CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by em69 View Post
    Really?
    I don’t consider either a top 100 course. Of the two Camelot is the better course. We’ve picked up 5 Eagle Creek members in the last year and at least 5 from Camelot the year before.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Ottawa Hunt rounds out the local contingent moving up five places to number 42 in the scoregolf top 100 rankings. The south west course configuration is the basis for the rankings, however with the changes to the north nine reaching completion this month I’d move the north to the top of my list.

5 Wood Grabster is on a distinguished road
    Loch March - Friday July 10th.
    Early start. Very hot.
    Course is in great shape.
    Greens are perfect, and finally fast.
    Fairways are great.

Only complaint, #16 pin on top tier of green and just at the downslope. Crazy hard position. Felt like mini putt trying to get to the hole.

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by junkhouse View Post
    Played Brockville Country Club today for the first time. 4 hours on the dot and one of the most pleasurable golf experiences ever. From arrival to departure staff and members were exceptional! Course is in great condition, greens were rolling perfect and consistent from practice green thru 18. Very much worth the drive from Ottawa. Note holes 11 and 12 are calf burners, found #12 par 3 at 219 yards into the wind one of the toughest in the valley. Definitely will return, thank you for a GREAT DAY!
    I played BCC Wednesday with a member and they said that they are looking at making #11 a Par 3, eliminating the "interesting / wacky" super-elevated green by putting a green at the bottom of the hill. That wouldn't ease up on the calf-burning as you still have to make up the hill to get to the 12th tee box. It was really hot, but what a great course. Will have to go back when it's cooler.
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar

Nation

Wow!!!
    I thought all the courses in Ottawa are scorched.

Nation is lush, lush from fairways to green. Too green to be true. They must have watered like crazy

Worth the drive

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Played Upper Canada today. Course is in absolutely perfect condition. Very green, fast greens and full fairways. Worth the drive if you can score a tee time.

Putter golfguy4867 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post
    Played Upper Canada today. Course is in absolutely perfect condition. Very green, fast greens and full fairways. Worth the drive if you can score a tee time.
    Played there last week and agree with the above post. Course wasn't very busy and 4 of us in carts tooled around in less than 3 and 1/2 hours.

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Iroquois and Cloverdale Links

Had a nice day trip Friday. Played Iroquois...what a nice little friendly course that is along the St. Lawrence. Fairways were firm fast and dry but greens were great and very true. At $16 a round it is ridiculously hard to beat.
    On the way home stopped at Cloverdale for another round. Again, Fairways were dry and fast but the greens were actually excellent. It was Open style golf running shots up to greens...lots of fun. Also, at 2.10pm we had Cloverdale to ourselves (it was very very hot).

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Rockland is green and lush. Hard to believe considering how dry it’s been.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Rockland is green and lush. Hard to believe considering how dry it’s been.
    They got hit with a massive rainfall last Friday afternoon. we played about 20 min after the storm and the course was inundated with water. They said they were going to close but they had too many tee times so decided to stay open. East course was walking only because of the rain.

Need a Caddy slash is on a distinguished road
    Watering the course is not an issue at rockland. Pumping from the Ottawa river.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    They got hit with a massive rainfall last Friday afternoon. we played about 20 min after the storm and the course was inundated with water. They said they were going to close but they had too many tee times so decided to stay open. East course was walking only because of the rain.
    ya, figured they must have. There were still some wet spots and even the rough was thick and green which you wouldn't usually see from just watering. Greens were in great shape (other than W9 which was a bit spotty)
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Need a Caddy slash is on a distinguished road
    They always have issue on #9 west. Too many trees keeping the sun from getting through. They are suppose to cut a few to let the sun through.

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    they were going to close?.. were they offering rain checks at least?

I would imagine that they would have if they had closed the course. It was actually ok other than a few mud balls and of course not getting the extra 50 yrds of roll that we were getting at other courses.

Bogie ladygolfer13 is on a distinguished road ladygolfer13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobble_It View Post
    Wow!!!
    I thought all the courses in Ottawa are scorched.

Nation is lush, lush from fairways to green. Too green to be true. They must have watered like crazy

Worth the drive
    I agree completely, beautiful course in great condition right now

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    looking for an update on course conditions at the Marshes , have the greens recovered from earlier in the year?

4 Iron SecondChance is on a distinguished road
    How is Pineview ?

5 Wood Pine View is on a distinguished road Pine View's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondChance View Post
    How is Pineview ?
    Our greens are in great shape. Tee boxes are showing signs of wear from increased traffic. Fairways are recovering from the heat wave. The grounds crew are working very hard every day to continue the improvements we have started. The driving range will be open in a few weeks once the "tee line" mat has been installed. New tee decks are being built on several holes to create more options for golfers.
    This is not the Pine View you remember from years gone by. Come back and see what we have done and what we have in store for the future - www.pineview.com

4 Iron SecondChance is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Pine View View Post
    Our greens are in great shape. Tee boxes are showing signs of wear from increased traffic. Fairways are recovering from the heat wave. The grounds crew are working very hard every day to continue the improvements we have started. The driving range will be open in a few weeks once the "tee line" mat has been installed. New tee decks are being built on several holes to create more options for golfers.

Thank you for the info.

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pine View View Post
    even though I have not golfed Pineview since the old days I must give kudos for Pine actually to inform us on this forum,its very helpful.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Played Meadows South/East last night , greens recovering nicely from being recently punched .They were a bit bumpy but I would imagine in a day or 2 they'll be just fine , the course is in good shape , a few fairways still have some bare patches from winter kill, but overall decent
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

3 Wood Sab is on a distinguished road Sab's Avatar
    Played Manderley yesterday, I like the course but it is in poor condition right now. Tees are bad, fairways are very burnt and dry, rough is the same. Greens are in good shape thankfully. Had a nice day but they need water soon.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Played Smiths Falls on Saturday and the fairways were the victim of the dry weather like many courses, most holes had 50-60% yellow grass but the tee boxes were good and the greens were very nice, rolled well and very quick.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    WOW WOW WOW Played Nations today---the place was packed--8 minute t-times and we played in 4 hrs 10 minutes. Very well organized and the conditions were fantastic. 57.00 with cart in the am One little dead spot on one green---that's it--nothing more to be said except we are returning
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar
    Whatever happened to Poplar Grove/ Champions Nest ? This course still shows up on Ottawagolf but no website.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Gofish2 View Post
    Whatever happened to Poplar Grove/ Champions Nest ? This course still shows up on Ottawagolf but no website.
    It is no longer a golf course. I believe it has been returned to farmland, with the parking lot used for truck storage.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    WOW WOW WOW Played Nations today---the place was packed--8 minute t-times and we played in 4 hrs 10 minutes. Very well organized and the conditions were fantastic. 57.00 with cart in the am One little dead spot on one green---that's it--nothing more to be said except we are returning
    It's for sale https://www.facebook.com/remaxmmdgro...11013652567517
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    I hate to dump on a course , they are trying hard and the people are great but Manderley might be the worst conditioned course I have played in the past 10 years. Greens are decent but many fairways have no green grass at all and the tee boxes have suffered as well.
    The term I would use is 'scruffy' .

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Greensmere Legacy
    Tee boxes not good.
    Fairways and greens were very good.

First time playing it...and I won't go back. Walking that course is extremely difficult. It is mind boggling when someone has soooo much land to design 2 course, and there is such a long walk between holes. Even some of the elevation changes were horrific. It makes no sense.

Thread Information