100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Gap Wedge pwr_fade is on a distinguished road

Tipping at courses like Taboo

Hi all

I just played at Taboo golf course. One of the guys who worked there wipe my clubs and carried them to my car. I gave him 2$ which was the only change I had in my pocket. My wallet was in the golf bag. Not sure I would have had anything less then a 10$.

Is there a general rule of thumb for tipping at a golf course? How about courses with Caddies How much do you tip them?. Just want to be better prepared in the future.

Thank you in advance,

Jo

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pwr_fade
    How about courses with Caddies How much do you tip them?. Just want to be better prepared in the future.
    Isnt it like 10% of your earnings for the day??
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Gap Wedge pwr_fade is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    Isnt it like 10% of your earnings for the day??
    Well in that case will the caddie help pay for the bets I owe for the round?...lol

Pitching Wedge shankenstein is on a distinguished road

caddies

Are there any courses in Ottawa that have caddies available?

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pwr_fade
    Is there a general rule of thumb for tipping at a golf course? How about courses with Caddies How much do you tip them?. Just want to be better prepared in the future.

Thank you in advance,

Jo
    Giving a pat answer on tipping is difficult because it depends where you are playing. There are local muni's in the US that you could get away with giving the caddy $40, but if you tried that at Pebble Beach it likely wouldn't be appreciated.

In the US, usually a buck or two per player, or 5 bucks for the group is sufficient for someone to simply unload & load your clubs. If they're cleaning them you might want to give them a bit more.
    I don't find the service at Canadian courses (or most other canadian business for that matter) compares to what you receive in the US., so for me tipping usually consists of a twoonie for the bag drop guy.

A couple of weeks ago I played Timber Ridge near Trenton & the guy who loaded & unloaded my clubs refused to take a tip. He said at their green fees include ALL services. If a tip isn't requried they will tell you.

As far as caddy availability - I thought I had heard Pineview was starting a caddy program for juniors but I don't know if it ever came to fruition.

Andru
    I think the caddies for juniors is a great idea. I'd use one instead of a cart. Though it may cost a bit more. I just hope the course doesn't take a piece. A cart will cost at the most 15 dollars. Could you get away with tipping 20. I don't think so. At least 10 bucks an hour so $40 sounds resonable. That would make a round at stonebridge 105 dollars. HMM on second thought maybe the carts are a good idea.

Thread Information