100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Iron whatsup is on a distinguished road

Watching the market

Buy more or sell?? I have been watching GolfTown's trust unit (I actually own it at $10 from their IPO). It hit a high of $13.25 but has fallen off to $10.25 and hit a low of $10.01. One thing I know for sure is that the market is never wrong. I have heard grumblings in the past about the problems GolfTown has been experiencing but never gave it much thought. Are they really cash strapped? The market is interpreting the rumours as true.

G

Caddy SGH is on a distinguished road SGH's Avatar
    Although I don't know GT's specific financial situation, you have to keep in mind that markets tend to reflect rumours - or rumours reflect the market - depending on your point of view. It's a class 'chicken or the egg' type scenarios. A better way to dictate GT"s future prospects would be to examine their financials, and seeing as they are public (I assume) and you own a portion of the company, you are privy to such information. This will answer all your questions regarding the cash flow, future earnings potential etc.

"Richard"
    I have a friend who works at the one in toronto and he is one of the shift managers. He says the store is hurting. Alot of people are turning to ebay for their clubs. They can't complete with that.

3 Iron whatsup is on a distinguished road
    Thotho, thanks for your insight. I also figured that with their rapid expansion their costs would be astonomical. Golf is a mature industry and the only way to increase sales is to gain market share (expand).

Markets only react short term to rumours but always react long term to their fundamentals, that is what scares me.

Thread Information