CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    Need a Caddy slash is on a distinguished road
    May 6
    None

5 Wood rossigm is on a distinguished road rossigm's Avatar
    The day I divorced my EX-wife I picked up the game where I left of. I also started a yearly spreadsheet of the dates I played, the courses, the price, my score and my average score........since 2006. So that's why I have all the details below.

1/ Earliest start date –
    2019 Mai 6th
    2018 April 21st
    2017 April 14th
    2016 April 16th
    Earliest start date ever March 19th, 2010

2/ # of times golfing in April –
    2019 – 0
    2018 – 4
    2017 – 3
    2016 - 4

3/ # of times golfing by mid-May –
    2019 – 4
    2018 – 8
    2017 – 7
    2016 - 7

And My current wife is a diamond in the ruff, she knows I love my golf game as much as I love her so she doesn't complain about my golfing. 50-60 games per summer + a yearly golf trip to Arizona or Myrtle Beach!!!

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rossigm View Post
    The day I divorced my EX-wife I picked up the game where I left of. I also started a yearly spreadsheet of the dates I played, the courses, the price, my score and my average score........since 2006. So that's why I have all the details below.

1/ Earliest start date –
    2019 Mai 6th
    2018 April 21st
    2017 April 14th
    2016 April 16th

2019 – 0
    2018 – 4
    2017 – 3
    2016 - 4

2019 – 4
    2018 – 8
    2017 – 7
    2016 - 7

And My current wife is a diamond in the ruff, she knows I love my golf game as much as I love her so she doesn't complain about my golfing. 50-60 games per summer + a yearly golf trip to Arizona or Myrtle Beach!!!
    A man after my own spreadsheet ... er ... I mean heart ...... I have kept similar records after picking up the game a few years back.
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

Pitching Wedge jermart is on a distinguished road

1/ Earliest start date –
    2019 Mai 6th
    2018 April 21st
    2017 April 14th
    2016 April 16th

2019 – 0
    2018 – 4
    2017 – 3
    2016 - 4

2019 – 4
    2018 – 8
    2017 – 7
    2016 - 7

Does your wife have a twin sister?

April 23
    3 times
    8 times

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Or is she part of triplets ???
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Sorry guys, there's only one

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    That pin is not infected yet
    Attached Images
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    That pin is not infected yet
    I see footsteps leading up to it. What exactly were you doing there and where have you been lately?

Hi Mister T. Behind the Champlain#10 there is a very nice trail where people jog, walk, walk their dogs etc.. It leads up to my street.
    Your dog(s) would love it there
    Mahatma Gandhi

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    Hi Mister T. Behind the Champlain#10 there is a very nice trail where people jog, walk, walk their dogs etc.. It leads up to my street.
    Your dog(s) would love it there
    Hmmm, we might just have to check that out. Now that the snow is gone we change from skijoring to canicross...
    Attached Images

Groupe Fortin - Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Update
    March 26, 2020
    To all of our members and loyal customers,
    While the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the Ottawa-Gatineau region and around the world spark feelings of concern and uncertainty, it also gives rise to a wave of solidarity and cooperation. Groupe Fortin would like to reassure you that the health and safety of its employees and customers are at the heart of its current priorities.
    Following the announcements by the Quebec and Ontario governments regarding the mandatory closures of all non-essential business and services, we would like to announce that Tecumseh and Mont Cascades golf clubs will be closed until April 13, 2020 and Manderley golf club will be closed until April 8, 2020.
    With the 2020 golf season fast approaching, all efforts are concentrated to be ready for the opening of our clubs. It will be our great pleasure to welcome you for a round of golf and to host banquets and special events just as soon as Mother Nature permits and the government restrictions have been lifted.
    Over the next few weeks, we will continue to monitor recommendations from various levels of government and public health, and will send you updates regarding the opening of the golf season.
    We thank you for your understanding and look forward to welcoming you to the 2020 golf season!
    Sincerely,
    Pierre-Hugues Fortin
    President
    Groupe Fortin
    Mahatma Gandhi

Bogie mgedit is on a distinguished road mgedit's Avatar
    Wildly optimistic ...

