+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
    I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabster View Post
    Anderson Links.

South, fairways are more dirt than fairway, greens looked terrible but actually rolled ok with decent speed.
    East, fairways very bad, dead patches, greens punched and very bad for putting.

My first visit there in 4+ years. Shocked at the decline.
    Perfect timing...tks. I am cancelling my tee time for tomorrow.
    Last edited by em69; 06-07-2020 at 10:47 AM.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Stonebridge June 6th
    Excellent...all around.
    Greens rolling really nice.
    Fairways were awesome.
    Marshalls are awesome.

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Has anyone been to Dragonfly recently ?? Someone said Renfrew GC had substantial winter kill on their greens so I'm wondering how Dragonfly fared.
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eez View Post
    Has anyone been to Dragonfly recently ?? Someone said Renfrew GC had substantial winter kill on their greens so I'm wondering how Dragonfly fared.
    dfly apparently in top shape,playing there tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    dfly apparently in top shape,playing there tomorrow
    Awesome. Please let us know how it goes.

Awesome. Please let us know how it goes.
    Will post tomorrow evening

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Champlain Sunday June 7

Surprisingly dry even after the rainfall record we had on Friday. I was expecting mud on the 1st hole but it was completely dry. Fairways are very good condition and cut nicely. Greens were slow due to the soak on Friday but they were rolling well. Except for 10th (that trouble front spots) and two other holes with some areas of thin grass, there is no significant winter kill on the greens. Kudos to the staff.

Bernie is out at the 11th with the plexi glass around him/his stand.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobble_It View Post
    Champlain Sunday June 7

Surprisingly dry even after the rainfall record we had on Friday. I was expecting mud on the 1st hole but it was completely dry. Fairways are very good condition and cut nicely. Greens were slow due to the soak on Friday but they were rolling well. Except for 10th (that trouble front spots) and two other holes with some areas of thin grass, there is no significant winter kill on the greens. Kudos to the staff.

Bernie is out at the 11th with the plexi glass around him/his stand.
    Best hot dogs in the valley !!! LOL. Good to hear conditions are good.

Dfly today..check in was smooth,everything was well organized.Fairways perfectly manicured and lush,greens in fine shape except for #9and #15 a little bumpy,greens on the slow side but really loved the day..8/10

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Funny, we played today Mountain Creek (June 8th) and were Very discouraged with everything. Greens mostly had very patchy burnt greens, Tee-boxes need a major-do-over, many fairway areas roped-off but nobody working on them, no beverage cart, no washroom access, pro shop & clubhouse shut-up tight. We went to the front door saw a table with a bunch of names with nobody around (11.30) & went ahead and teed off. BUT we'll be back

I would go elsewhere..sounds like they don't care

Dfly today..check in was smooth,everything was well organized.Fairways perfectly manicured and lush,greens in fine shape except for #9and #15 a little bumpy,greens on the slow side but really loved the day..8/10
    #9 always seems to be a bit below the quality of the others ..... as it's swampy. #15 is the par 5 with the GIANT green .... right ?? Odd that it was in rough shape.

Thanks for the update. Will have to give it a go in the next week or two.

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Re: Mountain Creek
    Oh, they care! This a mom&pop business who work very hard and got slammed by the virus. The plan was to install an irrigation system, an investment to bring the course to the next level.Work began last fall and was to continue this spring. I don’t know what the plan is now but I was there on Sunday and I found the greens to be in pretty good shape. Yes the tee boxes are in rough shape and there is work happening on the irrigation system.

This is a classic scenario of a local small business that could use some support

Good luck Jonathon

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Jonathon took over the course several years ago and has steadily worked to improve it. It is privately owned and yes this virus has probably hit him pretty hard. He can use all the support he can get. The course has seen many improvements and hopefully he will get through.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

woops my bad,I meant to say green 14 was a tad rough..and 9 fairway was actually dry with a bit of brown patches off the left side,does not really come into play

#9 always seems to be a bit below the quality of the others ..... as it's swampy. #15 is the par 5 with the GIANT green .... right ?? Odd that it was in rough shape.

