+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Today's report

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar

Today's report

Like to get feedback from those that played today..was it organized and did everyone follow guidelines

Seasoned Veteran donquijote is on a distinguished road donquijote's Avatar
    Played cloverdale links
    Foursome walking
    9 am tee time and played 18 holes in 4 hours
    Club was fully booked but having tee times spaced (10 mins I believe)
    Excellent organization . 2 ppl allowed in the pro shop at a time
    I didn’t see a Marshall but everyone was keeping their distance
    You are being told the distancing rules before you tee off
    No rakes and no ball washers an foam and the bottom of the flags
    Would go back again For sure
    Hope it helps
    Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by donquijote View Post
    Played cloverdale links
    Foursome walking
    9 am tee time and played 18 holes in 4 hours
    Club was fully booked but having tee times spaced (10 mins I believe)
    Excellent organization . 2 ppl allowed in the pro shop at a time
    I didn’t see a Marshall but everyone was keeping their distance
    You are being told the distancing rules before you tee off
    No rakes and no ball washers an foam and the bottom of the flags
    Would go back again For sure
    Hope it helps
    Carlos
    That's great to hear glad you had a good day and 4 hours!! Perfect

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Played Marshes today...foursome was allowed out together. each golfer had a cart, or you were allowed to walk if you wanted. I person allowed in pro shop to check the group in. No rakes, no ballwashers, cups looked to be in upside down...it was okay though. course in really nice shape, 12 minute tee times, played in 4 hours as well. very well organized. Beverage Cart was also available on the course. It was a great day.

Par gwil is on a distinguished road
    Played in Perth and thought everyone did an excellent job with the protocols put in place. First time things have felt somewhat normal in 10 weeks. Stay safe and hit em good!

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    played Pakenham , same experience as the other posters regarding pro shop, 1 per cart etc. 2 riders 1 walker , 4 hour round , great to get out. Everyone we came across on the course was smiling. Course condition was just ok, but not complaining just happy to not only be golfing but getting out of the house after being cooped up for weeks.

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    Koko was the range / practice facility open ?

Range and practice putting green were closed. they only want you to show up 15 to 20 minutes before your tee time, so I conveniently stopped into the 19th tee to hit a bucket.

I am playing Upper Canada today, so I will post a report tonight.

Play well boys

Putter steven_golf is on a distinguished road
    Does anyone know of a course where we can prepay online or by phone and not have to go into the pro shop to pay or check in? My wife and I aren’t interested in going indoors during this pandemic regardless of the steps taken.

due to the fact that these measures are new to everyone including the golf courses, you may have to call and ask the courses you are interested in playing to see what their policies are. Most courses are only allowing 1 person in at a time and they also want people in and out quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post
    Range and practice putting green were closed. they only want you to show up 15 to 20 minutes before your tee time, so I conveniently stopped into the 19th tee to hit a bucket.

I am playing Upper Canada today, so I will post a report tonight.

Play well boys
    Is 19th tee Matt's only

No...grass tees were open and they were in fantastic shape. Only 1 person in the pro shop at a time to pay for your bucket though, but the line moves quickly

No...grass tees were open and they were in fantastic shape. Only 1 person in the pro shop at a time to pay for your bucket though, but the line moves quickly
    Thanks for that..I don't like using matts

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar
    Can anyone comment on Pineview conditions as I am playing Executive this afternoon and Champion tomorrow morning.

Putter steven_golf is on a distinguished road
    due to the fact that these measures are new to everyone including the golf courses, you may have to call and ask the courses you are interested in playing to see what their policies are. Most courses are only allowing 1 person in at a time and they also want people in and out quickly.
    I called a handful of places but gave up. Every course I spoke to required someone to go into the shop to pay or check in.

Quote Originally Posted by steven_golf View Post
    I called a handful of places but gave up. Every course I spoke to required someone to go into the shop to pay or check in.
    Could you not just wear mask and gloves to go in to feel more secure

Did anyone play whitetail yesterday?

Gap Wedge Stonebridge is on a distinguished road Stonebridge's Avatar
    We offer online credit card payment at the time of booking if you reserve your tee-time through our website. Rules and regulations can also be found on the main page as well. Our tee-time confirmation emails also provide a link to this page should you forget.

Yesterday was an exciting day for golf courses as we all try to adjust to a new normal way of operating. Here are some suggestions that golfers could keep in mind when booking a round of golf at any facility:

-Not every golf course will operate the exact same way as another. Check websites often to see if they have a page dedicated to the procedures, provide outlines, or details of what to expect at their club. Read any emails they might send providing updates or info.
    -Call or email the pro shop of the golf course should you have any questions or require clarification
    -Make sure same-household players bring ID to show in order to be permitted to share a cart
    -We provide scorecards and pencils by request - if players keep their own pen or pencil in their bag only scorecards would be required (less things to touch) - maybe consider a golf scoring app for your phone!
    -Pay attention to, and adhere to, any signage around the property
    -Practice patience. The COVID-19 way of operating is new to everyone. Procedures will likely evolve at all courses as we navigate this pandemic together

The process to book your round of golf may seem daunting or overwhelming at first, but once you get on the first tee and hit that first drive up the middle of the fairway... we promise you'll feel relieved! Being ON the course won't feel much different than it did all the years you've played before.

If everyone adheres to safety guidelines when visiting their favourite golf facilities, we can show the Province of Ontario they made the right decision allowing golf courses to open.

We wish every golfer, and every golf course, a great season!
    Web: www.stonebridgegc.com Twitter: @StonebridgeClub Facebook: www.facebook.com/StonebridgeClub

8 Iron cpal is on a distinguished road
    Pineview - Conditions worse than expected on Championship. Some of the greens were pretty awful, and a few of the fairways were nearly unplayable in large areas. Greens were very slow/bumpy. Bit disappointed with the conditions but golf is better than no golf, and the staff were well-organized.