I agree with mgedit, and this came in from ClubEG .... also optimistic ... but these folks are in Sales !!

Message from Andy.

Unprecedented times. It’s been nice to have chatted with so many members over the past weeks as we all try to make the best of this situation.

We’ve had to postpone or cancel some of our events including some pre-season get-togethers, the Champions League Myrtle Beach trip, Trivia Night and we'll likely have to find another weekend for our annual Binghamton GolfAway.

We’re optimistic, however, that May events will continue as planned — including the 2020 Spring Opener at the Marshes — but of course only if it’s prudent to do so.

Much of the conversation the past week has been about whether courses should or should not open, and it doesn't appear that any will open until explicitly permitted by the government. Hopefully this will become more clear in the next few days.

If any golf courses do open in the meantime, we will activate them on the booking grid — and please be sure to follow any precautions noted by the course, and consider the following guidelines we're developing for our Slammer Tour match-play league:

Stay a minimum of three-yards apart from fellow golfers.

One person per powercart.

No shaking hands before, during or after the round.

No 19th hole festivities :-(

Stay away from golf courses (or anywhere) if you have any symptoms.

Leave the flagstick in.

Wash your hands!

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mgedit View Post
    Wildly optimistic ...
    I agree

Bogie mgedit is on a distinguished road mgedit's Avatar

Lob Wedge Teeroy is on a distinguished road
    I'm not sure if this is allowed in the forums..but here's a notice a buddy of mine got from his club in the Winnipeg area. they are opening, but have a slew of rules..but there may be hope?

INFORMATION REGARDING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
    At the present time, the [Club Name] plans to open for the 2020 season. We are following the Health Canada Framework for Risk-Informed Decision-Making for Workplaces and Businesses during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
    Our number one priority is the safety, health, and well-being of our staff and customers.
    Key measures are being implemented by the [Club Name] focussing on satisfying requirements for mitigation, which are social-distancing, environmental cleaning, reduce crowding, and removing/mitigating high touch services.
    Members and the public must abide by all contingency measures put into place, without exception. Failure to strictly abide by all requirements established by the [Club Name] can result in the closing of the golf course operations.
    The following information lists various changes, contingency measures, and procedures for the various operations at the [Club Name] which are in place until further notice.
    CLUB HOUSE AND FOOD & BEVERAGE OPERATIONS
    - Maintain social-distancing (2 meters or 6 feet) at all times
    - Table service in the restaurant is closed
    - A limited food menu will be posted
    - Quick service foods will be available on beverage carts and in the Club House
    - Washrooms will remain open, sanitized and stocked
    - An effective environmental cleaning program will be conducted in washrooms, counters, pay points, debit machines, and kitchen areas
    - All locker rooms will be closed until further notice
    - On-course beverage cart service will be available, using limited cash. Cash transactions will not involve providing of any change for your purchase
    - Beverage cart personnel will be observing and conducting social-distancing and conducting sanitizing operations. Customers are not to touch any products on the beverage carts or the beverage cart itself. Please respect the server’s distance.
    [Club Name] PRO SHOP OPERATIONS
    - There will be no loitering in the Pro Shop. Access and flow of people in the Pro Shop will be controlled
    - Members and public are to conduct transactions quickly and leave the Pro Shop immediately
    - An effective environmental cleaning program will be conducted at counters, pay points, debit machines and other high touch services in the Pro Shop
    - Pencils will not be provided in the Pro Shop
    - Score cards will be self-serve in the Pro Shop and at 2nd Hole tee box
    - Seed bottles will be sanitized after each use. Used and sanitized seed bottles will be clearly identified, and a drop-off for used seed bottles will be provided
    - All power carts and pull carts will be cleaned and sanitized after each use
    - Member club-cleaning and bag handling by Pro Shop staff is cancelled. Club storage will continue
    - Rental clubs will not be available until further notice
    - Hand sanitizer will be made available at the Pro Shop pay point and also for staff (front, back shop, starters, marshals)
    - Marshalls will sanitize the portable washroom facilities on the course on a continuous basis
    - Pro Shop cash transactions will not involve providing of any change for your purchase. Use exact cash or debit/credit card.
    ON-COURSE PLAY FOR MEMBERS AND PUBLIC
    - If you are sick don’t come to the golf course
    - Plan to arrive no earlier than 30 minutes before your scheduled tee time
    - “Tailgate” gatherings of people will not be allowed in the [Club Name] parking lot
    - There will be no holes or pins on the practice putting green. Use tees to practice putting
    - Only single riders will be allowed in [Club Name] power carts, unless both riders are from the same household
    - Only single riders will be allowed in privately-owned power carts, unless both riders are from the same household
    - Pencils will not be provided in the Pro Shop nor in power carts
    - Score cards will be self-serve in the Pro Shop and at 2nd Hole tee box
    - Ball washers on the course will not be operational. Bring your own wet towel for your own personal use
    - Seed boxes on the course will be removed. Fill your seed bottle(s) before starting your round
    - Pin flags will remain on the greens. Pins are not to be touched nor removed at any time. Removing or touching a pin/flag with a gloved or covered hand is strictly forbidden
    - Do not remove the “pool noodle” insert in the holes
    - There will be no rakes placed into any bunkers until further notice. Players are required to smooth out sand areas using your feet or club. You may take a free drop into the bunker without penalty
    - Keep hand sanitizer in your golf bag and use it frequently throughout your round
    - Do not touch other players golf balls, clubs, or ball markers
    - Clean your golf glove(s)
    - Sanitize your own power carts and pull carts
    - Refrain from hunting for or picking up “found golf balls”
    - Return your used seed bottle to the appropriate drop off location
    - Maintain social-distancing (2 meters or 6 feet) after your round.
    The modifications and changes listed above have been developed in accordance with guidance information provided by the governing federal, provincial, and municipal health regulatory agencies. As such the revised procedures must be strictly adhered to by everyone or we all run the risk of the golf course closing. As time goes by and regulatory requirements change, the [Club Name] will review and revise our contingency plans and operations accordingly. For now, please familiarize yourself with these changes, and we will keep you advised of changes and updates.
    Stay healthy and safe and let’s all do our part in limiting the spread of COVID-19 virus.

