CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Hybrid TLB is on a distinguished road
    Canadian: about 6 days ago. Very good condition - the best I've seen so far this year (four courses). It was very busy though ... took 4:35 for our foursome.

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Very good 10 days ago....GO!

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    SMITHS FALLS today (June 12) was the BEST we have seen this year. Well organized pro-shop. All tee-boxes, fairways & greens in marvelous conditions! Busy cart girls with Cold ones, BBQ waiting at the putting green. Seniors walking were easily under 4 hours and it was busy!

All-in-all just what I retired for.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Nation Golf Club

Conditions are great...all around.

Pace of play....terrible. Be prepared for a 6 hour round. They only have 8min tee times. 3 groups on every hole.

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Gatineau greens were excellent yesterday. BUT the 15th, my favourite hole, had a temporary green for some reason well short of the real green. No mention in pro shop and no idea why they were taking up the original green.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Played Le Diable and La Belle at Tremblant. Both are in terrible shape, especially the greens. Diable is the worst condition I have ever seen a Tremblant course and they still are charging full pop though they do provide a 50% off coupon for the next round.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I second Mapleview, found the greens a little slow even though they were freshly cut.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Played Le Diable and La Belle at Tremblant. Both are in terrible shape, especially the greens. Diable is the worst condition I have ever seen a Tremblant course and they still are charging full pop though they do provide a 50% off coupon for the next round.
    I heard le Bete and la belle are up for sale

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    My neighbor played Le Diablo yesterday and had the same comments. Awful conditions and sandy greens.

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goochy View Post
    Gatineau greens were excellent yesterday. BUT the 15th, my favourite hole, had a temporary green for some reason well short of the real green. No mention in pro shop and no idea why they were taking up the original green.
    Yes behind those trees at back of 15 green is a new school under construction and they will be taking that green I assume for school property,very sad at how the 13 14 and 15 will be gone eventually for Richcraft to build more homes

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Oaks of Cobden is getting back into great shape , a few greens still have some issues but in general , the course is very nice, but they have increased their prices
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Played Brockville Country Club today....Course is iimmaculate.. Greens are very fast and in excellersent shape. Well worth the trip. Also played with a member and he mentioned that Brockville highlands course shut down completely.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    I think we are probably just seeing the tip of the iceberg----Equinelle was superb. After 1400.00 worth of Hyalvronic Acid hip injections I got my first game in---will see how long it lasts Drove by Pineview--parking lot packed.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goochy View Post
    I heard le Bete and la belle are up for sale
    La Belle is. Talk of turning one 9 into condos and keeping the other. La Bete is not as far as I was told.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    La Bete is a wonderful course....it would be a shame to turn it into a condo farm.

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post
    Played Pakenham for the first time in about 5 years today. Wow....what an improvement. Stopped playing there because of the deteriorating conditions in the past few years but I have to say it again..WOW...greens were in great shape except for the odd bump here and there. Fairways were in very good shape as were the tee areas. I wasn't expecting much before the round but I was very impressed with the conditions (Canyon-Island). Kudos to management and greens staff. will definitely be back again.
    Played Pakenham Canyon / Island today. Greens were in good shape. Fairways not too bad, but the tee boxes could really use some love. Overall a big improvement over the past 2 years. And with ideal weather, a great day to be on the course.
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

Sand Wedge Sudden_Death is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by eez View Post
    Played Pakenham Canyon / Island today. Greens were in good shape. Fairways not too bad, but the tee boxes could really use some love. Overall a big improvement over the past 2 years. And with ideal weather, a great day to be on the course.
    I played Lake this evening and I agree. Aside from some of the tee boxes it's in wonderful condition.

Pitching Wedge pwoods72 is on a distinguished road
    Thinking of a quick road trip in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone has played or has heard about conditions at Montebello or Smugglers Glen.