Perth - Much, much better conditions. Few fairways had some issues but mostly quite good for May. Greens were in great shape compared to Pineview, and had a bit more speed. Again, well-organized check-in.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Played yesterday and today. Rounds were a little slower then usual; yesterday was just under 4 hours and today was 3 hour and 50 minutes. No driving range so it took a few holes to get loose. Course was well mapped and although it was very steady with a full tee sheet it was quite (not the usuall sounds). Very nice to get out!

Bogie ladygolfer13 is on a distinguished road ladygolfer13's Avatar
    Played Nation yesterday and today. Great condition. Very well organized. They have tent out front and you are called when ready to go down and pay. U don’t go into pro shop but pay thru window and slide the tap machine through wooden box. Yesterday took almost 5 hours and today about 4.5. But that was fine as beautiful days and enjoyed being outside.

6 Iron zer0ish is on a distinguished road zer0ish's Avatar
    I had this in the Covid 19 thread:

After doing 2 18's so far.

Pine View Executive:
    Nice set up with the barricade with person asking what time people start at. There was a beer girl going around which was nice, she was wearing gloves and asked to put in the tip so no touching involved with tap cards. Executive hole revamp made GPS watch's useless at the start and end of round. Putting greens were in rough shape with aeration hole still very present, putting wasn't that great because of this. They are using pool noodles in the cup, and that doesn't affect the put at all.

Emerald Links East/West:
    No barricade to control times. I had a Tee Off at 10:36 AM and was Teeing Off at 10:00AM due to cancellations. But not a big deal at all. They also had a beer girl going around. The putting greens were better then Pine View, the aeration holes were flattened making putting better. There was still bouncing due to the aeration flattening but was manageable. They also use a pool noodle in the cup. Sometime the noodle was taller then others making the ball lip out on smooth puts(I can deal with that, if it lips out and stays inside 12 inches it's a hole out).

Over all so far I've been happy. The fact we can golf is great news. Courses are doing what they can. I believe the rules said no putting practice or chipping greens are to be used. There were quite a few people using them at Emerald Links.

Now I have a great sunburn and got to test my new clubs. Have fun guys and gals on this long weekend.

I'm heading out to Falcon Ridge tomorrow (Monday).

6 Iron zer0ish is on a distinguished road zer0ish's Avatar
    Does anyone know of a course where we can prepay online or by phone and not have to go into the pro shop to pay or check in? My wife and I aren’t interested in going indoors during this pandemic regardless of the steps taken.
    I was able to Pre-pay at Emerald Links, even got a 20% discount if we pre-pay to avoid having to go into the club-house.

Can affirm your opinion of the Executive at Pineview. Common consensus among other golfers was that they are ruining the 2 best holes, the 1st and eighteen to put in a driving range. Greens were punched but the day was sunny and great to get out. Don't know if the lady in orange is on this site but I watched her ace the 4th hole so big Congrats ! 8:30 am tomorrow on the Championship. Note to management, you can take down the sign saying it is 200 yards to the water now that you have turned the only par 5 into a par 3.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    So Stittsville GC today ...well
    The course was in ok shape, winter kill on some fairways and greens but were golfing right ?
    The pro shop and payment was fairly well organized, but , and I'm no angel , lots of people 3 sheets to the wind .
    To the point that, the 2 some behind us on #1 tee box decided to go for a swim in the pond , yup , shirt off in for a dip , absolutely hammered... On the first tee box !
    And to boot my Buddy (Rezadue) had his car smashed in by a hit & run in the car park ..
    Outside of that , it was nice to golf

And if anyone did see someone hit a black BMW, between 2.30 & 4.30pm at the course , it was right at the exit, please contact me

Any chance they have cameras covering the lot ?

Pitching Wedge jermart is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    So Stittsville GC today ...well
    The course was in ok shape, winter kill on some fairways and greens but were golfing right ?
    The pro shop and payment was fairly well organized, but , and I'm no angel , lots of people 3 sheets to the wind .
    To the point that, the 2 some behind us on #1 tee box decided to go for a swim in the pond , yup , shirt off in for a dip , absolutely hammered... On the first tee box !
    And to boot my Buddy (Rezadue) had his car smashed in by a hit & run in the car park ..
    Outside of that , it was nice to golf

And if anyone did see someone hit a black BMW, between 2.30 & 4.30pm at the course , it was right at the exit, please contact me
    Your avatar is an appropriate action that can be taken for some. Lol. Sorry to hear that and as Gofish says, check for cameras, but I don't believe there are any at Stittsville.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    Like to get feedback from those that played today..was it organized and did everyone follow guidelines
    Stonebridge was very well organized and provided a very safe environment. The strangest part was not being able to shake hands with the 2 fun guys we had the pleasure to play with today.

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Played Mississippi today. Rules were in place and followed. Greens hadn't yet fully recovered from aerating so were "challenging" to say the least. But a great day for golf!!!!

Anybody play Loch March ? How are the bugs there ?
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

As promised here is my update for Upper Canada today....

-15 min tee times so no groups in sight behind or in front
    -2 ppl allowed in the pro shop at any given time
    -powercart to yourself if you wanted to drive
    -greens and fairways in impeccable condition
    -pool noodles in the cups....a lot better than having the cups inserted upside down.
    -no beverage or restaurant service. Main entrance washrooms available for use.
    -no ball washers, rakes, benches etc....standard practice for the courses now.
    -don't think the driving range or the practice putting green were open didn't have a chance to putt.

Well worth the drive to Morrisburg....you wont be disappointed.

Thread Information