CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    6 Iron Lucky is on a distinguished road

Any places to hit balls outside (100 yards max)?

Does anyone know any areas around the city where one could bring a bucket of balls and hit some wedge shots ... a bit beyond that backyard distances?

Gap Wedge Maximus67 is on a distinguished road
    I think your best bet is to find a friend who has a property out in the country where you can bring a dozen balls and hit them back and forth.
    Any public (or private) property will be monitored and ticketed if found to be using any sporting equipment. At least that's the warning from city officials.

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Where do I find this warning you make reference to?

You make it sound like my son can't shoot hoops in the lane way by himself.
    Last edited by downhillslider; 04-06-2020 at 10:49 AM.

Gap Wedge Maximus67 is on a distinguished road
    If it's your own laneway then you're fine. I'm making it sound like he can't go to Goulborn Rec Centre to shoot hoops there, or shoot hoops in the courts by Kanata Rec Complex.

See this link: https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/ottawa-byl...oups-1.4879925

Also anecdotally, my neighbour was telling me about how his son and wife were chased away from a wide open green space near their place in Kanata North for throwing a frisbee around. They didn't get a ticket, but were told to leave immediately.

As I said in my original post, your best bet is to find a friend's place that has some open space because any other spot will be monitored and you'll either be chased off or given a hefty fine - or both.

I was thinking more about NCC green space or somewhere like that? Not sure what the NCC stance is but know that they have plenty of open land, some which they cut the grass too.

I know the city has closed parks/parkland for play; which I think was a knee-jerk reaction; they could easily have said no more than xx number of people in any parkland and ensure social distancing; they could also have reviewed / closed their crowded park locations and allowed all others to be kept open, when applying physical distancing; ridiculous to hear about 2 people alone in an open area throwing a frisbee being told to leave!

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Pretty scary giving that much power to a meter maid. Buddy gets an $800 fine yesterday sans warning for playing Frisbee with is dog on a soccer field in Kanata. Do that to the wrong guy and things could get real ugly in a hurry.

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    It does seem to be a lot of power to be handing out, but the reason that the field was empty, was because the rest of the people were respecting the "don't go" order. If he'd gotten a warning, he'd tell his friends you can talk your way out of it, and then there'd be more people going to the parks and fields.

Two weeks ago in Spain a buddy of mine had to keep to his apartment as police patrolled the streets in cars announcing over a loudspeaker in Spanish and English that EVERYONE is to stay home unless it's absolutely essential. As far as I know that order is still in effect.

As Sam Roberts sings ... We're All in this Together.
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    I'm in Orleans and the paths are jammed with families, dog walkers, etc. I don't see an issue with a person throwing a frisbee to another more than 6 feet apart.

Agree. If we can walk about in grocery stores 6 feet apart why can't we do it outside?

Thread Information