Quote Originally Posted by chipandput
No offense but I guess I would'n like to play with you cause I think that marking a ball is the less you can do. For me it becomes a routine( pick the ball, clean a little and putt when it's my turn)and I never waste any of my partner's time. Players that don't mark balls make me feel like they don't care for their partner's. It's only an opinion, you don't have to agree.
What I've come to learn is that as long as I do my part i.e fixing my ball marks, replacing divots ect...then I try not to worry or let other players bother me if they are not doing the same. I won't preach to them, hopefully when they see fix ball marks ect, then they will catch on and do the same. As far as letting it bother me, I try not to let it because it takes you off you're game. I find it funny though that we are preaching about golf etiquette sure I agree that there is golf etiquette that should be followed, but what about world etiquette? By that I mean, be polite not just on the course but everywhere, do onto others, and help others who are in need. Of course I could go on and on, but etiquette shouldn't simply be practiced on the course but it should be practiced in everywhere.