CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15
    Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Can anyone comment on Smiths Falls conditions this year....havent seen anything on here lately in regards to the condition of the course.

Thanks

3 Wood thematt is on a distinguished road thematt's Avatar
    Anyone play Chateau Cartier lately? If so, is the 5th still as bad as it was back in June?
    While I'd like to play better, I have zero interest in practicing.

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thematt View Post
    Anyone play Chateau Cartier lately? If so, is the 5th still as bad as it was back in June?
    worse actually..just dirt and goose stuff

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobble_It View Post
    T'is the time of the year. Canadian is aerated also according to the booking site.

Played this morning, only 1st and 3rd greens have sand but the ball is rolling fine. The rest of the holes are in good shape.

Played Loch March today. Fairways and tee boxes were in very good shape, but I have to say that the greens are not in the shape that one would expect from Loch March over the last few years. Green #6 and Green #15 are particularly in very bad shape. Does anyone know what the issue is with these greens? I know that they punched and sanded their greens in the last couple of weeks or so, but that was not the issue. It just seems to me that the quality of their greens have not been up to the standard that Loch March was known for and you could have counted on when playing there. This is just my observation and opinion as I have played hundreds of rounds there since they first opened years ago.
    Update...Played Loch March today and the damaged green surfaces on 6 and 15 have been totally resodded. They have done a great job in repairing this damage and once it has a chance to blend in with the existing sod it will look fantastic. Well done.

Course was in great shape albeit a bit soft.

Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    worse actually..just dirt and goose stuff
    That's unfortunate. Guess I know where to avoid.

Lob Wedge 613golfer is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post
    Update...Played Loch March today and the damaged green surfaces on 6 and 15 have been totally resodded. They have done a great job in repairing this damage and once it has a chance to blend in with the existing sod it will look fantastic. Well done.

Course was in great shape albeit a bit soft.
    I played Loch March yesterday - greens and overall conditions were excellent. I didn't notice the softness so I guess lack of rain has improved conditions and greens were extremely fast.

Played Smiths Falls today for the first time in about 20 years.....The course was in great shape. Greens were excellent..fast and true. probably one of the few courses where ball marks were almost non existent. Very impressed. This course is now on the rota.

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road
    Played Nation yesterday and the course is in great shape. Just have a question for people who have played this course. On hole number 16 what do you guys do for putting because depending on pin placement if the ball does not go in the hole it keeps rolling back to the front of the green.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouboude View Post
    Played Nation yesterday and the course is in great shape. Just have a question for people who have played this course. On hole number 16 what do you guys do for putting because depending on pin placement if the ball does not go in the hole it keeps rolling back to the front of the green.

Obviously stay below the hole but you have the hazard and bunker to deal with.
    Beautiful hole. Take par if you can and walk to watch the guys struggle on the 10th which is another disaster in waiting.

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road
    Gobble I should have explained it better. Both of us had balls below the hole but when the putt did not go in the ball just kept rolling back to us. In theory you could be putting for a long time. I would of stayed to see how many putts before it went in but fellow competitor had enough and gave me a 20 footer and was mumbling something about mini-putt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouboude View Post
    Gobble I should have explained it better. Both of us had balls below the hole but when the putt did not go in the ball just kept rolling back to us. In theory you could be putting for a long time. I would of stayed to see how many putts before it went in but fellow competitor had enough and gave me a 20 footer and was mumbling something about mini-putt.

Ok. Thanks God the green is not extremely fast there and it is just severely sloped. I have had a few from the top and was able to lag it 3/4 of the way down. For sloppy green, I deaden the putts by putting with the toe of the putter.

For uphill putts with severe slope, a little side spin would stop the putt at the around the holes. You want to make sure hit it with enough pace to get to or even past the imaginary line extended out horizontally from the hole . Most people are short on uphill putt. For my practice strokes I would do it 2-3 feet below the ball marker to get the feel that I need extra pace.

Yeah you could spend a long time there. Usually we play Stabbleford so it is a "double, double, good-good" and move on to the next one.

3 Wood 3putt is on a distinguished road 3putt's Avatar
    I played Nation yesterday and 16 was mini-putt...no other word to describe it. I was 15 feet below the hole, hit a good putt that came up approx. 6 inches shorth. The ball rolled back 20 feet... My group had a pretty good laugh until they had to putt. We decided to play 2 putt rule.

I play Nation 7-8 times a year and I have never seen that green play that fast. The green was so bad that it created a backlog at 16 because everybody was 3,4-5... putting. When we got to 16, 2 groups were waiting and we got to watch the carnage.

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 3putt View Post
    I played Nation yesterday and 16 was mini-putt...no other word to describe it. I was 15 feet below the hole, hit a good putt that came up approx. 6 inches shorth. The ball rolled back 20 feet... My group had a pretty good laugh until they had to putt. We decided to play 2 putt rule.
    As any good mini-putt player would know, if you putt 6 inches past the hole you get 2 chances to sink it!

7 Iron cvenne is on a distinguished road

Oaks of Cobden Greens Condition???

any update on the greens in Cobden? Was there in July and they were not great... How are they now?

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Re : Cobden , marginally better overall, the rest of the course in in decent shape

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    If you hit the green and stay---give yourself a par and continue on
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Played Cascades this morning. $40 + cart is a pretty solid deal for a course that nice. Greens are extremely fast right now and overall in great shape. Can't recommend enough.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Do you mean $40 inc cart?
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Do you mean $40 inc cart?
    No, $40 to walk, plus the cart.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Don't see that as deal but that is my opinion
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Don't see that as deal but that is my opinion
    I am with Golf Xtra and for me its 42 with cart tax in

Putter mal101 is on a distinguished road
    Renfrew(24/09), Hawkesbury(13/09), Perth (09/09), Prescott(20/09) were all in excellent condition.

Anyone played Pakenham this year? Planning a fall golf outing there this year. Haven't been there for 5 years.

Pakenham is in good shape this year. I hadn't played the course in years because of the declining conditions, but they have done an amazing job getting the course back in great shape. The greens are absolutely fantastic. I don't know if they punched them or not in the last few weeks but if they didn't then you will love the greens. Fast and true.

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Pakenham is in good shape this year. I hadn't played the course in years because of the declining conditions, but they have done an amazing job getting the course back in great shape. The greens are absolutely fantastic. I don't know if they punched them or not in the last few weeks but if they didn't then you will love the greens. Fast and true.
    I second this report. Played it once last year ..... and that was once too often. Have played it many times this year because the greens are in good shape, and the rest of the course is acceptable. The water traps are in perfect condition
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

Lob Wedge campbellgolf is on a distinguished road
    Trying to find a last minute morning tee time for tomorrow, not much available. Is Stittsville even worth playing?

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by campbellgolf View Post
    Trying to find a last minute morning tee time for tomorrow, not much available. Is Stittsville even worth playing?
    That is subjective. IMO...."No".

Quote Originally Posted by eez View Post
    I second this report. Played it once last year ..... and that was once too often. Have played it many times this year because the greens are in good shape, and the rest of the course is acceptable. The water traps are in perfect condition
    Yes I enjoyed Pakenham this year although a few tee boxes need work..

Thanks.

Thread Information