CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter reizax is on a distinguished road

Courses ripping people off for carts

So far Canadian and Smith's Falls have ripped me off for golf carts. Canadian charged $50 and Smith's Falls $42. Won't be going back again!

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    ?????

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Smith Falls says 18.50 on their web site for a single or $37 for a a double. Seems reasonable. Why not walk?

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    How about Mississippi charging 20.00 for an 11:56 tee time and you don't get off until 12:02---when the price break is 12:00. Yep there are all kinds of examples out there. It's all about the money
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    How about Mississippi charging 20.00 for an 11:56 tee time and you don't get off until 12:02---when the price break is 12:00. Yep there are all kinds of examples out there. It's all about the money
    ? You are whinging about a $20 tee time?
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by reizax View Post
    So far Canadian and Smith's Falls have ripped me off for golf carts. Canadian charged $50 and Smith's Falls $42. Won't be going back again!
    First of all, the prices you quoted for both clubs are for 2 people and include HST.

Secondly, most courses have increased prices for cart rentals this year because of the cost of installing dividers in every cart and the cost of sanitizing every golf cart used after every round. This should not come as a total surprise to people.

I rented a cart yesterday for the first time in years at Metcalfe, since my tee time was 12:30 and the temperature was over 35*. The cost was $20 including HST - last year it would have been $17 (Metcalfe charges per rider, not per cart). So yeah, prices have increased but I don't think I would call it a ripoff. I can still walk if I want to!

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    ? You are whinging about a $20 tee time?
    From the guy that is too cheap to drive to Arnprior to buy used car parts ( Jeff C ) If you had of read the post properly you would have understood that there was a 20.00 charge between am and pm. (4 minutes ) Mississippi is not worth 87.50 Maybe Reizax could not walk 18 holes. Don't be so quick to judge
    Last edited by big mac; 07-12-2020 at 12:21 PM. Reason: clarrification
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

From the guy that is too cheap to drive to Arnprior to buy used car parts ( Jeff C ) If you had of read the post properly you would have understood that there was a 20.00 charge between am and pm. (4 minutes ) Mississippi is not worth 87.50 Maybe Reizax could not walk 18 holes. Don't be so quick to judge
    So book in the PM then. And what’s this thing about car parts in Arnprior. No idea what you are talking about.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    I dont take a cart but the guys I play with normally do. Most of the courses have been accommodating and have only charged per seat, when they could have charged for the full cart going out. In my opinion they are actually losing money by having more carts out on the fairways....gas, or electric, they still have to fill them up and clean them. Courses have been doing a great job in adapting to the COVID crisis and giving us a safe and enjoyable experience.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar

I believe the most expensive regular rate round in the Ottawa region is the Marshes ~100 with cart. Even then I don't think it is worth it . 87$ for Mississippi is definitely not worth it

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    I would estimate that the average for the Ottawa area is ~ $20 per rider for a shared cart , if you ride solo it can go as high as $25. I agree that extra expense is warranted due to required cleaning and to cover the plexiglass installation but $25 per rider for a shared cart is a bit too much. Walking 18 holes is not an option for many players with medical conditions and especially when it gets as hot as it has been. I walk playing 9 but will fork over the coin for a cart when playing 18.

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleek View Post
    I would estimate that the average for the Ottawa area is ~ $20 per rider for a shared cart , if you ride solo it can go as high as $25. I agree that extra expense is warranted due to required cleaning and to cover the plexiglass installation but $25 per rider for a shared cart is a bit too much. Walking 18 holes is not an option for many players with medical conditions and especially when it gets as hot as it has been. I walk playing 9 but will fork over the coin for a cart when playing 18.
    Carts are a huge annoyance of mine. I have no idea why more people don't walk. It's more fun, it's good exercise, it's generally quicker (unless there are marathon walks between greens and tee boxes) and it promotes better golf...you see more, get a better feel for the course etc.
    I understand there are days here when it is 35C and a cart might be smart, or that some people may not be able to walk (although this must be a tiny percentage) BUT it drives me cray when I see young guys tearing round the course in carts.
    Let's be honest...the sole purpose of carts is revenue for the course. There are many places (UK, Australia, many places in Europe) where you can ONLY take a cart if you are unable to walk...I would love that here.
    If you normally cart I would encourage you to try a few rounds walking if you can...you might like it and feel like you earned that beer at the 19th hole

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by goochy View Post
    Carts are a huge annoyance of mine. I have no idea why more people don't walk. It's more fun, it's good exercise, it's generally quicker (unless there are marathon walks between greens and tee boxes) and it promotes better golf...you see more, get a better feel for the course etc.
    I understand there are days here when it is 35C and a cart might be smart, or that some people may not be able to walk (although this must be a tiny percentage) BUT it drives me cray when I see young guys tearing round the course in carts.
    Let's be honest...the sole purpose of carts is revenue for the course. There are many places (UK, Australia, many places in Europe) where you can ONLY take a cart if you are unable to walk...I would love that here.
    If you normally cart I would encourage you to try a few rounds walking if you can...you might like it and feel like you earned that beer at the 19th hole
    60+ , 2 damaged knees, bunions, bone spurs in heels, plantar faciitis , plate and screws in one foot make it a challenge Goochy. But I would walk more if I knew I would not feel major discomfort the day after. I was walking and carrying until mid forties.
    Good rant against use of carts, I get it ....to each his own.

Need a Caddy slash is on a distinguished road
    Got a cure for those planters worth. Soak in ognions in vinegar for 8 hours and then apply the onions to the planters worth and secure them with duck tape around your foot. Next morning take it off. Might have to repeat a few times but it worked for me. Tried the nitrogen at the doctor and even had them zap at a clinic. Painful to go through and they always came back.Had 15/20 under each foot. Never came back. That was 15 years agò.

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    In Japan where I used to live, many courses have your bag on a roller coaster like conveyer belt...never once saw an option to carry/walk or even rent a cart. And of course you can never play through either, but they enforce quick play with companion rules like a "Play~ingu Yon (4)" drop zone up closer to the hole on any OB tee-shot.

I remember ripping a tee shot that went less than a foot past the red staked zone and the stern looking grandma caddy (they're all retirees) insisted I drop and hit a 4th from that zone. Good times...bad scores.
    Last edited by SnazzyD; 07-13-2020 at 10:35 PM.

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleek View Post
    60+ , 2 damaged knees, bunions, bone spurs in heels, plantar faciitis , plate and screws in one foot make it a challenge Goochy. But I would walk more if I knew I would not feel major discomfort the day after. I was walking and carrying until mid forties.
    Good rant against use of carts, I get it ....to each his own.
    Absolutely understood cleek. If you can't walk because discomfort I totally get it. I just wish more of us who can walk, would walk, Swing well

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Then there is Mapleview in Perth that is super cheap so you get a free cart when you replay $12.50 all in (green fee + cart)
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goochy View Post
    I agree with you 100 per cent..I walk all the time unless it's way too hot and humid,so a couple of cart rentals this year.And those younger guys only want the cart because they have beer holders..😎

Thread Information