CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Renfrew

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar

Renfrew

Anyone know if greens have recovered?

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    A group of my playing partners were up there last week and said the greens were in rough shape as was the course in general.
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Too bad, it's a great layout and very good customer service and great food.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eez View Post
    A group of my playing partners were up there last week and said the greens were in rough shape as was the course in general.
    Into august and no improvement so a write off this year I guess

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    It's unfortunate that such a nice course has such bad luck. I am sure it will recover before the end of the season.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eez View Post
    That's unfortunate to hear. Love Renfrew and always enjoyed playing there. They also had a great deal at the Golf Expo which I picked up. I will head up and play regardless I think as I am happy to give them my support as they struggle with difficult conditions. If I head up this week I will report back.

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    Golfed last week and agree with the comments regarding conditions

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1800Duffers View Post
    Golfed last week and agree with the comments regarding conditions
    I've played there probably three times per week since opening weekend, and while the conditions are not what I am accustomed to (I've been a member for 20 years) they are improving. Some of the greens are almost completely healed from the savage winter kill, and the ones that were most severly affected are vastly improved. We had our club championship this past weekend where a friend shot a 69 on Sunday, so it can't be that bad. The tee sheet has been pretty busy as well. It is quite playable. The superintendant deserves a medal, not the critique he's had to deal with. I'd rather play RGC than any of the other courses in the area.
    Andrew

It's a great course but I don't think anyone criticised the superintendent, they were simply stating the conditions without placing blame. As you said bringing the course back to good condition is a great accomplishment, I personally really enjoy that course.
    Lefty Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    It's a great course but I don't think anyone criticised the superintendent, they were simply stating the conditions without placing blame. As you said bringing the course back to good condition is a great accomplishment, I personally really enjoy that course.
    I didn't mean the critique on here Luc, I meant at the course. all good
    Andrew

No worries, most courses last year went through terrible winter kill, kudos to your super!
    Lefty Lucas

3 Wood fourlights is on a distinguished road fourlights's Avatar
    Is Rob Warren still a member at Renfrew? We were paired up with him a few times when we played there a few years ago. What a ball striking machine. Played 4 rounds with him and I think he missed a total of 3 greens. It was unbelievable.

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    Thanks lefty, i never made comments regarding the supe but you (sak) quoted me as if i did.

Quote Originally Posted by fourlights View Post
    Is Rob Warren still a member at Renfrew? We were paired up with him a few times when we played there a few years ago. What a ball striking machine. Played 4 rounds with him and I think he missed a total of 3 greens. It was unbelievable.
    I play with him every week. He is playing in his 50th Gordon Cup this year. Truly a phenom, shooting his age or lower so regularly we don't keep track any more.
    Andrew

Thread Information