CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Gap Wedge The Enigma is on a distinguished road
    I'll be removing gloves to swing...gloves and face mask when interfacing with others...single rider carts...I'm ready

I'm hoping for an opening... the day after the long weekend...expecting June 1st-ish

1 Iron golfmajic is on a distinguished road
    The Ottawa Citizen reads from 11 hours ago "Common sense will prevail with Ford opening golf courses very soon" followed by an opinion type article, its online if you are interested. Just Posting what is there.

Lob Wedge Teeroy is on a distinguished road
    The number of new cases should not be the measuring stick in when to open courses at this point given this: What has really boiled my blood over the past week is the opening of garden centres. Nothing against people wanting to get their gardens going, but in what universe is hordes of people descending on gardening centres on a Mothers Day weekend safer than a group of 2 or 4 people going out for a walk every 10 minutes on acres of golf course?? The Ontario minister of health must be a gardener...not a golfer��. If Mike Harris was still premier, the golf courses would have opened a couple of weeks ago.

5 Wood rossigm is on a distinguished road rossigm's Avatar
    It seems like the entire province of Québec is being kept in lock down because of the situation in the Montreal area. Out of 38 000 cases in Québec, 31 400 are in the Montreal area!!!!

L'Outaouais only counts 346 cases and 8 deaths which 5 all came from the same retirement home for long term illness.

Come on start opening business and golf courses region by region !!!!

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/info/202.../index-en.html

6 Iron Lucky is on a distinguished road
    Journalist on twitter indicated rumours of announcement coming this week regarding the opening of golf in Ontario; unsure if it's for this weekend or after this weekend.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeroy View Post
    The number of new cases should not be the measuring stick in when to open courses at this point given this: What has really boiled my blood over the past week is the opening of garden centres. Nothing against people wanting to get their gardens going, but in what universe is hordes of people descending on gardening centres on a Mothers Day weekend safer than a group of 2 or 4 people going out for a walk every 10 minutes on acres of golf course?? The Ontario minister of health must be a gardener...not a golfer��. If Mike Harris was still premier, the golf courses would have opened a couple of weeks ago.
    that boils your blood? Try going for a walk. Garden centres have a very small window to make $, and mothers day is their biggest day of the year. We're you going to go golfing in the flurries this past weekend? Golf will be open soon enough and we can all relax.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Pitching Wedge pwoods72 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
    Journalist on twitter indicated rumours of announcement coming this week regarding the opening of golf in Ontario; unsure if it's for this weekend or after this weekend.
    Just an announcement as to when they can open would be great at this point. I'll be watching the testing numbers closely this week. Not that I agree with using number of positive cases as the main basis for re-opening but that is the measure Ontario stated in their framework.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Well there you have it folks, in true politician fashion, Premier Ford had his daily press announcement, where he announced that he was going to have an announcement Thursday.
    Andrew

8 Iron cpal is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    Well there you have it folks, in true politician fashion, Premier Ford had his daily press announcement, where he announced that he was going to have an announcement Thursday.
    LOL yup, but Thursday is supposed to unveil new dates for additional "low risk" and "seasonal" businesses to open. I have to imagine golf will be included. Let's hope for a May 16 openeing!

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    I won't bet on it, but if he does not announce the courses can open then you know there must be something else that we can't see.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Pitching Wedge Budapest is on a distinguished road
    Trending on Twitter. LA expected to extend lockdown another 3 months.

not sure who this guy is but he's expecting this weekend for Ontario.

https://twitter.com/adam_stanley/sta...52584156323842

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    He's an Ottawa freelance journalist, just became my new favourite Ottawa freelance journalist!
    Andrew

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Well it would be nice but where are the regulations that everyone has to follow ??? No big deal to cancel the tee-sheet if it does not happen---just adding to the hype in my opinion. We have waited so long for this why can't it be done with some actual thinking behind it ???
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Well it would be nice but where are the regulations that everyone has to follow ??? No big deal to cancel the tee-sheet if it does not happen---just adding to the hype in my opinion. We have waited so long for this why can't it be done with some actual thinking behind it ???
    It will be announced Thursday and am hearing Saturday is the day golf will open. In terms of regulations, I am sure there has been lots of thinking put into it. A little more lead time would have been good but it's not like there isn't a precedent for already set in other states and provinces and won't be tough for most to follow.

Come on Legault!! At least stand down on the bridges!

Quote Originally Posted by pwoods72 View Post
    Come on Legault!! At least stand down on the bridges!
    Gonna suck for Royal Ottawa members who live in Ottawa otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Gonna suck for Royal Ottawa members who live in Ottawa otherwise.
    But at least they'll be able to play somewhere while us in Quebec will look at the empty courses and whimper as we drive by.

1 Iron golfmajic is on a distinguished road
    Golf allowed to open this saturday in ontario!!!

8 Iron cpal is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    It will be announced Thursday and am hearing Saturday is the day golf will open. In terms of regulations, I am sure there has been lots of thinking put into it. A little more lead time would have been good but it's not like there isn't a precedent for already set in other states and provinces and won't be tough for most to follow.
    Wouldn't shock me if golf associations haven't already been given indications of guidelines behind the scenes.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    We are expecting a big announcement this afternoon for all sports in Québec !!! Hoping of good news

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    Interesting dilemma if Quebec doesn't open their courses.

Im a fixture here mathc38 is on a distinguished road mathc38's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmajic View Post
    Golf allowed to open this saturday in ontario!!!
    I do believe it has to be made official Thursday first.

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    Club eg is booking spots on their site.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Golf is open in quÉbec !!!! You herd it here first boys and girls

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Wow, I am surprised with the continuing trend of cases n that Province, I guess money is more important. Easy to self-distance playing golf I guess. They want to send their kids back to school as well, that seems 100% irresponsible to me.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Wow, I am surprised with the continuing trend of cases n that Province, I guess money is more important. Easy to self-distance playing golf I guess. They want to send their kids back to school as well, that seems 100% irresponsible to me.
    I agree Luc about the kids but its on a voluntary basis. I hope this does not backfire. Hopefully this will help ease the anxiety that people have been struggling with. Also, fishing and tennis are open.Just called MRC des Collines and was given the go ahead for fishing but not on NCC land yet.

Administrator MikeRaganold is on a distinguished road MikeRaganold's Avatar

Confirmed by Ottawa area golf course operators

I have confirmed with several Ottawa area golf course operators that they are preparing to open this weekend based on the following report:

TSN reports: Report: Ontario golf courses set to open

It appears golf courses in Ontario will be open this weekend for the first time this season after the COVID-19 pandemic hit the province and the rest of Canada over two months ago, according to Adam Stanley of PGATour.com.

Stanley says the announcement will be made on Thursday as part of Premier Doug Ford's daily news conference.

https://www.tsn.ca/report-ontario-go...kend-1.1475225

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Golf is open in quÉbec !!!! You herd it here first boys and girls
    I saw the announcement of golf opening "soon". Do you have any insider information as to when?

Got My Card btasse is on a distinguished road btasse's Avatar
    Emerald Links taking tee times. 12 min between times. Not sure if that will be part of protocols for all courses.
    Golfing only thing on my mind.......

Thread Information