CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Game On!

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar

Game On!

The deal is finally done and the season will begin on schedule. Just one thing, how many fans will return with their pocket books out ready to pay full prices?

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Personally, I could care less about whatever sport it is you are talking about... but that's just me.

2 Iron guyfrompei is on a distinguished road guyfrompei's Avatar
    I'm totally looking forward to watching hockey again! Can't wait to see what the rule changes will bring. I think it's going to be an exciting season. It will be interesting to see what ticket prices will be.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I cancelled my season tickets the day the season was cancelled and got a full refund. I won't be renewing and it will be a long time before I shell out for a game.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Proforged
    Personally, I could care less about whatever sport it is you are talking about... but that's just me.

Now, now Proforged, you can't call yourself Canadian and not be glad to see hockey back..LOL. But honestly, I'm glad it is back but I won't be buying any tickets to a game. TV only for this fan.

Wow, you guys are really holding a grudge aren't you? They had to do it, it's for the better!

Quote Originally Posted by guyfrompei
    Wow, you guys are really holding a grudge aren't you? They had to do it, it's for the better!

That has yet to be seen. If they start tinkering with things like bigger nets hockey is going to become a side show. Play with the other rules, but leave the basics alone. This deal still has yet to be ratified by the players. When they see what has happened a few will be quite upset.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Not holding a grudge, just holding my money.

I have had season tickets from the very first season, modern day Senators of course.

Lockout nothwithstanding, the entertainment value I was getting from my tickets was diminishing and I probably would not have renewed this year anyway. This is a league problem. I will wait and watch to see if the quality of the game has improved before I commit to tickets again.

If in fact they increase the number of teams making the playoffs to 20, I can guarantee you I won't be renewing. IMHO, they should be cutting the number to 12 along with reducing the length of the regular season. Stanley cup finals in June is just plain stupid.

Here, here to alot of what you said jvincent. I agree with with your point of views.

How else will the players and the NHL learn if we don't demonstrate to them exactly how we feel?
    If everyone flocks back to the games the next lockout/strike will last even longer...

Yeah, when you guys put it like that...you have good points. From what i hear, not too many people will be flocking back to the games right away. It's gonna be interesting.

Oh don't worry. Plenty of Canadians will flock back and embrace the NHL. And flock is a good word, because when it comes to hockey, we Canucks are light stunned sheep.
    But in the U.S. it's going to be a tough sell and that's where the dough is...

"Richard"
    Oh man, By my count ottawa still has to resign Hossa, Spezza and havlat. Those three combined will probably make about 8million. That would bump ottawa upto 13 players and 32M. They would still have 7million left to tweek the roster with. I've never been so pumped to be a sens fan. On paper they have one of the best teams in the NHL (where have we heard that before... or should I said WHEN have we heard that before). How does offering another teams RFA's a contact work under the new CBA? Cause I would offer Hossa, havlat and/or spezza contracts if i was another NHL team. Some teams are under the cap enough to offer those guys something that ottawa might not be able to match because of the cap now. i would love to be a GM right now, it would be so much fun wheeling and dealing!!!

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent
    I cancelled my season tickets the day the season was cancelled and got a full refund. I won't be renewing and it will be a long time before I shell out for a game.
    I didn't even pick up playoff tickets for the last playoffs. I cancelled and bought a golf membership. I'm enjoying that much more!
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    I didn't even pick up playoff tickets for the last playoffs. I cancelled and bought a golf membership. I'm enjoying that much more!

I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Birdie g8r is on a distinguished road
    Heard one of the funniest things this morning on Sportsnet...announcers talking about the Canadian teams caps, who's signed, whats left in their cap (basically all the stuff thotho just wrote)...and they get onto the Leafs...one of the announcers, can't remember who, says, if you were Ferguson would you try to sign one of the many players wanting to come to Toronto because they have a shot at the Cup this year...I almost spit out my coffee laughing...have these guys had their head in the sand for the last 37 years? I mean, come on...the deal isn't even signed and Sportsnet is already talking about the Leafs Cup run...

They were letting people text message on Sportsnet and someone sent the message "It is hard to believe a team with an average age of 61 has a chance at the Cup" or something like that.

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    Ferguson is a maketing guru in the making... how else could you give leafs fans somesort of hope and sell more tickets.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Apart from the folly of paying someone millions for playing hockey, there was little wrong with the game itself and its rules. However, the game would improve immensely with one small change. Enforce the existing rules from the beginning to the end of every game and from the first game of the season to the 7th game of the Stanely Cup final. Dreamer!!!

"Richard"
    So this is a hard cap... does that mean they can't go over at all or that if they do there is a tax? Cause there is a hard cap in the NBA but the knikc still have a $100m payroll

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST
    Enforce the existing rules from the beginning to the end of every game and from the first game of the season to the 7th game of the Stanely Cup final. Dreamer!!!
    Yeah I hate all that bull, "in the regular season that would have been called..".

Also, "The Sens got a lot of powerplays in the first two periods so these are just make up calls".

Just call the game by the rules please!!

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Ottawa's got plenty of guys to sign, but in reality, this cost adjustment couldn't have come at a better time. We'll be more screwed by the UFA age being lowered over the next few years as guys like Havlat and Hossa and Redden will be hitting the target age at 29 and 28... Chara will be the biggest issue, as he and Redden will hit the age next offseason.

As for people "teaching a lesson" to the NHL and its players: You're free to to as you please with your money, but if you want hockey, it's more important to support and strengthen the new NHL. There is a lot of good young talent out there that will replace dinks like Roenick.

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I've locked myself out for a year. I will watch on TV, but they won't get any of my $ for tickets, etc. until the following season.

Thread Information