100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    I got to get out there again Jeff. I really enjoy the variety of holes.
    Greens are the best I have seen them in the last 5 years
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    I got to get out there again Jeff. I really enjoy the variety of holes.
    Hmmm, I'm guessing you didn't play the "dogleg right" West 9...

... that's right, every hole is a dogleg right! OK, not the par-3s, but still... I've never seen that before.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    Hmmm, I'm guessing you didn't play the "dogleg right" West 9...

... that's right, every hole is a dogleg right! OK, not the par-3s, but still... I've never seen that before.
    Except 8 & 9
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    Except 8 & 9
    Not true.

http://www.themeadowsgolf.ca/golf/course-card/

The par-5 ninth hole is a double dogleg, left first then right to the green.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    Not true.

http://www.themeadowsgolf.ca/golf/course-card/

The par-5 ninth hole is a double dogleg, left first then right to the green.
    Lol , we'll agree to disagree on the definition of a dogleg then

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Played Greensmere Legacy yesterday. The greens are immaculate, rolling true. The best I have played on this year. Not a single dead spots. Not sure how they cover them in the winters but it seems their greens are always in good shape.

Fairways/tee boxes are also in good condition.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I like their greens, last year they had some issues recovering. The only drawback there is the inability to hold balls, I have a nice high ball flight with decent spin and still have to allow for excessive roll to get the distance correct.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    Canadian Sunday June 28, the course is in very nice condition overall, greens are a bit on the slow side. 4 players riding, mid day start @ 4 hour round. Carts have a separator so 2 carts per 4 some. Will go back.

Lob Wedge Morgan585 is on a distinguished road
    I played Meadows for the first time in 2 years on Saturday June 27, the greens were the best that I had seen there in years and not as slow as usual, hit 12 fairways out of 14, but I was not rewarded a single time with a nice lie in their fairways, which are for the most part deadpan. Too bad.

5 Wood junkhouse is on a distinguished road
    Played Brockville Country Club today for the first time. 4 hours on the dot and one of the most pleasurable golf experiences ever. From arrival to departure staff and members were exceptional! Course is in great condition, greens were rolling perfect and consistent from practice green thru 18. Very much worth the drive from Ottawa. Note holes 11 and 12 are calf burners, found #12 par 3 at 219 yards into the wind one of the toughest in the valley. Definitely will return, thank you for a GREAT DAY!

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Stonebridge today...exceptional..all around. Greens awesome, tee boxes flawless. Pace of play was perfect.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by em69 View Post
    Stonebridge today...exceptional..all around. Greens awesome, tee boxes flawless. Pace of play was perfect.
    Awesome! Glad to hear that the course has take a huge leap forward. Played it over the years and the tee boxes were never flawless. Tees and greens are critical to any golf course.

Upper Canada is in very nice shape , greens are the nicest I have played this year
    15 minute tee time intervals , 3 players riding played in 3:30 minutes... worth the drive from Ottawa.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    We played Mont Pellier today---good thing it was only 30.00 with cart---and it was not even worth that. I have never in 15 years seen a course in that bad a condition. Rough uncut---fairways uncut---green aprons uncut---burnt fairways---massive winter kill on greens--aeration hole not grown in---you name it we saw it today. No idea of what is going on but certainly not worth the drive of the money. It used to be a fun course to play.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    We played Mont Pellier today---good thing it was only 30.00 with cart---and it was not even worth that. I have never in 15 years seen a course in that bad a condition. Rough uncut---fairways uncut---green aprons uncut---burnt fairways---massive winter kill on greens--aeration hole not grown in---you name it we saw it today. No idea of what is going on but certainly not worth the drive of the money. It used to be a fun course to play.
    Yes but did you hit the par 3 Canadian Habs hole green buddy!!! LOL. Too bad about the course. I have not been there in over 5 years as the conditions where not that good.

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    My 3 favs so far for conditions this year..Dragonfly, Mont Cascades, Sorcier..beautiful greens and fairways.Note Cascades # 16 green a bit spotty being in a shaded area with lots of goose traffic

Yes but did you hit the par 3 Canadian Habs hole green buddy!!! LOL. Too bad about the course. I have not been there in over 5 years as the conditions where not that good.
    No---2" from the boards---but did par it

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    No---2" from the boards---but did par it
    Par is good buddy. Fun hoe to pay even if it a bit odd.

