CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Replay rates

5 Wood rossigm is on a distinguished road rossigm's Avatar

Replay rates

It’s not often that I will do a replay but on occasions when it’s a nice day and the wife hasn’t planned me for anything else, I’ll do a replay. If I’m away on a golf trip with a group of guys (Florida, Myrtle Beach, Arizona, BC, PEI) or just an up and down to (Tremblant, Montebello, Smugglers) upon availability we always do a replay. Replay rates varies from course to course but most will charge about $25 to $40 depending were you are playing.

Well to my surprise we wanted to do a replay at a local course here in the Ottawa/Gatineau area the other day. (I will not name the course here because I’m probably not allowed) The course wanted to charge us full price for a replay!!!! I’ve played many courses in the U.S. and Canada, never have we had to pay the full price for a replay …….really!!!!

We ended up not doing the replay, the clerk at the ProShop told us he was going to speak with management about the situation and get back to us. We still haven’t heard anything and we’ve been back several times. They apparently started charging full price for a replay last year and nobody complained! Probably because the nobody bothered doing a replay

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Unless they state the replay rate for the course, one would expect it would be the full rate or whatever rate at that tee time. Yes it would be nice if they give the golfers a discount for a replay (if the course is not busy) but at the afternoon peak time, I would think they will want to maximize their revenue especially this year with less tee times. I know some courses in the region have play-all-day rate which is nice but it's depending on tee-time availability after your first round.

8 Iron cpal is on a distinguished road
    It's a simple process though - if you're literally on site and ready to start a second round, why would they not just fill the sheet if there are open spots? Obviously when the course is booked up it's a different story, but using a discounted replay rate (when spots are open) is a way to actually fill in empty tee times that aren't likely going to get booked.

Sand Wedge dq2003 is on a distinguished road
    Free at Nation within 1 hour of your finish time (if space is available)

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    $12.50 at Mapleview including cart, cant beat that
    Last edited by leftylucas; 09-12-2020 at 08:11 PM.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    If spots are open, a cheaper replay rate should be allowed. Some revenue is better than none.

Thread Information