+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar

If they opened up the courses next week would you play ?

Several states have kept courses open and some are allowing them to open this week. What would it take to get you onto a golf course ?

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    What would it take? For a golf course to be open! I would be on the course tomorrow.

There are any number of activities I wouldn't consider partaking in, but I think golf is about as low risk as it gets.
    Twitter: @mfarquharson73

Golf Pig of the Year 07,08 rpangman is on a distinguished road rpangman's Avatar
    We golfed in Arizona until the end of March. The courses were all taking the smart precautions. One person to a cart, prepay, don't touch the flag stick, rakes etc. Sanitizers at frequent locations etc. Felt very safe doing it and the sunshine and fresh air has to be healthy.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Absolutely. I would be cautious and practice physical distancing, so I would not be concerned. I am more concerned when I go to the grocery store.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Probably go out but be very careful.

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    I would play, safely.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Simply , yes , without hesitation.
    My biggest concern is , if golf is the first sport to lift restrictions for play , I'm thinking the courses will be packed.
    Hopefully that's a good thing though
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Out of Bounds rancherJ is on a distinguished road rancherJ's Avatar
    would i play? In a heartbeat!!

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Oh I will be there opening day. Like everyone else I'll keep physical distance rules foremost. I've already paid for my membership, but I live in Quebec and my home course is in Ontario. Also, I am guessing carpooling will be out for a while. At least gas is cheap!
    Andrew

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    I’m guessing everyone on this forum will play when courses open. I probably won’t spend much if any time on the range unless it’s empty but that’s no big deal. The bigger question will be fans in the stands at sporting events. I won’t be doing that anytime soon, even if it was allowed.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I will be out there as soon as courses open.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    DUH !! I'll even help put in the flags--be it Bearbrook-Pineview or Equinelle Lets go but with sensibility
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    I probably won’t spend much if any time on the range
    This is a different beast which would need to have very strict controls and cleaning. I am not even sure it would be worth it for a club and I imagine many may not have ranges open.

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Well courses might have to hire a few monitors to ride around to be sure safety and distancing is being adhered to..but myself am anxious just to get to a range and swing my new clubs titleist t300s ⛳😁

Lob Wedge silverdog is on a distinguished road
    I would be out there and keeping my distance

Lots of rumors flying around---let's wait and see the fine print. Already: 1 person to a cart with a 5.00 upcharge---carts available on a first come basis (25.00 with tax)---no idea what the green fee prices are for 2020. Maybe May 18th at the earliest ?????

Lob Wedge silverdog is on a distinguished road
    It's going to be a very difficult year for golf course owners i know ours runs on a tight budget - we may lose a few courses over this

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Lots of rumors flying around---let's wait and see the fine print. Already: 1 person to a cart with a 5.00 upcharge---carts available on a first come basis (25.00 with tax)---no idea what the green fee prices are for 2020. Maybe May 18th at the earliest ?????
    if it will be 1 person per cart I can see courses running out of carts meaning lots of players that cannot walk will go home..

8 Iron cpal is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    if it will be 1 person per cart I can see courses running out of carts meaning lots of players that cannot walk will go home..
    Not likely. Most clubs are limiting tee times to twosomes, which means they'll still be handing out 2 carts (max) per tee time, which is standard.

Also, given the circumstances, courses that are easy to walk should probably adopt the UK mentality and ban carts except for those who can't walk for medical reasons.

Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by cpal View Post
    Not likely. Most clubs are limiting tee times to twosomes, which means they'll still be handing out 2 carts (max) per tee time, which is standard.

Also, given the circumstances, courses that are easy to walk should probably adopt the UK mentality and ban carts except for those who can't walk for medical reasons.
    When you say most clubs are limiting tee times to twosomes, has that been posted anywhere, just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    When you say most clubs are limiting tee times to twosomes, has that been posted anywhere, just curious.
    Just going off what golf courses in other provinces (ex. BC) and the US are doing. I got a few emails from ON clubs (ex. Trillium) suggesting it may be the new standard in ON too.

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    It's too wet for carts, did I mention that it is cold too!

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cpal View Post
    Just going off what golf courses in other provinces (ex. BC) and the US are doing. I got a few emails from ON clubs (ex. Trillium) suggesting it may be the new standard in ON too.
    BC is not doing that, they allow foursomes. Any limitations on the number of a people for a tee time is related to carts. They only allow 2 carts per tee time, and they only allow people to share a cart if they are from the same household. So a group of 4 could be 4 walkers, 1 cart and 3 walkers, 1 cart and 2 walkers, 2 carts and 1 walker or 2 carts.

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    BC is not doing that, they allow foursomes. Any limitations on the number of a people for a tee time is related to carts. They only allow 2 carts per tee time, and they only allow people to share a cart if they are from the same household. So a group of 4 could be 4 walkers, 1 cart and 3 walkers, 1 cart and 2 walkers, 2 carts and 1 walker or 2 carts.
    https://www.tricitynews.com/sports/t...mic-1.24118480

Depends on the course I guess.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    I would play in heartbeat!!!!
    YES PLEASE!
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I'm with rezadue on this one!!
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

6 Iron zer0ish is on a distinguished road zer0ish's Avatar
    Just got my second simulator in today(optishot2, already have R-motion) and I would go out for golf. I just bought new clubs and really want to try them out on real courses.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    My course (Metcalfe) has a large membership with a lot of senior members (myself included if you count "senior" as 60+). After reading on other golf forums in the US about how clubs that are open have their tee sheets absolutely swamped with golfers from out-of-state where courses are closed, I'm hoping that play is restricted to members only (and possibly guests) for the first few weeks - especially if courses are still closed on the Quebec side. We have a large enough membership base to keep the course busy, and there are plenty of public and semi-private courses in the area as options.

The absolute WORST scenario is for courses to continue to allow foursomes in 2 carts (related or not) teeing off every 7-8 minutes with a full tee sheet. You thought this situation was slow before - now it will be slow and dangerous. I'm hoping course operators will be more cautious.

Yep---its a mess out there. After 15 years I cancelled my EG golf membership because the courses can't even provide enough carts for players who want to play---will charge a surcharge for carts----have not posted 2020 prices as of yet nor has EG posted it's prices for 2020.
    As a 75 year old who loves the game and the fellowship I will pay for my round and try and walk. Personally I think when and if the season gets going it is going to be a mess to try and co-ordinate bookings with 2 different entities; plus the fact that we will have already lost 2 months before the courses will open. After listening to Ford today and the doctors---they will take there time to do it right and I applaud that. We need ONE policy for the whole province---not different ones for different cities or regions. How would you like to live in Las Vegas and have your mayor offer the population up as a "qienapig" test ??? (how do you spell that We have come this far---lets not screw it up.

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    My course (Metcalfe) has a large membership with a lot of senior members (myself included if you count "senior" as 60+). After reading on other golf forums in the US about how clubs that are open have their tee sheets absolutely swamped with golfers from out-of-state where courses are closed, I'm hoping that play is restricted to members only (and possibly guests) for the first few weeks - especially if courses are still closed on the Quebec side. We have a large enough membership base to keep the course busy, and there are plenty of public and semi-private courses in the area as options.

The absolute WORST scenario is for courses to continue to allow foursomes in 2 carts (related or not) teeing off every 7-8 minutes with a full tee sheet. You thought this situation was slow before - now it will be slow and dangerous. I'm hoping course operators will be more cautious.
    I agree 100 per cent with your observations..its gonna be very very interesting

Thread Information