CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road

West End memberships

Hello fellow OGers... Making a return to the boards as we'll be moving to Almonte. Was wondering what are some of your thoughts on memberships around the West End. I'll be 15 minutes from both Greensmere and Mississippi Mills.

I haven't played Greensmere in almost 10 years and have never played the Mills. In Ottawa I've been a member at Hylands in the past and played around the NCR a fair bit. Looking for your thoughts and all are welcome.

Thanks

Seb
    nice_lag
    Almonte

3 Wood fourlights is on a distinguished road fourlights's Avatar
    Mississippi is one of the best courses in the city. If I lived near there it would be a no brainer.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    I am currently at Hylands (Best deal in town) Yet, Greensmere was a contender two years ago in my selection as it has two 18s, range and practice facilities, it only lost due a location (too far drive from me)..

Mississipi is great too, nice staff and members. Yet, it depends if you just want to just play or have more like a social aspect.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Greensmere is great. Two 18s that provide different challenges depending on how you are feeling and they're normally in very good shape. The greens are particularly good for a semi-private golf club. They don't cover the greens in the winter, so beware that they occasionally suffer winter damage. Greensmere also has a good size range, a couple of practise greens and a practise bunker. Access to the tee sheet is very good.

There is a good group of members there that I enjoyed playing with quite a bit. Men's night is especially fun and usually has 30-40 people out. One of the best things about Greensmere is the people running the club. Tyler is an exceptional director of golf and does an excellent job with members and staff. Peter is one of the best superintendents in town. He is innovative and does amazing work on a non-private club budget.

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    Greensmere is a great choice, awesome layout.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Best thing is to go play both courses and see witch one fits your needs. If you can arrange a game with a member, even better. Best of luck and both are great courses.

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Best thing is to go play both courses and see witch one fits your needs. If you can arrange a game with a member, even better. Best of luck and both are great courses.
    Marcos, that's part of my plan. Just trying to get as much info as possible.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    Greensmere is great. Two 18s that provide different challenges depending on how you are feeling and they're normally in very good shape. The greens are particularly good for a semi-private golf club. They don't cover the greens in the winter, so beware that they occasionally suffer winter damage. Greensmere also has a good size range, a couple of practise greens and a practise bunker. Access to the tee sheet is very good.

There is a good group of members there that I enjoyed playing with quite a bit. Men's night is especially fun and usually has 30-40 people out. One of the best things about Greensmere is the people running the club. Tyler is an exceptional director of golf and does an excellent job with members and staff. Peter is one of the best superintendents in town. He is innovative and does amazing work on a non-private club budget.
    How does 30-40 for men’s night compare with other local clubs?

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    I would definitely recommend Greensmere over Mississippi, although I recognize that price is also a consideration. Both courses are typically in good shape and both have practice facilities. But with 36 holes at Greensmere you will almost always get a tee time, and you get a nice variety of links-style and forest holes. As a green-fee player I found that Mississippi had a quite a few "blind" shots, although I'm sure I would figure out how to play them eventually as a member. And I did score an eagle on a par-4 at Mississippi, so it will always be a little special for me. But if I had to pick a course to play every day, it would be Greensmere over Mississippi.

Thread Information