CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Seasoned Veteran donquijote is on a distinguished road donquijote's Avatar
    Played nation yesterday
    5 hours round on carts
    Greens super fast and nice fairways
    Hole number 3 (par 4 with a blind shot down the hill)
    Had the tee boxes closed and they move the tees forward and made it a par 3 downhill
    well organized golf course
    Super busy and slow but very enjoyable

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    played La Cite in Hawkesbury today , course is in decent shape, especially the greens, but the round was brutally long @ 5 hours and 15 minutes. My first inclination was to play Hawkesbury G&C, should have stuck with my first instinct.

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleek View Post
    played La Cite in Hawkesbury today , course is in decent shape, especially the greens, but the round was brutally long @ 5 hours and 15 minutes. My first inclination was to play Hawkesbury G&C, should have stuck with my first instinct.
    Played La cite once..that was enough

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    I'm not sure you would have been much happier at Hawkesbury cleek. I played it for the first time ever yesterday. Course was in good shape and very pretty BUT a brutally slow round...over 5 hours as a two-ball walking. Someone kept leaving cigarette butts on the greens too. Inevitably there was a 4 inch square burnt patch on the 9th green.

Need a Caddy slash is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    Played La cite once..that was enough
    It's a nice little course to play in the week days. Short but very tight course. Not sure what the conditions are this year though.

Quote Originally Posted by goochy View Post
    I'm not sure you would have been much happier at Hawkesbury cleek. I played it for the first time ever yesterday. Course was in good shape and very pretty BUT a brutally slow round...over 5 hours as a two-ball walking. Someone kept leaving cigarette butts on the greens too. Inevitably there was a 4 inch square burnt patch on the 9th green.
    not used to +4.5 hour rounds, oh well

conditions are pretty good, no complaints...there are some nice holes, in particular I like #8 par5.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    My report for the weekend

Montebello in good overall shape, loved the course and would go back again in a second.

Le Diable - better than what it was but still not what it should be. The fact they are charging $150 for a round is appalling

La Belle - good shape and improved over June.

Sorcier - tee boxes are a disaster. Greens decent though need to be cut. The course itself is magnificent and one of my Favourites in the city. It had been 7 years since I played and I forgot how much I liked it
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Yes, you should have...LOL

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    My report for the weekend

Montebello in good overall shape, loved the course and would go back again in a second.

Le Diable - better than what it was but still not what it should be. The fact they are charging $150 for a round is appalling

La Belle - good shape and improved over June.

Sorcier - tee boxes are a disaster. Greens decent though need to be cut. The course itself is magnificent and one of my Favourites in the city. It had been 7 years since I played and I forgot how much I liked it
    They always need to be cut at Sorcier… IMO

$150 for a round is tragic...

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Played Upper Canada today and the course is in really good shape....greens fairways and tee boxes were fantastic.
    My only major complaint is the ignorance of players in not repairing their ball marks on the greens. It was disgusting to see perfect greens with unrepaired marks. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE.

Also played Buckingham on the weekend. Greens were perfect. Some of the Tee Boxes were in bad shape, but I was really impressed with this course. Hadn't played it in years. A lot of really nice looking holes . Will definitely go back.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post
    Played Upper Canada today and the course is in really good shape....greens fairways and tee boxes were fantastic.
    My only major complaint is the ignorance of players in not repairing their ball marks on the greens. It was disgusting to see perfect greens with unrepaired marks. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE.

Also played Buckingham on the weekend. Greens were perfect. Some of the Tee Boxes were in bad shape, but I was really impressed with this course. Hadn't played it in years. A lot of really nice looking holes . Will definitely go back.
    Glad you enjoyed my home course Buckingham Koko" The tee boxes have always been an issue but the rest of the course, especially the greens are wonderful. Aways a 4 hr round every day in the morning
    Last edited by Marcos; 08-10-2020 at 01:32 PM.

Also impressive about Buckingham was the well stocked Pro Shop. There was a great deal of inventory..I didn't have time to browse but I am sure that the prices are very competitive as well.

8 Iron CoolDog1029 is on a distinguished road
    Played Chateau Cartier on Aug. 3 - expectations were low going in and it was somehow worse than I expected, greens were absolutely terrible. The course was packed, but I will not be returning anytime soon.

On the other hand, played Gatineau yesterday and the conditions were great, greens in amazing condition and was able to complete the round in 3hrs and 30 mins. Great day even with a bit of rain to end the round. I'll be back there soon.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post
    Also impressive about Buckingham was the well stocked Pro Shop. There was a great deal of inventory..I didn't have time to browse but I am sure that the prices are very competitive as well.
    Yes.they will match any price and they are actually low on stock this year.Eric the pro has been there over 20 some years and he takes care of business, no issues

Pitching Wedge pwoods72 is on a distinguished road
    Played La Sorcier yesterday and got in 15 holes before hell was unleashed. Wow, what a great course is all I can say. I played a few years ago but was disappointed in the greens. Not this time though; they were smooth and the fairways were good and the rough was plenty full but not too penal.
    They were well organized and the overall service was great.
    Definitely going back.

Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf View Post
    They always need to be cut at Sorcier… IMO

$150 for a round is tragic...
    Luckily 3 of us had free rounds from earlier in the season since conditions were abysmal then and they were still charging $100 a round.

Quote Originally Posted by pwoods72 View Post
    Played La Sorcier yesterday and got in 15 holes before hell was unleashed. Wow, what a great course is all I can say. I played a few years ago but was disappointed in the greens. Not this time though; they were smooth and the fairways were good and the rough was plenty full but not too penal.
    They were well organized and the overall service was great.
    Definitely going back.
    Agreed. It is a fantastic course. Greens were rolling pretty good I thought. The rough was pretty thick with all of the rain we have been having. The service was great, we were early and they slotted us in to a cancellation and all the staff were super friendly and accomodating. Now if they could only work on the tee boxes......

Lob Wedge Le sorcier is on a distinguished road
    Agreed. It is a fantastic course. Greens were rolling pretty good I thought. The rough was pretty thick with all of the rain we have been having. The service was great, we were early and they slotted us in to a cancellation and all the staff were super friendly and accomodating. Now if they could only work on the tee boxes......

Thank you all for the comments about our golf course and we do appreciate any kind of feedback, they make us want to get better!

Just wanted to set the record straight regarding some of the information quoted on this board about our pricing. Some of you have mentioned $150 and $100 for the price of a green fee with cart but the fact of the matter is that the right amount is 76$ with all taxes included from Fridays to Sundays before 1:00 PM.

We feel that overall, the conditions of the course are very good, but we are aware of the situation regarding some of our tees. Work will begin soon to make things better, so thank you for your understanding in this matter and let us enjoy the rest of this beautiful summer in these difficult times!

Sincerely,

Guy Beaulieu
    General manager
    Le Sorcier Golf Club

Quote Originally Posted by Le sorcier View Post
    Thank you all for the comments about our golf course and we do appreciate any kind of feedback, they make us want to get better!

Just wanted to set the record straight regarding some of the information quoted on this board about our pricing. Some of you have mentioned $150 and $100 for the price of a green fee with cart but the fact of the matter is that the right amount is 76$ with all taxes included from Fridays to Sundays before 1:00 PM.

We feel that overall, the conditions of the course are very good, but we are aware of the situation regarding some of our tees. Work will begin soon to make things better, so thank you for your understanding in this matter and let us enjoy the rest of this beautiful summer in these difficult times!

Sincerely,

Guy Beaulieu
    General manager
    Le Sorcier Golf Club
    Guy, the guys where talking about Le Diable in Mont Tremblant at 150.00 not Le Sorcier

Quote Originally Posted by Le sorcier View Post

Sincerely,

Guy Beaulieu
    General manager
    Le Sorcier Golf Club
    Good to hear Guy. You guys have a gem of a course and I need to get there more often. Didn’t hurt that I had one my best rounds of the year either. Pace of play was excellent as well for a tough course and on a Sunday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Guy, the guys where talking about Le Diable in Mont Tremblant at 150.00 not Le Sorcier
    Correct. I’d play sorcier or montebello for half the price of Diable 10 out of 10 times

Correct. I’d play sorcier or montebello for half the price of Diable 10 out of 10 times
    Hell yes !!!

I managed to actually get a tee time at Equinelle today. I can see why this course is always jammed packed....The course from tee to green was immaculate. Greens were lightning fast and the fairways were like carpet. Has to be the one of the best conditioned public/semi private course in the area bar none. Kudos to the maintenance staff. a real gem.

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    Oaks of Cobden is in rough shape , love the course and people there , but they can't continue to charge full price with the current conditions imo
    Played with a couple of my regulars at Perth today (which is in great shape), and they played Cobden last week and said the course was in good shape, but the greens were reaallly slowwww. Maybe just different standards, but given how much I play with this group, I would play Cobden based on their recommendation.
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

Loch March today. Course is green and lush. Greens had been punched and sanded recently which took away from the experience. Starter was a little too grumpy for my liking. Finished the front in 2:10 walking and waited on every hole and caught a bit of crap for that and I was like WTF?

Loch March today. Course is green and lush. Greens had been punched and sanded recently which took away from the experience. Starter was a little too grumpy for my liking. Finished the front in 2:10 walking and waited on every hole and caught a bit of crap for that and I was like WTF?
    if you had to wait why were you getting crapped on?

Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    if you had to wait why were you getting crapped on?
    I have no idea. And is 2:10 not a respectable time walking anyways?

I have no idea. And is 2:10 not a respectable time walking anyways?
    2:10 seems about right if the course was busy and you were walking.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Hey guys any info on Rockland conditions ? Have to agree on Sorcier---Equinelle and Nations---all in great shape
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Thread Information