CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Today's report

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    So Stittsville GC today ...well
    The course was in ok shape, winter kill on some fairways and greens but were golfing right ?
    The pro shop and payment was fairly well organized, but , and I'm no angel , lots of people 3 sheets to the wind .
    To the point that, the 2 some behind us on #1 tee box decided to go for a swim in the pond , yup , shirt off in for a dip , absolutely hammered... On the first tee box !
    And to boot my Buddy (Rezadue) had his car smashed in by a hit & run in the car park ..
    Outside of that , it was nice to golf

And if anyone did see someone hit a black BMW, between 2.30 & 4.30pm at the course , it was right at the exit, please contact me
    So I wonder how these 2 managed to play or were they prevented from leaving,if they were so wasted the people in charge should have had police involved.It boggles my mind

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    It was my car that was hit. I can tell you that when I pulled into the parking lot there was a lot of drinking going on. And as Will said, we were approached by a few older couples leaving to see if any of us owned a black BMW. Which unfortunately was my car.

I still don't k ow how the manager found out my car had been hit 1.5 hours prior to me finding out, but he said their camera does not capture that corner well and they could not tell who it was. And there were no witnesses....

They have offered to pay for my deductible.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

2 Iron scrollerpete is on a distinguished road
    Played Nationview yesterday, only one person in the pro shop at a time, course was pretty wet from lot’s of rain on Friday(it was needed badly) so no carts out. The course is very playable greens are fantastic shape a little bit slow but eh it is mid May. Players kept their distance, very good experience and noodle in the hole.
    scrollerpete

Quote Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
    It was my car that was hit. I can tell you that when I pulled into the parking lot there was a lot of drinking going on. And as Will said, we were approached by a few older couples leaving to see if any of us owned a black BMW. Which unfortunately was my car.

I still don't k ow how the manager found out my car had been hit 1.5 hours prior to me finding out, but he said their camera does not capture that corner well and they could not tell who it was. And there were no witnesses....

They have offered to pay for my deductible.
    That's sad,whoever hit your car must have been one of those intoxicated idiots.

5 Wood Pine View is on a distinguished road Pine View's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_golf View Post
    Does anyone know of a course where we can prepay online or by phone and not have to go into the pro shop to pay or check in? My wife and I aren’t interested in going indoors during this pandemic regardless of the steps taken.
    Pine View has a book and pay online option. The starter will send you right to the 1st tee if you do not want to go inside.
    This is not the Pine View you remember from years gone by. Come back and see what we have done and what we have in store for the future - www.pineview.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gofish2 View Post
    Can affirm your opinion of the Executive at Pineview. Common consensus among other golfers was that they are ruining the 2 best holes, the 1st and eighteen to put in a driving range. Greens were punched but the day was sunny and great to get out. Don't know if the lady in orange is on this site but I watched her ace the 4th hole so big Congrats ! 8:30 am tomorrow on the Championship. Note to management, you can take down the sign saying it is 200 yards to the water now that you have turned the only par 5 into a par 3.
    We all agree those were good holes but they were not "executive holes". The 18th will be a par 4 when the new green is finished. A risk reward hole across the pond.

The driving range and practice facility will be great additions to the property and the benefits of those will far outweigh the changes to the 1st and 18th holes on the executive course.
    This is not the Pine View you remember from years gone by. Come back and see what we have done and what we have in store for the future - www.pineview.com

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    FYI, the picture of what was done to my car:
    m4.jpg
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Attachment 62547
    Dang buddy !!!! Not in shortage of assholes. Hope he gets nailed

Attachment 62547
    Man that sucks..

9 Iron rajah is on a distinguished road
    What are the timelines for the driving range to open? How many mats? Is the driving range 250 yards or 300 yards. So the 18th hole will past the pond what is yardage from the tee box to the green.

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pine View View Post
    We all agree those were good holes but they were not "executive holes". The 18th will be a par 4 when the new green is finished. A risk reward hole across the pond.

The driving range and practice facility will be great additions to the property and the benefits of those will far outweigh the changes to the 1st and 18th holes on the executive course.
    Yes, the driving range will be most welcome,especially for those of us living in the city as all the other facilities have gradually disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post
    What are the timelines for the driving range to open? How many mats? Is the driving range 250 yards or 300 yards. So the 18th hole will past the pond what is yardage from the tee box to the green.
    The range should open mid to late June. It is about 290 end to end with 35 foot high netting. Not many guys can hit it that far/high.

The 18th will play about 240 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofish2 View Post
    Yes, the driving range will be most welcome,especially for those of us living in the city as all the other facilities have gradually disappeared.
    Yes, most ranges in the east end have been developed or will be in the near future.

In addition to the range we have doubled the size of the practice green and are building a practice bunker and short game area,

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Buckingham opening day went very well. Over 325 players !!!! Yes, full house from 7am-9pm. Well organized. We where met by a staff member instructing us what to do, how to proceed and etc... Bravo to Éric Robillard and his wonderfull staff for a great opening day. Course was in very good condition, greens where good but a bit slow, normal for this time of year. They also seem to be equipped to handle 2 players per cart. Plexiglass screen of some sort between 2 golfers on cart.

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Can we stop using this thread for Course reports and use the appropriately named "Local Course Conditions" thread please ??
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eez View Post
    Can we stop using this thread for Course reports and use the appropriately named "Local Course Conditions" thread please ??
    36 posts and you're telling US what to do ?
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Played The Meadows yesterday eve , and the course is in decent shape , greens are filling in nicely , though they are a little bumpy.
    The pace of play was excellent and very well organized with respects to the covid pandemic. They had Cart service and bar service open too

I also went to Kevin Haines , probably for the last time .
    The set up is great , but charging over $20 for a hour range session is rediculous .
    I get that he needs to keep his business running , but for another $15 , I can play a full round at a course .
    I can't justify that much for a driving range , I don't know how they can.

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    36 posts and you're telling US what to do ?
    Nope ... just asking. Not sure what the number of posts has to do with common sense.

If you're happy with going to both threads for the same info, that says something.
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by eez View Post
    Nope ... just asking. Not sure what the number of posts has to do with common sense.

If you're happy with going to both threads for the same info, that says something.
    Please , enlighten us , what does it say ?
    Last edited by Wilster; 05-22-2020 at 08:29 AM.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ladygolfer13 View Post
    Played Nation yesterday and today. Great condition. Very well organized. They have tent out front and you are called when ready to go down and pay. U don’t go into pro shop but pay thru window and slide the tap machine through wooden box. Yesterday took almost 5 hours and today about 4.5. But that was fine as beautiful days and enjoyed being outside.

If you book online I believe you will also get 10% discount with Nation if prepay. Good deal.

Bogie ladygolfer13 is on a distinguished road ladygolfer13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobble_It View Post
    If you book online I believe you will also get 10% discount with Nation if prepay. Good deal.
    Yes that is true

Thread Information