2 Iron scrollerpete is on a distinguished road
    I heard that Smuggler is not in good shape, a few guys went last week and they said, it was the worse they ever seen the course.
    scrollerpete

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by scrollerpete View Post
    I heard that Smuggler is not in good shape, a few guys went last week and they said, it was the worse they ever seen the course.
    Heard the same. Mind you when it comes to conditions it’s so dependent on the reviewer and his or her barometer. I have played courses that others refer to as mint and I wouldn’t rate them better then 5 out of 10. So maybe I would think Smugglers was in great shape while others who are used to playing high end properties might think it was a dog track.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    WOW----that's a shame. I did not take out a discount membership this year for several reasons and resigned myself to paying full price IF THE COURSE WARRENTED IT. Was looking forward to playing it at full pop--but conditions will determine where we play. All courses seem to be booked solid even with higher green fees---lets hope conditions will improve. AND RIGHT NOW WE CAN USE SOME RAIN
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    Heard the same. Mind you when it comes to conditions it’s so dependent on the reviewer and his or her barometer. I have played courses that others refer to as mint and I wouldn’t rate them better then 5 out of 10. So maybe I would think Smugglers was in great shape while others who are used to playing high end properties might think it was a dog track.
    I played it June 5th and it was in great shape. Fairways were green with very little (I didn't notice any) winter kill and the greens were rolling true and at a decent speed. They seemed to have a lot of dollar spot fungus on the greens, but it wasn't affecting how the greens played at all. I am a member at Rivermead, which is in excellent shape, and I would happily pay full pop at Smuggler's Glen again.

Pitching Wedge pwoods72 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks very much for the feedback and based on the response, I suppose I should rank what I personally value the most in a course:

1. Greens - don't necessarily have to be fast but consistent and a true roll (no dribbling down the court)
    2. Tee boxes - flat and the markers moved if areas are too worn
    3. Rough - I don't mind it grown but just consistent cuts
    4. Fairways - I expect weather to dictate conditions and often will play "bumps allowed" in your own fairway so the conditions are minimized

Looking to possibly play montebello soon,girlfriends birthday so she wants to play there..anyone with a conditions report?

7 Wood Hjiang is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    Looking to possibly play montebello soon,girlfriends birthday so she wants to play there..anyone with a conditions report?
    Played on Wednesday fairway was a great condition some holes green just need recover a little bit but runs ture and fast, overall the course is in an excellent shape, enjoyed my round. And they have an promotion going on $45 with cart, i believe it ends on the 21st.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjiang View Post
    Played on Wednesday fairway was a great condition some holes green just need recover a little bit but runs ture and fast, overall the course is in an excellent shape, enjoyed my round. And they have an promotion going on $45 with cart, i believe it ends on the 21st.
    Great thanks for that

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    I played it June 5th and it was in great shape. Fairways were green with very little (I didn't notice any) winter kill and the greens were rolling true and at a decent speed. They seemed to have a lot of dollar spot fungus on the greens, but it wasn't affecting how the greens played at all. I am a member at Rivermead, which is in excellent shape, and I would happily pay full pop at Smuggler's Glen again.
    Rivermead and Smugglers are both in the same boat; not as good as they have been in the past. Both are low side of the higher end category in this region.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    Rivermead and Smugglers are both in the same boat; not as good as they have been in the past. Both are low side of the higher end category in this region.
    Your standards must be pretty high. Played Smugglers two weeks ago and the course was fantastic. Perfect.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Sand Wedge KaBoom is on a distinguished road KaBoom's Avatar
    Yes I just came back and greens are best I have seen. I had called based on the reports and the guy in pro shop was weird season for Poa and they started flowering and following the sun. They used some spray and they were rolling fast and challenging. Worth it. Really no issue getting around in less than 4 with first twilight

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KaBoom View Post
    Yes I just came back and greens are best I have seen. I had called based on the reports and the guy in pro shop was weird season for Poa and they started flowering and following the sun. They used some spray and they were rolling fast and challenging. Worth it. Really no issue getting around in less than 4 with first twilight
    Which course are you talking about Kaboom?
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Thread Information