CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: KZG Irons

Birdie Sunny D is on a distinguished road Sunny D's Avatar

KZG Irons

Looking to replace my Taylormade RSi. My game has changed since I got them. I went from a 15 handicap to 6. I am wondering if anyone has experience with KZG irons. They are custom clubs and I have to wonder if they might be worth a try.

Thoughts on quality and personal experiences with them?

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    They are excellent clubs and the custom fit can't be beat. I still cannot get rid of my old KZG Q series 3 wood.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    I strongly recommend you have a serious look at what the Wishon brand has to offer. They are manufactured at the same foundry as all the major OEM’s and have quality control second to none.

Several of Tom Wishon’s designs have made the Golf Digest hot list over the years but as it goes for custom clubs the fitting is key.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Agreed, Wishon are excellent as well and Mr. McBride can masterfully fit you up.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    I have played with both KSG and Wishon irons and they are both excellent and definitely "worth a try". Their quality is as good and often better than anything else on the market.

Are you looking at a total custom fitting with new clubs, or just trying something different?

The reason I ask is that custom clubs do not hold the same resale value as name brands like Taylor Made. This is a benefit if you just want to try something different, as you can buy them used relatively cheap and sell them for close to the same price if they don't work out for you.

OTOH if you go the custom fitting with new clubs route, then the benefits can be much greater but the risk is greater also. You really have to be committed to the process of finding the perfect clubs for you, and take whatever time it takes working with clubfitters like Les and Don to find what works for you. The result can be your "lifetime" set that you would never even consider replacing, but if you decide 6 months later that you don't like them then you're not going to recoup a lot of your investment by reselling them.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I also would recommend Wishon and Les is a top notch guy to deal with. Best of luck.

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    I play KZG irons and fairway woods and absolutely love them.

Thread Information