Thanks for the update. Will have to give it a go in the next week or two.
    woops my bad I meant to say #14 not 15..and 9 fairway was actually dry with a bit of brown patches off the left side does not really come into play

Dragonfly

and 9 fairway was actually dry with a bit of brown patches off the left side does not really come into play
    Now I know you didn't actually play Dragonfly ......... I've never seen #9 dry except at the end of the drought a couple of years back ...... and the left side ALWAYS comes in to play for me LOL

Now I know you didn't actually play Dragonfly ......... I've never seen #9 dry except at the end of the drought a couple of years back ...... and the left side ALWAYS comes in to play for me LOL
    .and the sprinklers were on #9..that's a first⛳😁

So any good news for whitetail and renfrew,supposedly they both were off to a bad start with some greens.cheers

Sand Wedge Sudden_Death is on a distinguished road
    Has anyone been to Chateau Cartier recently? Scored a deal and was wondering what sort of shape it's in?

If you got a deal---the deal is probably what it is worth Yep, getting pretty pessimistic with what is happening And I am not even playing anymore

Sand Wedge Sudden_Death is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    If you got a deal---the deal is probably what it is worth Yep, getting pretty pessimistic with what is happening And I am not even playing anymore
    Not the most encouraging reply lol. Is it mostly the condo work that's going on?

I hear you. I have been following the forum and unfortunately there are not a lot of good reports out there. I had been hoping that even though it was a slow start to the season the courses would have been in better shape. All the stories of "we are at work and getting ready" were much exaggerated. The only courses that I know for sure that was up to par was Equinelle and Casselview. Probably the Canadian as well. Everyone is trying to recover money that apparently was lost with an opening that was 2 weeks late----I don't see it----every course I drive by is packed---including Bear Brook. You might give Pakenham a try----there was an earlier report that it was worth the play. The report on this forum have been pretty indicative of conditions over the 16 years I have been on the forum.

3 Wood ex-mailman is on a distinguished road
    Surprised that you can not have 2 per cart. The WHO sated three days ago that the COVID is very difficult if not impossible to be transmitted by asymptomatic people. As long as they are not coughing or sneezing very difficult to tranmsit. And the US CDC has determined that it is nearly impossible to transmit by contact with objects only transmits thru direct contact with infected person. Once the germs are dry they are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudden_Death View Post
    Has anyone been to Chateau Cartier recently? Scored a deal and was wondering what sort of shape it's in?
    Played it twice..in very nice shape,only downside are greens 5 and 6.Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    I hear you. I have been following the forum and unfortunately there are not a lot of good reports out there. I had been hoping that even though it was a slow start to the season the courses would have been in better shape. All the stories of "we are at work and getting ready" were much exaggerated. The only courses that I know for sure that was up to par was Equinelle and Casselview. Probably the Canadian as well. Everyone is trying to recover money that apparently was lost with an opening that was 2 weeks late----I don't see it----every course I drive by is packed---including Bear Brook. You might give Pakenham a try----there was an earlier report that it was worth the play. The report on this forum have been pretty indicative of conditions over the 16 years I have been on the forum.
    Here are the courses I've been to this year and my opinion of their conditions.
    Sand Point - same as previous years, fairways are ok, greens are good. They've been clearing some of the trees to make it friendlier.
    Perth - Greens are slow, but the course is in good shape all around.
    Mississippi - it was the day after opening and the greens were still recovering from being punched. Otherwise, decent shape. I'd bet the greens are rounding into form now.
    Prescott - good condition all around, as always. Damn greens are fast and tricky and give me a lesson in golf every time .. but I love it.
    Loch March - very good condition. Greens were speeding up, but still slower than usual.
    Smiths Falls - played it the first week open. Ok condition, but some holes were still soggy. Probably better now.
    eQuinelle - Good condition as always.

8 Iron cpal is on a distinguished road
    Mapleview also in great shape.

Im a fixture here Leftymoose is on a distinguished road Leftymoose's Avatar
    So any good news for whitetail and renfrew,supposedly they both were off to a bad start with some greens.cheers
    Played renfrew today...every green has suffered winter kill...I'll be surprised it they recover at all this season. They were as bad as any greens I've ever played on, the rest of the course if fine, but greens are awful
    I like to call it a power fade

Quote Originally Posted by ex-mailman View Post
    Surprised that you can not have 2 per cart. The WHO sated three days ago that the COVID is very difficult if not impossible to be transmitted by asymptomatic people. As long as they are not coughing or sneezing very difficult to tranmsit. And the US CDC has determined that it is nearly impossible to transmit by contact with objects only transmits thru direct contact with infected person. Once the germs are dry they are dead.
    WHO backtracked the day afterwards.

As for surface transmission, I believe the words they use is more along the lines of "not the primary source of transmission".

2 per cart with the primary transmission method being droplets spread via talking, sneezing or coughing seems to me to be a bad idea. Just my $0.02.

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Anyone play the Canadian recently?

Thread Information