they might be targeted at younger readers but you have to remember that i was 14 when the books first came out. So that means your girls would have been 14 and 12... they weren't reading them then either? Once you start reading them you can stop and i will read the next one next year as well. You can't spend 6 years following a story and then not read the last two books.
    They never read any of the Harry Potter books. They were not into that, they studied for school and worked part time jobs, both since they were 14 years old.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    To me, the more people like something, the worse I tend to find it.
    THAT explains 1,800+ posts!!

P.S. DOOM rocks and Harry Potter sucks!

Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar

Harry Potter

I am to old and pompous to admit I read Harry Potter. So I guess I will have to wait for my son to finish the book and then sneak off into a corner and read it.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    In Britain they found that loads of adults liked the books but were to ashamed to read them in public (typical Brits!) so they released editions of the books that had more adult style covers on them rather than the cartoonish ones the kids have. A master stroke, they sold tonnes more copies.

Thread Information