CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar

Ottawa/Gatineau Golf Show

Just wondering if anyone went? What were your thoughts?

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I did go cause i was near and was picking up my daughter at the airport. Dissapointed. Nothing like the old show at the OAC. The highlite was the Canadian having all the new equipp.and you could demo clubs. Cost me 22.00 with parking.

Im a fixture here Leftymoose is on a distinguished road Leftymoose's Avatar
    I will agree with Marcos in terms of cost. I never attended one of the older shows so I had nothing to compare it to but I would assume shows in Torobto area would blow this one out of the water.

Went on the Saturday. It was nice to demo clubs from the Canadian with TM, Cobra, Srixon and Titleist. My son was able to take advantage of the kids zone because there were almost no kids there at all. I was there for one of the live auctions which weren't too bad to get involved in and there were some decent deals to be had.
    I like to call it a power fade

3 Wood Jasonreg is on a distinguished road
    It was pretty disappointing. We go every year - kinda kicks off the season for us and it is great to see some friends out at the show but when the biggest attractions are the beer tasting (OK maybe I get this), the ax throwing and the auction, one wonders …..I also find it expensive for what you get.....though we will go next year again I expect ….what was that definition of insanity again …..

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonreg View Post
    It was pretty disappointing. We go every year - kinda kicks off the season for us and it is great to see some friends out at the show but when the biggest attractions are the beer tasting (OK maybe I get this), the ax throwing and the auction, one wonders …..I also find it expensive for what you get.....though we will go next year again I expect ….what was that definition of insanity again …..
    Whats with that axe throwing LOL. I dont get it but yes, the beer tasting was okey Les.

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Whats with that axe throwing LOL. I dont get it but yes, the beer tasting was okey Les.
    was the axe throwing before or after the beers

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    nothing like having a couple of pints and then picking up an axe to toss around
    reminds me of my youth ....

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    I think there is a lot in common between axe throwing and golf ... just ask Matt Avery

https://usatgolfweek.files.wordpress...0&h=600&crop=1
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

7 Wood strong49 is on a distinguished road strong49's Avatar
    Was the last visit for me . When the most interesting booth is the micro beer( Marcos) i'm not there anymore. Don't get me wrong i'm an avid golfer, it's just that after so many years it's becoming to be the same story over and over. Must be the same at the boat show . lol!

In 1/2 hour i had seen everything even by taking my time.

Hitting clubs at demo booths is not the same, everything is different now. Years before you were grabbing a club in the demo bag and were hitting balls as lon as you weren't seing someone waiting after you..

Now they have to screw the head to the shaft and you don't really want to have them to look over you .

You just want to swing with no one over your shoulder and take a bit of rust away and have fun hitting 10 or 15 ball in a net 25 feet from you without having to buy a club

There you go.

Quote Originally Posted by eez View Post
    I think there is a lot in common between axe throwing and golf ... just ask Matt Avery

https://usatgolfweek.files.wordpress...0&h=600&crop=1

Now thats funny. lol Thanks for sharing

Thread Information