CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Irish hills

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar

Irish hills conditions?

Anyone have an update on conditions..never played it.Thanks for any input
    Last edited by justdoit; 07-22-2020 at 06:52 PM.

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Played the 9 hole course, "Yellow" the last 2 Thursdays and while the greens were ok, the fairways were in distress (as were many courses), and the tee boxes in very rough shape. I played the Blue-Red 18 hole combo in late June and the conditions were similar, except the greens had been recently punched down and were bumpy. I'm assuming that Yellow would have had similar greens at the time, but has recovered since then. Not a great, nor bad course. Close to Ottawa, reasonable rates, and plenty of open tee times.

Unlike Emerald Links with 3 - 9s that has mixes of 18s E-W. W-S, S-E running at the same time, that criss-cross and irritate me when I have a tee time that gets pushed back because another group (or 2) has finished their first nine and are sitting ahead of me on my #1 hole, Irish Hills has a dedicated 9 and dedicated 18.
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eez View Post
    Played the 9 hole course, "Yellow" the last 2 Thursdays and while the greens were ok, the fairways were in distress (as were many courses), and the tee boxes in very rough shape. I played the Blue-Red 18 hole combo in late June and the conditions were similar, except the greens had been recently punched down and were bumpy. I'm assuming that Yellow would have had similar greens at the time, but has recovered since then. Not a great, nor bad course. Close to Ottawa, reasonable rates, and plenty of open tee times.

Unlike Emerald Links with 3 - 9s that has mixes of 18s E-W. W-S, S-E running at the same time, that criss-cross and irritate me when I have a tee time that gets pushed back because another group (or 2) has finished their first nine and are sitting ahead of me on my #1 hole, Irish Hills has a dedicated 9 and dedicated 18.
    thanks for that.Played Dragonfly today awesome conditions no complaints at all..

Thread Information