CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    IMO the courses could potentially open and if self governed with social distancing you could play golf easily.
    The courses themselves are huge and if you had a bunch of friends in the same group , you could be responsible and respectful of yourself & others, while still having a game of golf.
    However, with the provincial rules & guidelines, I dont think were gonna get on a course anytime soon...I hope I'm wrong
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I don't disagree though it's tough to allow one thing and not another and in general sends a mixed message to the public. That and there are lots of covidiots out there that can't seem to follow any sort of rules put into place.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road
    My understanding is that courses here in Ontario will be permitted to have a minimum maintenance staff so that at least some work can be done. This will allow for courses to at least be ready whenever they can open again.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I received this from one of the courses I love to play near Orlando. Golf is considered an essential activity by the governor of Florida

COVID-19 Update - April 1st, 2020
    Per Governor DeSantis' Executive Order, RedTail Golf Club and all golf courses WILL REMAIN OPEN
    Our Golf Course Is Open & Hawk's Restaurant Is Open for Take Out and To-Go Orders ONLY. No seating.
    • One person is allowed per golf cart, there is no exception to this and no sharing allowed
    • Our doors will remain open so there is no need to touch any doors or door handles anywhere on property
    • We encourage you to pay your green fees over the phone when you make your booking. If you prefer to pay when you arrive, our staff will be wearing gloves 100% of the time while on shift
    • If you are paying with a credit card, you may insert the payment yourself and it will be hands free with no interaction with our staff. There is no need to sign a receipt as long as we are able to verify with your ID
    • Our normal best practices are still in effect throughout the facility: Carts are thoroughly sanitized, range balls are sanitized and we have upgraded our flag sticks as you will see in the photo below
    WE ARE OPEN TO PLAY! Golf is for great exercise and we encourage you to do so. You may ride solo in your cart and we are allowing you to walk the course anytime (per golf shop approval)
    • If you require your order be delivered in the RedTail community please let us know
    • Our Snack Cart is available while playing golf
    • The restaurant dining area is closed and we have take out and to-go orders available
    • The gym and fitness facilities will be closed
    • The pool will be closed
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    COVID-19 Update - April 1st, 2020
    Per Governor DeSantis' Executive Order, Kings Ridge Golf Club and all golf courses WILL REMAIN OPEN
    Our Golf Course Is Open & Our Snack Stand is available for Take Out and To-Go Orders ONLY! No seating.
    • One person is allowed per golf cart, there is no exception to this and no sharing allowed
    • Our doors will remain open so there is no need to touch any doors or door handles anywhere on property
    • We encourage you to pay your green fees over the phone when you make your booking. If you prefer to pay when you arrive, our staff will be wearing gloves 100% of the time while on shift
    • If you are paying with a credit card, you may insert the payment yourself and it will be hands free with no interaction with our staff. There is no need to sign a receipt as long as we are able to verify with your ID
    • Our normal best practices are still in effect throughout the facility: Carts are thoroughly sanitized, range balls are sanitized and we have upgraded our flag sticks as you will see in the photo below
    WE ARE OPEN TO PLAY! Golf is for great exercise and we encourage you to do so. You may ride solo in your cart and we are allowing you to walk the course anytime (per golf shop approval)
    BOOK YOUR TEE TIMES

Our golf course is still open and we have tee times available. Please remember it is important to get out and exercise and golf is the perfect way to do so! Thank you all for your support and understanding.

www.kingsridgegc.com

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Here is the actual release

Wednesday, April 1st, Governor DeSantis issued Executive Order 2020-91. The EO states that effective April 3 at 12:01, all persons in Florida shall limit their movements and personal interactions outside of their home to only those necessary to obtain or provide essential services or conduct essential activities until April 30. Per confirmation through the Governor’s Office, Golf is considered an essential activity as long as proper social distancing is maintained. Proper Social Distancing includes one person per cart, no exceptions!

Please continue your part and operate your facilities with exemplary practices and monitory your golfers to ensure they are using proper social distancing regardless of where they are on the property.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    My understanding is that courses here in Ontario will be permitted to have a minimum maintenance staff so that at least some work can be done. This will allow for courses to at least be ready whenever they can open again.
    This is reasonable.

What's happening in Florida is scary. They are just now realizing that restrictions are required, yet letting golf courses stay open.
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

Bogie mikelaurin is on a distinguished road
    I would not be surprised to see Courses open at all this year, and some
    to be gone for good ,I hope this not the case

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Too bad I came home-but glad I did. We could have played those courses for 1/2 the money although King's Ridge was starting to get a little beat up. Celebration sent me a note saying they would allow me to play for 55.00 down from 125.00 (non resident) I won't say what my reply was. Wonder how many of these high end courses will still be around next year. We played Kings--Plantation--Arlington--Solivita--Big Cyprus--Red Tail--Deer Island all in the neighborhood of 35.00 after 1:00---all were worth every cent. We did not need Disney or any of the resort courses as they get pretty beaten up by the 1st of March anyway. Don't know what will happen for next year---won't plan on packing before the day we leave

On the home front I sent a note to EG asking if any plans were in the works for a shortened season---all I got was "we were basically waiting to see"---nothing specific. After watching this mornings news I think the writing is on the wall
    All we can do is sit tight and be safe

We did quarantine for 16 days---got groceries this morning and was shocked by the attitude of some folks------this is going to get worse before it gets better.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelaurin View Post
    I would not be surprised to see Courses open at all this year, and some
    to be gone for good ,I hope this not the case
    I wouldn’t write the season off just yet but we aren’t playing this spring. Not locally anyway. But the second part is what scares me. The ripple effect down the road. How do small businesses ride this out? How do golf courses survive? It has me worried. The smoke and mirrors taking place in the stock market right now is no reflection of what’s happening in the economy. It’s going to be very bad.

