CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Pitching Wedge pwoods72 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    My course (Metcalfe) has a large membership with a lot of senior members (myself included if you count "senior" as 60+). After reading on other golf forums in the US about how clubs that are open have their tee sheets absolutely swamped with golfers from out-of-state where courses are closed, I'm hoping that play is restricted to members only (and possibly guests) for the first few weeks - especially if courses are still closed on the Quebec side. We have a large enough membership base to keep the course busy, and there are plenty of public and semi-private courses in the area as options.

The absolute WORST scenario is for courses to continue to allow foursomes in 2 carts (related or not) teeing off every 7-8 minutes with a full tee sheet. You thought this situation was slow before - now it will be slow and dangerous. I'm hoping course operators will be more cautious.

I don't think the US model will be the basis for club policy. The provincial governments have asked governing bodies to draft risk minimizing proposals on golf protocols so that when the decision is made, a new standard is required. WE can likely look at BC courses with restrictions such as:
    -no range or putting green open
    -increased spacing between tee times
    -reduction in groups
    -can't arrive at course more than 20 minutes before tee time (that one is a little tougher and would require a greeter to enforce)

I think its very doable and albeit my opinion is biased, but its seems a round of golf is much safer than a trip to the grocery store. People will just need to be patient and adjust expectations.

Bogie tigger12 is on a distinguished road
    Just back from Florida and like the man from Arizona said it was pretty good. The big thing I think to stop crowding here would be tee time spacing. The bottlenecks at par 3's can't happen. This may be a hard thing to do with courses understandably eager to make money.

They allowed two to a cart if you were family and I heard of some courses saying if you came in the same car then you could ride together.
    foam rings in cups
    no rakes
    no ball washers

And don't be nice and pick up a guy's golf ball to hand it to him. I had to tell 3 or 4 people politely not to.

i also curbed my natural inclination to pick up lost golf balls. unless it was a Pro V1 then I wiped it down with clorox wipes!

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar
    New Brunswick opening up courses and ranges...https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...iggs-1.5543682

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    So will 2-some teeing up at every 5 minutes work ?

As far getting covid-19 on the course, I would worry about getting ticks and Lyme disease more.

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    New Brunswick has officially opened golf courses immediately but with the usual restrictions like we have been talking about,no bar or restaurant..this might expand to the rest of Canada

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    As much as i love golf, i am also waiting for fishing season to start. I dont think any of us will ever take the things we love to do for granted. This has been a humbling experience and out of our control. Wishing everyone a safe and healthy season.

9 Iron jjw99 is on a distinguished road jjw99's Avatar
    if golf was open i be on my 4th hole right now

1 Iron golfmajic is on a distinguished road
    Not to say it is correct but Golf In Florida never ended. My Florida buddies are playing 5 days a week. No club house, no rakes in traps, no ball washers, not supposed to handle the flag, distancing, those riding it is one per cart, Pro shop doors permanently open, tree peeing encouraged to keep folks out of the washrooms. Just saying and buddy Paul had a hole in one this week. Reported that few folks at the course.

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    As much as i love golf, i am also waiting for fishing season to start. I dont think any of us will ever take the things we love to do for granted. This has been a humbling experience and out of our control. Wishing everyone a safe and healthy season.
    In the link I posted about courses re-opening in New Brunswick they mention that the delay on the spring fishing season been lifted. Salmon with fresh picked fiddleheads after a round sounds pretty sweet !

Shagging Balls dmartin is on a distinguished road
    i might be done my 1st 18

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gofish2 View Post
    In the link I posted about courses re-opening in New Brunswick they mention that the delay on the spring fishing season been lifted. Salmon with fresh picked fiddleheads after a round sounds pretty sweet !
    Salmon fishing is on my bucket list. I hope one day to be able to get out to NB and fish for salmon. Until then its bass and whatever species i catch, and release of course.

Thread Information