100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Just played Rockland yesterday. It was in very good shape. As usual a bit soft but not mushy. We played West-South and there were a couple of greens on the West that were punched and a couple that had the perimeter of the green punched, but it wasnt too bad. The South greens were not touched and they were in very good shape, except for the unrepaired ball marks on the greens...this seem to be a common occurrence lately at many courses.

Need a Caddy slash is on a distinguished road
    The course is in great condition.

Need a Caddy slash is on a distinguished road
    Except for those 2 greens that were aerated on Tuesday. They were cutting the greens and rolling them this morning. They were even rolling the fringe on 9 east, so any balls short were rolling back in the hazard. Lol

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eez View Post
    Played with a couple of my regulars at Perth today (which is in great shape), and they played Cobden last week and said the course was in good shape, but the greens were reaallly slowwww. Maybe just different standards, but given how much I play with this group, I would play Cobden based on their recommendation.
    Played the Oaks again yesterday, some greens have got better , some have gotten a little worse , by all means the course very playable and fun , but prices are comparable to Whitetail and Dragonfly but conditions are not.
    The Oaks is 5 mins from our campground and we'll still head back regularly , great staff and course , but the other courses are in superior condition
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Kanata Lakes yesterday...wonderful condition all round. I enjoy that course

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goochy View Post
    Kanata Lakes yesterday...wonderful condition all round. I enjoy that course
    any news as to what will happen there

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    No new news that I have heard. Pretty much every house on the course had a sign on their property though saying "respect the 40%" or some such.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar

Heard from a golfing resident that it is about to go to court...long road ahead.

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    Played Hammond Friday for my first time ever. Tee sheet was packed and we managed to complete the round in 4h35. Staff were great and the marshalls I have encountered were wanting to speed up the pace of play and were monitoring the course well. I was disappointed with the quality of the fairways, with numerous areas of dirt/no grass and a lot of weeds. A few greens had dead spots but most of them were in ok shape, albeit on the slow side. Tee boxes seem to have taken a beating but you can manage to find a spot to plant your tee. Price was good, company was excellent, beverages were outstanding, shot a great (untidy) round; just disappointed with the conditions and I'll skip for the remainder of the year and give it a try next year.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    The legal process started in Mid-July ...... https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local...ta-golf-course
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar
    Played Hammond last week and agree about the conditions. Great workout for seniors walking and excellent price. I will return in the fall as the leaves begin to change as I'm sure the views are spectacular.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Thanks for the Rockland replies guys
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Hybrid TLB is on a distinguished road
    Montebello today. Good conditions all-round and once again, a very enjoyable golfing experience.

Quote Originally Posted by TLB View Post
    Montebello today. Good conditions all-round and once again, a very enjoyable golfing experience.
    very tricky greens..tough reads

Pineview...anyone recently play there?

Caddy paulfourputt is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Loch March today. Course is green and lush. Greens had been punched and sanded recently which took away from the experience. Starter was a little too grumpy for my liking. Finished the front in 2:10 walking and waited on every hole and caught a bit of crap for that and I was like WTF?
    You think that’s bad; a couple of weeks ago my foursome was chastised for playing too fast! The group in front complained about us, not for hitting into them which we weren’t but rather, keeping up with them and waiting on every shot. We were told we were making them uncomfortable.

That and the fact that power cart users were made to write out their credit card numbers on a little slip of paper and give it the starter. Not cool.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Some courses just don't get customer experience and service. I personally do not care about people behind me as long as I am keeping pace with the group in front of me. That is a ridiculous request from that course, wow. I am surprised though, usually they are pretty good.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Sand Wedge White Light is on a distinguished road
    Playing too fast? That’s a good one. Never heard that before. If people keep up with the group in front of them they should not worry about the group behind them. If these people cannot stand being followed they sho7ld pick another sport.

