CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter Chris8185 is on a distinguished road

Golf Course Talk

Hey guys. I sat down and made a list of all the golf courses in Eastern Ontario about a year or two ago and decided that in the following couple of years, I wanted to try to play every course on that list at least once. The area I covered is basically if you look at the map of Ontario and draw a line from Deep River down to Brighton and everything east of that. I excluded par 3 courses, and there's the potential I missed a course or two in my research, but my total count of public full length or executive courses for Eastern Ontario is 111. I've currently played 52, including one private course (Eagle Creek). The tough part is the remaining 59 courses are all close to a 2 hour drive from where I live.

So I had a couple questions for you guys. What are your top 5 or 10 courses in Eastern Ontario?
    What are some out of the way or under the radar courses that people like to play?
    And, does anyone know of any way to get on some of the private courses in the Ottawa area without knowing a member?

Thanks in advance for any information, keep hitting it straight!

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    In no particular order, the following public courses are definitely worth playing up this way: Hawkesbury, Rockland, Upper Canada, Emerald Links, Stonebridge, Equinelle and Loch March. For a special treat cross the Ottawa River at Hawkesbury and play Montebello.

The following mid-level public courses are also usually worth playing, especially in mid-summer conditions: Casselview, Nation, Metcalfe, Meadows, Anderson Links, Canadian, Cedarhill, Renfrew, Greensmere and Perth.

I would normally include The Marshes on one of these lists, but from what I have heard the conditions have deteriorated over the last few years but the green fees have not.

I played Rockland last weekend and a local also recommended Hawkesbury. Have you tried La Cite?

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris8185 View Post
    I played Rockland last weekend and a local also recommended Hawkesbury. Have you tried La Cite?
    Good catch. La Cite is a good, mid-level course that is always fun to play.

Another one that looks nice but isn’t mentioned a lot is Mississippi. Anyone have any information on it? Also Pineview

3 Wood cruxradio is on a distinguished road
    For a long time I had heard great things about La Cite, I finally did last weekend drove down and played 18 at La Cite then played 9 holes at hawkesbury country club. Both were great but definitely preferred La Cite, it was very interesting and fun to play. Hawkesbury reminds me of rideauview, vast open fairways with elevated greens. If possible you can play both, if you start early in the day you can play La Cite first, their morning rates are very reasonable.
    Mississippi is excellent, one of the best public courses in the west end.

Thanks a lot for the info, I’ll attempt to get to Hawkesbury this summer to play both in the same day

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Definitely Mississippi if you can get on
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Thread Information