CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Local course conditions

Let's start this thread, please let us know when you played, condition of the course, oh and don't forget to tell us which course you played, sometimes it's missed.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Played Stittsville today, ok shape, fairways rough in spots, greens were punched recently so pretty bumpy.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Stonebridge today.
    Fairways punched.
    Greens running slow with patchy areas.
    Pool noodles in the cup.

For some reason, they did not place the tee markers on the tee boxes for the par 4s and par 5s.

Not worth a full price green fee. But happy to be playing and we had a great day.
    Last edited by em69; 05-18-2020 at 01:38 PM.

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Played Mississippi today, May 17. Rules were in place and followed. Foam in the cup to keep the ball "up".

Greens hadn't yet fully recovered from aerating so were "challenging" to say the least.

I was surprised at the number of bare spots on the fairways.

But a great day for golf!!!!

Anybody play Loch March ? How are the bugs there ?
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

8 Iron cpal is on a distinguished road
    Pineview Championship = meh, pretty disappointing greens/fairways

Perth = much, much better (will be perfect once fairways/greens cut down more)

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Let's keep it up! I will review Mapleview on Wednesday, also saw in another post that Nation was in very good shape.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

2 Iron scrollerpete is on a distinguished road
    Nationview was wet due to heavy rain on Friday but in very good condition, no winter kill on any green, they are a little bit slow but eh it is early and we can be out there and enjoy the fresh air. The only downfall BLACK FLIES want your fresh BLOOD.
    scrollerpete

Anyone play Casselview yet? Curious about conditions

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Will review Buckingham on Wednesday

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar
    Played Champion at Pineview and according to other players it has improved over the last 2 days as it dries out. Punch holes not as noticeable as on the executive course. People seemed less stressed today but that may have been because of the beautiful weather.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar

Manderley

Played Central-North this morning. Very organized with staff at the gate directing you how to pay upstairs following the arrow path. You will leave your clubs in the car, pay then go get your clubs and proceed to the starting area. Starter explained the procedure very well.

Course condition is typical of May. A few wet spots near a couple of tees, fairways need cutting (very long grasses, lost a couple of balls in the middle of fairways), greens are in good condition with no winter kills but they are very slow.

Overall , nice and relaxed walking day. We didn't see the group in front or back of us the entire round. Finished 4:15hr for a 4some.

Seasoned Veteran donquijote is on a distinguished road donquijote's Avatar
    Anyone gone to sandpoint (Arnprior )
    Heading there Wednesday afternoon
    Thanks

Sand Wedge Sudden_Death is on a distinguished road
    Played Pakenham's Lake course on Saturday afternoon. It was still quite wet in a lot of spots. Green were slow but rolled pretty true with some still recovering from being punched. For $15 walking I can't complain too much but it needs a bit more time. Noodles in the cup weren't too bad.

6 Iron zer0ish is on a distinguished road zer0ish's Avatar
    May 16, 2020 @ Pine View Executive:
    Nice set up with the barricade with person asking what time people start at. There was a beer girl going around which was nice, she was wearing gloves and asked to put in the tip so no touching involved with tap cards. Executive hole revamp made GPS watch's useless at the start and end of round. Putting greens were in rough shape with aeration hole still very present, putting wasn't that great because of this. They are using pool noodles in the cup, and that doesn't affect the put at all.

May 17, 2020 @ Emerald Links East/West:
    No barricade to control times. I had a Tee Off at 10:36 AM and was Teeing Off at 10:00AM due to cancellations. But not a big deal at all. They also had a beer girl going around. The putting greens were better then Pine View, the aeration holes were flattened making putting better. There was still bouncing due to the aeration flattening but was manageable. They also use a pool noodle in the cup. Sometime the noodle was taller then others making the ball lip out on smooth puts(I can deal with that, if it lips out and stays inside 12 inches it's a hole out).

May 18, 2020 @ Falcon Ridge:
    Beautiful day, organized at the pro shop with someone controlling how many go in.
    Beer cart was set up at the cross roads of the 5th, 8th/15th with a card machine with tap, cash was still an option. Fairways were decent, but the greens were very dry yellow burnt grass. They removed allot of the trees along the edges and did allot of cleanup around ditches and the water making finding your ball easier. I'm sad they removed the stump on the 12th hole because that was a perfect distance marker. Other then the putting greens it was a nice. Wish they made nicer bunkers that made the course more challenging. The bunkers they have felt like nice soft sand compared the last years rock hard stuff.

Now I have to tend to my crazy sunburn and recover to play more golf next weekend.

May 22, 2020 @ Canadian Golf and CC - West:
    I love this course, the fairways looked great, the bunkers had beautiful beach like sand. Some greens need a bit more love but overall it was looking great.