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    the notice posted by Teeroy from the course located near 'Peg is well written and thought out. When we get the green light to hit the links I hope people will be respectful of the local clubs rules and I would expect local rules to follow the guide lines posted above.
    Given the current circumstances I have no issue 'ratting' anyone out for not complying. Not typically my style but times they are a changin'.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I agree and have absolutely no problem following rules if it gets me on the links sooner than later. I just re-shafted my irons and took my time (i have some like everyone else) so I spined them, flo'ed them, frequency matched to my specs, swing weighted them now I am waiting on a little snow to melt to set-up my net in my trailer parking area beside my driveway.

Bring on the rules I am ready!!!!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Wannamaker brucestats is on a distinguished road brucestats's Avatar
    I think if we take social distancing seriously, its hard to see golf courses opening up anytime soon. Parking lots would get full, foursomes galore, doesnt make alot of sense at the present time. At best, courses should have reserved times spaced 20 minutes apart, with perhaps a maximum of 2 golfers per tee time. I think anything more than that is way too risky. Habits are hard to change.
    My paycheck goes to my dogs.

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    after having played far less golf than my norm the past two years I was really looking forward to more rounds this year.... but I am not going to put myself at risk. I can't see myself golfing until mid June, best case. Golf may start sooner but I will wait patiently. This should teach all of us to savor the moment when it comes around, I will no longer take my rounds for granted. I agree with Bruce that tee times should be staggered , I am going to suggest 4-some's every 15 mins.
    I feel bad for the local golf industry, last year was not stellar and this year is looking like it could be tough.*

This will make the 3rd consecutive sub-par year for golf courses. That sucks big time as it will mean the end of a couple or few.