Par is good buddy. Fun hoe to pay even if it a bit odd.
    Yes----anything par today is excellent. Going to have to start playing from the forward tees---at 75 the greens are just too far away regardless of the conditions----------thank the lord for good drugs !!!

Yes----anything par today is excellent. Going to have to start playing from the forward tees---at 75 the greens are just too far away regardless of the conditions----------thank the lord for good drugs !!!
    Yep, i'm 67 and arleady started forward tees on some courses depending on how long par 4's are. I alternate from white to yellow, makes the game much more enjoyable

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    As long as we're giving props ... I've got to commend Prescott.

Friendly staff, fast greens, good tee boxes, and better than can be expected in a drought fairways..

If they have one shortcoming .. it's my score is too high !! LOL !!
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

3 Wood thematt is on a distinguished road thematt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by em69 View Post
    Vieux Moulin....hmm...they need a life line. Probably the worst course I have ever played.
    I live 2 minutes from there and go with my neighbour often enough. You are 100% correct, it is basically not playable. Since you played it the greens are a tiny bit better (I played around the time you did as well) but the fairways are bone dry and basically no grass. Just horrible.
    While I'd like to play better, I have zero interest in practicing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudden_Death View Post
    Has anyone been to Chateau Cartier recently? Scored a deal and was wondering what sort of shape it's in?
    Greens are Decent but slow. Fairways are pretty dead these days. #5 is brutal from 100yards in. Green is basically not playable. I played early June and then again June 30. Huge decline in the 3 week break.

Le Sorcier: Great shape. Greens are are fantastic and course is always well maintained. Highly recommend.

Château Cartier: Was decent in early June but has since slid way downhill. Fairways are dead, greens are slow and tee boxes (if you can call them that) are awful. No winter kill on the greens but around #5 is horrible. Otherwise it just needs water and to be manicured.

Gatineau: Not quite as good as Sorcier but up there. Greens are great and fairways are nice. 15 is messed up though and there is very little indication when you step up to the tee box as to what you are looking at other than some white spray paint on the grass.

Edelweiss: Similar to Cartier, greens are ok and overall conditions aren’t terrible but nothing to be proud of. Pretty similar to last year.

Vieux Moulins: Basically not a golf course anymore. The front 9 fairways are dead. There is no green grass, it is like hitting on concrete. Greens were awful at the start of the year but have started to come around a bit. Back 9 is a bit better, some green grass but again not much. Greens on the back are there, aside from 11 they are in Ok shape but insanely slow. Somehow it is always busy though.

Quote Originally Posted by thematt View Post
    I live 2 minutes from there and go with my neighbour often enough. You are 100% correct, it is basically not playable. Since you played it the greens are a tiny bit better (I played around the time you did as well) but the fairways are bone dry and basically no grass. Just horrible.
    Yes for sure,I can walk to lvm in 2 minutes past the no trespassing signs..it is horrendous and last week someone had dumped a golf cart into the pond on number 3..wtf is wrong with people

Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    Yes for sure,I can walk to lvm in 2 minutes past the no trespassing signs..it is horrendous and last week someone had dumped a golf cart into the pond on number 3..wtf is wrong with people
    Yeah we saw that on the Fathers Day Sunday. It looked more like it was parked there on purpose it was so perfectly aligned. I thought maybe it was where they were going to start storing the dead carts ��

Quote Originally Posted by thematt View Post
    Yeah we saw that on the Fathers Day Sunday. It looked more like it was parked there on purpose it was so perfectly aligned. I thought maybe it was where they were going to start storing the dead carts ��
    maybe Mo thought it would make a great addition to the water hazard that was bone dry🙁

Just played Renfrew
    The course condition is excellent but the greens are awful , I guess from the winter but they are still in very bad shape for summer conditions, which is a shame

Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    Just played Renfrew
    The course condition is excellent but the greens are awful , I guess from the winter but they are still in very bad shape for summer conditions, which is a shame
    Sad to hear that Will. Its one of our favs.

Canadian , not near as good this week as last. Several scorched areas on the course, & some aprons and tee boxes must have been cut by a rookie , cut far too short. $25 for 1/2 a cart is a bit over the top... bone dry course forcing carts on cart path only for some par 4's is also a PITA. They had me locked in after last week , not so much now. Only really good thing was pace of play , 3:45 four players riding. Greens are in good shape but still on the slow side

Thread Information