May 24, 2020 @ Manderley On The Green - Central/North:
    I wasn't expecting too much considering how bad it looked last year but wow! it's looking good so far.
    They have it setup so when you drive in you are greeted by someone that explains the new rules for getting your clubs out of the car and going to pay. There are arrows on the ground to follow to avoid being close to other people. South side is a 9 hole course and they made Central North the 18.
    After paying and getting my clubs out of the car we walk to the hut close to the South tee area path and greeted by another person that explains the new course rules. The fairways looked great and the greens were probably the best I've seen so far. I wish the 7th hole water hazard had the water fall going I really miss seeing that. Bunkers were a mixed bag, some looked great some looked like they didn't get touched by maintenance yet. I'm not a fan of the noodle pin job they did. They aren't uniformly cut and they used the thin noodle instead of the thicker one that fits perfectly in the cup. I find they are cut too long making me wonder why not just flip the cups instead? I enjoy symmetry and they noddles kinda tilted me. Other then that and a few sloppy bunkers the course was in great shape. I had allot of fun. I need to bring insect repellent though, most mosquitoes I've seen so far on a 31 degree day with wind.
    Last edited by zer0ish; 05-25-2020 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Added more courses played.

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by cpal View Post
    Anyone play Casselview yet? Curious about conditions
    Playing it tomorrow. Will post when back.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Quote Originally Posted by nice_lag View Post
    Playing it tomorrow. Will post when back.
    Awesome
    Thanks
    Carlos

Par gwil is on a distinguished road
    Equinelle is in awesome shape as always!

5 Wood Grabster is on a distinguished road
    Loch March - Tues May 19th
    Decent condition, pretty dry.
    No bugs but it was very windy.
    Very slow greens.

5 Wood doctor-wedge is on a distinguished road
    Greens are 100% perfect, rolling very nice. Fairways are great except first two holes . A huge improvement from last year at this time. Well worth the drive
    Cassleview..

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar

Pineview (Main) on the 19th

Pretty good considering. Masked cart lady going around. Seemed slow but we went out at 1.50 & in the parking lot at 5.50. Pleasant bit of sun/heat. Bunkers were fantastically groomed but without the rakes sort-of wasted.

Cheers all

3 Wood Sab is on a distinguished road Sab's Avatar
    Played Bearbrook yesterday. Its probably as good as it will get all year. Greens are very bumpy, ball gets lots of air time on long putts. Tees and fairways very dry and hard already, and will only get dryer. No beverage cart yesterday but I suspect there was on the weekend by the number of beer cans strewn around tee box areas. For the price, it is golf and we're out of the house.

Casselview greens are in fantastic shape. Fast compared to others played last weekend and no rough spots at all.

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sab View Post
    Played Bearbrook yesterday. Its probably as good as it will get all year. Greens are very bumpy, ball gets lots of air time on long putts. Tees and fairways very dry and hard already, and will only get dryer. No beverage cart yesterday but I suspect there was on the weekend by the number of beer cans strewn around tee box areas. For the price, it is golf and we're out of the house.
    Are many going golfing or drinking..

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Played Smiths Falls today. Conditions were good. 4:15 round. Some of the traditionally wet areas were WELL marked off to keep carts away, which is a GOOD THING. Greens very FAST !!
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

Sandpoint is in great shape
    Good deal after 2 pm
    Greens were rolling slow
    4 hour round walking
    No cart girl and no drinks whatsoever ( no water available )
    So bring your own water
    Cheers 🍻

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    Sorcier today in very good condition, recommended.

Hybrid TLB is on a distinguished road
    Golfed Rockland today. Great experience to finally get outside at a beautiful golf course. The club is very well organized to handle our current Covid conditions and all the staff & players were carefully observing distancing protocols. The course is in so-so shape. A lot of fairway damage and many of the greens were not in great shape. No range or putting facilities nor rakes or ball washers, which is the norm these days. The Hut was open (had a hot dog) and the food cart was on the course. The course needs a lot of rain and growth to get back to classic Rockland conditions. Our foursome golfed through at just under four hours ! Will go back any time.

9 Iron sab2440 is on a distinguished road
    Played Renfrew, may 19.
    Greens did not winter well.All have significant damage. At least a month away from being acceptable.

7 Wood Hjiang is on a distinguished road
    Played Gatineau today, the course is in a great shape highly recommend.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Played Hawkesbury today...Covid conditions in effect pertaining to ball washers rakes etc. Greens are absolutely perfect. Some fairways are very dry and brown but not bare so the ball rolls very well. Well worth the drive. Best greens so far this year.

Thread Information