Here's an article from the Waterloo Record dated March 24..

WATERLOO REGION — Less than a week after opening for the 2020 season, Waterloo Region golf courses will be closed for at least the next 14 days to further contain the spread of COVID-19.

The Ontario government ordered the move Tuesday, as part of the mandatory closure of all non-essential workplaces.

The Cambridge Golf Club, Brookfield Golf Club and nine holes at the Conestoga Golf and Conference Centre opened Thursday of last week. The Grand Valley Golf and Country Club had previously been open with tarps covering greens.

Cambridge native Ian Leggatt, a former PGA Tour player and current director of golf at the Summit Golf Club in Richmond Hill, has shared his opinion on Twitter in recent days and suggested Sunday that players stay away.

He wrote: "Those thinking about going to a public golf course and playing should stay away but donate a (percentage) of your green fee to keep the people that will be there when we all come back to play afloat. Private members, please pay your dues...same applies. We need golf to survive this period!"

In a Tuesday reply to a Golfweek article that suggested ways to stay safe on the course, Leggatt didn't hold back.

"How about just staying away, period?! Stop making this seem so cavalier for people to get outside to play. We are enabling this disease. Golf associations around the world are shutting down the game. Do we need more deaths/cases before you stop writing articles that it's safe?"

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Last night’s announcement removes any doubt. I’d say we are looking at June 1st at the earliest

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    Last night’s announcement removes any doubt. I’d say we are looking at June 1st at the earliest

What announcement?

What announcement?
    Ford’s announcement yesterday evening regarding the closing of all public or private outdoor recreational areas. I have to believe this includes all golf courses in the province.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Did he really make that announcement ???
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Whether Ford announced it or not, Leggat's statement puts it in perspective. We will see covid numbers get substantially worse throughout May. Health issues will be of primary concern.

I love golf. My wife is a nurse, and this situation scares the crap out of me. A month ago I was saying that maybe authorities and media were overblowing the situation. She said I was just plain wrong. I was. The doctors and health professionals I personally know are downright frightened with what's to come. We are not as prepared as people believe. Hopefully the crisis will be "contained". Currently, golf is very distant in my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by jermart View Post
    Whether Ford announced it or not, Leggat's statement puts it in perspective. We will see covid numbers get substantially worse throughout May. Health issues will be of primary concern.

I love golf. My wife is a nurse, and this situation scares the crap out of me. A month ago I was saying that maybe authorities and media were overblowing the situation. She said I was just plain wrong. I was. The doctors and health professionals I personally know are downright frightened with what's to come. We are not as prepared as people believe. Hopefully the crisis will be "contained". Currently, golf is very distant in my thoughts.
    Regarding the comment whether Ford announced it or not I’m not in the habit of making things up. If anyone wants to know what was said exactly throw in it a google search. The question is how it applies to golf. It isn’t implicitly stated but the reference to outdoor recreation activities would lead me to believe it falls under the same blanket.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    Regarding the comment whether Ford announced it or not I’m not in the habit of making things up. If anyone wants to know what was said exactly throw in it a google search. The question is how it applies to golf. It isn’t implicitly stated but the reference to outdoor recreation activities would lead me to believe it falls under the same blanket.
    Hey Johnny. I was not insinuating you had made the announcement up. Sorry you took it that way. My point was that regardless of what is or isn’t open, I’m very hesitant to take health risks for my family, myself and the general public.

Habitual poster adam is on a distinguished road adam's Avatar
    My (hopeful/biased) reading of the announcement about closing "communal or shared, public or private, outdoor recreational amenities" was that golf courses would not be covered. My guess is that golf courses will fall under non-essential businesses ordered to close in Ontario and Quebec into early-mid April, but we'll have to wait and see about clarifications/extensions on either of these topics.

Stay healthy everyone!
    Even I've never heard of me

I’m assuming this is not an April Fools article .... https://golf.swingbyswing.com/lifest...al-distancing/

Add then these guys are defying all logic .... https://ottawasun.com/sports/golf/14...5-f1430aaf5ec0

Thread Information