Bogie mikelaurin is on a distinguished road
    More smoke in the market I know my Mutual funds have an awful burn mark, If Courses can open I see discounts to get Golfers out .Most wont get a membership short season,

Quote Originally Posted by mikelaurin View Post
    More smoke in the market I know my Mutual funds have an awful burn mark, If Courses can open I see discounts to get Golfers out .Most wont get a membership short season,
    The TSX was actually up for the week. People have priced in an April recovery. If this lasts longer, which I strongly believe it will, we could be talking about a depression and not a recession.

I see a course near Montreal have put out their regulations for playing at their course and to protect against COVID once they are allowed to open. It is in French but I translated.

Obviously with the COVID-19 pandemic, the day when golf clubs can receive their first customers of the season will undoubtedly be different from all the other first days of the season! Many behaviors will have changed; we will all have to get used to it.
    We share with you below a few measures that will be implemented at the opening of the club.
    Staff awareness and training
    Installation of stations with hydroalcoholic gel
    Contactless or prepaid online payment only.
    Remove all merchandise from the counter
    Customers with prepaid access will be directed directly to the departure
    Pencils & score cards only on request
    Removing ball washers
    Temporarily remove rakes for bunkers
    Advise players to leave the flag in the cup at all times. Consider raising the cup to an inch from the surface of the green, simply hitting the target with the ball.
    Closure of one practice area out of 2 in order to respect social distancing.
    Add a hand washing station and a reminder poster
    Close the practice green or put in place social distancing measures such as bringing your own balls, target tutors rather than the flags.
    Only one customer at the pro shop at a time
    Lefty Lucas

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    I can't see courses being allowed to operate since parks and sports facilities are closed till June 30.

Agreed, I think courses are trying to provide ways to allow a safe outing once restrictions are removed. I am still getting all kinds of specials from courses in FLA and they are doing these types of provision to allow play.
    Lefty Lucas

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Agreed, I think courses are trying to provide ways to allow a safe outing once restrictions are removed. I am still getting all kinds of specials from courses in FLA and they are doing these types of provision to allow play.
    Too bad they didn't offer these prices when we were there I wonder how many courses will not reopen next year---they depend on the "snowbirds". If there is no medical insurance available that will be a real hit. Time will tell
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Groupe Fortin - Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Update
    April 7, 2020
    To all of our members and loyal customers,
    As we continue to monitor the updates announced by government and health officials, we would like to inform you that our golf courses will continue to remain closed until further notice. For the time being, non-essential businesses in Quebec must remain closed until May 4 and those in Ontario until April 19.
    Despite these forced closures, governments have confirmed that we are able to maintain our golf courses for tasks that are deemed as essential towards protecting, preserving and preventing damage to our properties. This would include the removal of tarps off of greens, necessary turf cutting, inspections, security, etc. While performing these maintenance activities we will ensure that all precautionary measures are in place for the safety of our staff; including social distancing, hand washing, workspace cleaning, etc.
    For the security of our staff, for insurance reasons and to help counter the spread of the COVID-19 virus, we kindly request that you DO NOT CIRCULATE ON OUR PROPERTIES until the restrictions have been lifted. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
    Over the next few weeks, we will continue to monitor recommendations from all levels of government and from public health officials, and we will continue to send you updates regarding the opening of the 2020 golf season.
    We hope that you are all safe and healthy. We look forward to seeing you once the restrictions have been lifted! Until then, stay home and exercise caution for yourself and others. Better days are coming soon!!
    Sincerely,
    Pierre-Hugues Fortin
    President
    Groupe Fortin
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    Pineview has barriers set up on the south entrance to the parking lot.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Yep, Buckingham staying closed at least till May 4th also. Email was sent to members by the pro who asked to encourage and buy from his pro shop. Buy local boys and girls !!!

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Golf courses aim to be among first wave of Quebec businesses to reopen:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...ases-1.5528858
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    Golf courses aim to be among first wave of Quebec businesses to reopen:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...ases-1.5528858
    All businesses will aim to be the first to open. I’m cheering for golf in May (or sooner &#128522 but I still have June 1st circled. Anything sooner will be a bonus. In the meantime just throw whatever money you have in the stock market and add another 25% to your savings. Seems like the marker completely dismisses any sort of bad news and is only moving higher.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    As much as i miss golf, fishing is more on my mind these days. Will wait to see what the goverment will say about it. I feel that its safe enough if you are in different crafts (canoe, kayak, boat etc..) so it should not be an issue.

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    As much as i miss golf, fishing is more on my mind these days. Will wait to see what the goverment will say about it. I feel that its safe enough if you are in different crafts (canoe, kayak, boat etc..) so it should not be an issue.
    word has it you spend more time fishing for your golf balls..🤔⛳

Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    word has it you spend more time fishing for your golf balls..🤔⛳
    LOL, i dont even own a ball retriever.

Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road
    June 1st would be good and realistic I believe but I would accept sooner!! One year I was living in Nfld, first tee time of the year was July 18!!

LOL, i dont even own a ball retriever.
    good golfers don't need one I guess 🍺

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    June 1st would be good and realistic I believe but I would accept sooner!! One year I was living in Nfld, first tee time of the year was July 18!!
    and last tee off was august,then winter..lol

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar

rich golfers don't need one

No its because i cant hit the ball far enough to reach the hazards lol

No its because i cant hit the ball far enough to reach the hazards lol
    .women's tee box is much closer..🥴

Thread Information