CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Meadows in good condition...the only thing I will mention is they have 2 green fees, Twilight rate and Weekend rate (No weekday, Senior rate...etc...) just so people are aware...

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    Mont-Cascades, is in very good condition, just the greens on 16 and 17 have yellow spots but rolling well.

The road going in through the water slides was all paved right up to the course, really nice.

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kak View Post
    Mont-Cascades, is in very good condition, just the greens on 16 and 17 have yellow spots but rolling well.

The road going in through the water slides was all paved right up to the course, really nice.
    Was Cascades busy..

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar

Wow, that was long overdue. Good to hear.

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Played Prescott yesterday and it was very good as always. Greens in good shape, not as crazy fast as they usually are, but fast and tricky as always. Fairways dry enough that the ball was running much more than other courses I've played.
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

Pitching Wedge pwoods72 is on a distinguished road

Lots of roll on the fairways and some green aprons getting brown. Greens are really nice, still a bit slow but getting faster and they are all pretty consistent with the exception of 16 and 17 of course.

Well organized check-in. Hang out in the parking lot until greeter allows you to check in at pro shop. One cart per person unless you live in the same household which improves pace of play since the tee times are pretty full.

Heard that some people are complaining about inconveniences (smh) and some not adhering to distancing rules. Really don't understand it and this is the type of behaviour that will cause courses to be closed or fined.

Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    Was Cascades busy..
    average, went well timewise, 4 hour round

average, went well timewise, 4 hour round
    Forgot to ask,did they have partitions in the carts..thx

Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    Forgot to ask,did they have partitions in the carts..thx
    Not yet, they ordered them. In the meantime 1 per cart

6 Iron Keeler is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by em69 View Post
    Stonebridge today.
    Fairways punched.
    Greens running slow with patchy areas.
    Pool noodles in the cup.

For some reason, they did not place the tee markers on the tee boxes for the par 4s and par 5s.

Not worth a full price green fee. But happy to be playing and we had a great day.
    Played it last night, thought it was awesome. Couldn't believe how lush and thick the rough was.

Not yet, they ordered them. In the meantime 1 per cart
    Thanks Kak

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeler View Post
    Played it last night, thought it was awesome. Couldn't believe how lush and thick the rough was.
    Good to hear. We are planning to go back next weekend.

Sand Wedge Sudden_Death is on a distinguished road
    Played at Whitetail Tuesday. Check in was very organized. Shared carts only for those in the same household. Course wasn't in it's usual immaculate condition. I have a feeling they only stated working on it once the official go ahead was given. More winter kill visible than usual. Temporary green on 3 and they were doing some sod work on I think it was 5 so we were asked to lay up in front of the green and add 2 strokes. A bit of time and it should be back to normal.

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    first rounds of the year this week...doesn't it feel great to be doing something nearly normal

Loch March was friendly as always. Well organized, (I walked but looked like single use of carts). Course was in very good condition but greens were slow. They were very true and evenly covered though and I'm sure they will be faster this week once they are double cut.

The Marshes... was a fun round but the greens were not good. Patchy, grainy, uneven and slow. Putting was a bit of a lottery. Single use Carts.

Gatineau yesterday....great shape all round. no complaints whatsoever and at $25 +tax for afternoon round it was also great value. I walked but carts looked like they had some sort of plastic divider.

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goochy View Post
    first rounds of the year this week...doesn't it feel great to be doing something nearly normal

Loch March was friendly as always. Well organized, (I walked but looked like single use of carts). Course was in very good condition but greens were slow. They were very true and evenly covered though and I'm sure they will be faster this week once they are double cut.
    How were the bugs at Loch March ??
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by eez View Post
    How were the bugs at Loch March ??
    I played in the afternoon, and surprisingly they weren't too bad.

Hybrid TLB is on a distinguished road
    Golfed Metcalfe this afternoon. Very well organized everywhere. All the staff knew exactly what they and the golfers should do. Sandwiches were delivered on the course. Conditions were good; a bit of winter kill on the fairways and the greens were all in good shape, but a bit slow. But, hey, it's still May. Our foursome cruised through in four hours. Another great Metcalfe experience. Keep up the great work !

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TLB View Post
    Golfed Metcalfe this afternoon. Very well organized everywhere. All the staff knew exactly what they and the golfers should do. Sandwiches were delivered on the course. Conditions were good; a bit of winter kill on the fairways and the greens were all in good shape, but a bit slow. But, hey, it's still May. Our foursome cruised through in four hours. Another great Metcalfe experience. Keep up the great work !
    Always enjoy our round there. Great staff, great members. I agree 100%

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Nation Sunday May 31

Almost mid summer condition. Greens roll very well. Fairways are in very excellent shape and rough is lush Check-in staff is well organized. Even with all the rain Friday and Saturday, the course was dry
    One temp tee off (#3, not sure why). Overall, 30+taxes booked online was a great deal.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goochy View Post
    The Marshes... was a fun round but the greens were not good. Patchy, grainy, uneven and slow. Putting was a bit of a lottery. Single use Carts.
    have to agree....played the marshes today and the greens are not up to Marshes standards. Still bumpy. They really need a good roll and cut. Fairways and tee boxes are in great shape.

Sand Wedge Sudden_Death is on a distinguished road
    Played Mountain Creek yesterday and it was in good shape. Greens were fast and true, very few dead spots. Fairways were nice, one little area under repair on 5 I think. Really enjoyable round. Quick check in and well organized. I walked, didn't see what they had going as far as carts.

5 Wood Grabster is on a distinguished road
    Anderson Links.

South, fairways are more dirt than fairway, greens looked terrible but actually rolled ok with decent speed.
    East, fairways very bad, dead patches, greens punched and very bad for putting.

My first visit there in 4+ years. Shocked at the decline.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabster View Post
    Anderson Links.

South, fairways are more dirt than fairway, greens looked terrible but actually rolled ok with decent speed.
    East, fairways very bad, dead patches, greens punched and very bad for putting.

My first visit there in 4+ years. Shocked at the decline.
    That's too bad. It was in good condition last fall and I played many after work 9s there.

Montebello, greens 7.5 , fairways 8.0, no separators for carts so 1 cart per player. Overall very good, will go back.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Meadows condition has improved a lot in the past couple of weeks. Very green and greens rolling well.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Played Pakenham for the first time in about 5 years today. Wow....what an improvement. Stopped playing there because of the deteriorating conditions in the past few years but I have to say it again..WOW...greens were in great shape except for the odd bump here and there. Fairways were in very good shape as were the tee areas. I wasn't expecting much before the round but I was very impressed with the conditions (Canyon-Island). Kudos to management and greens staff. will definitely be back again.

Buckingham starting aeration on Monday. Its a shame as the greens are wonderful now but it has to be done.

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    played Summerheights , MacLennan , really nice shape , the greens are by far the best I have played on this year.
    Drove by Upper Canada on the way home and from what I saw of 17 & 18 it looks very lush , going to give it a go soon

3 Wood Sab is on a distinguished road Sab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleek View Post
    played Summerheights , MacLennan , really nice shape , the greens are by far the best I have played on this year.
    Drove by Upper Canada on the way home and from what I saw of 17 & 18 it looks very lush , going to give it a go soon
    Played Upper Canada on Thursday, fabulous conditions!

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Banner year-----I did hear from friends that the Royal and Ancient Bearbrook was booked solid
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Thread Information