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    Played Falcon Ridge this am and the greens were punched and sanded. Greens were terrible and staff didn’t remove the debris from punching

Bogie ladygolfer13 is on a distinguished road ladygolfer13's Avatar
    i also played Oaks last week and agree with you, we played Whitetail the day before and the starter told us we would be pretty disappointed and we were, i love the lay out of the course but just the greens and fairways need to be worked on. The best condition hole i thought was 18. BTW what campground are you at, we are staying at Logo's land on long weekend, only campground we could get.

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    Gatineau yesterday. I haven't played in a couple of yrs, wow what a change really impressed with the conditions.
    Last edited by Kak; 08-27-2020 at 07:59 AM.

Lob Wedge 613golfer is on a distinguished road
    Played a twilight at the Canadian a couple days ago. Conditions were OK except for the greens which were punched and sanded. That wasn't the worst part though.

It was about 20 minutes to sunset and the marshal comes around and orders us off the course. We only had a couple holes left. Tried to take down our names but we refused. I was right pissed and have never been kicked off of a course due to the darkness - you simply stop playing when it gets too dark. I won't be back there ever again with power hungry old men marshals like that. Pathetic.

8 Iron cpal is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 613golfer View Post
    Played a twilight at the Canadian a couple days ago. Conditions were OK except for the greens which were punched and sanded. That wasn't the worst part though.

It was about 20 minutes to sunset and the marshal comes around and orders us off the course. We only had a couple holes left. Tried to take down our names but we refused. I was right pissed and have never been kicked off of a course due to the darkness - you simply stop playing when it gets too dark. I won't be back there ever again with power hungry old men marshals like that. Pathetic.
    Not shocking that this happened at Canadian.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    How is Cedarhill this season ?

Quote Originally Posted by cpal View Post
    Not shocking that this happened at Canadian.
    best customer service around these parts is Dragonfly..imho.and I play all around gatineau area and the valley

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ladygolfer13 View Post
    i also played Oaks last week and agree with you, we played Whitetail the day before and the starter told us we would be pretty disappointed and we were, i love the lay out of the course but just the greens and fairways need to be worked on. The best condition hole i thought was 18. BTW what campground are you at, we are staying at Logo's land on long weekend, only campground we could get.
    We camp at Pinewood park, which is for seasonal campers only at this time
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

3 Wood thematt is on a distinguished road thematt's Avatar
    Played Greensmere Premier on Tuesday. Greens are great as always, very fast. I guess they got a larger dumping of rain than I did on Monday night because there was A LOT of standing water and puddles on the front nine. The back was a bit drier (which is weird because it sits lower). Bunkers were soaked and basically impossible to hit out of.

Played Kingsway last Thursday and it's in pretty good shape overall. Greens, while slow, are at least rolling nice and in very good shape. Fairways are mixed grass and who knows what, but they are green and trimmed so I can't complain too much.
    While I'd like to play better, I have zero interest in practicing.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thematt View Post
    Played Greensmere Premier on Tuesday. Greens are great as always, very fast. I guess they got a larger dumping of rain than I did on Monday night because there was A LOT of standing water and puddles on the front nine. The back was a bit drier (which is weird because it sits lower). Bunkers were soaked and basically impossible to hit out of.

Played Kingsway last Thursday and it's in pretty good shape overall. Greens, while slow, are at least rolling nice and in very good shape. Fairways are mixed grass and who knows what, but they are green and trimmed so I can't complain too much.

I played Legacy couple of days ago and it's the opposite. The back 9s was wet and lots of big divots on the greens/fairway. A few wet spots on the back 9s. The front 9s was great and drier. Greens are rolling very good. Played in a 2-some finished in 3:15mins.

Quote Originally Posted by 613golfer View Post

From the information I heard at my home course, due to Covid, courses have to have all golfers off the property by a certain time of day...before it gets dark. At my home course, during high season (July/August) all golfers had to be off by 8:45pm or else there could be a huge fine.

Quote Originally Posted by em69 View Post
    From the information I heard at my home course, due to Covid, courses have to have all golfers off the property by a certain time of day...before it gets dark. At my home course, during high season (July/August) all golfers had to be off by 8:45pm or else there could be a huge fine.
    I went to Golf Canada website and there is nothing about having to be out before darkness due to covid..

Thread Information