CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road

Jacobson's Single Plane Swing

On Golf Central, Brandel Chamblee described and diagrammed Peter Jacobson's single plane swing. He traced Jake's hands going back with white dots and his hands coming down with red ones. Because the red dots were outside the white dots, he then explained this is an "over the top" swing, that sometimes an "over the top swing," is good and a large number of great ball strikers did/do this. It was obvious, however, that Jake's down swing was ON PLANE and not outside as Chamblee inferred. ON PLANE to me means that if I was to attach a laser pointer to the hozel of his club, the beam would be pointing to the target line or target line extended when the club head becomes closer to the ground than the shaft in the downswing, or, when the hands are just below hip high in the downswing, the shaft covers the right forearm.

What Jacobson does is that he takes the club well inside and under the downswing plane and his hands/arms then move a little outward to get back ON PLANE, but they do NOT appear to be coming "over the top," as Chamblee says he does. OTT means that the ball would start left of the target line and Jake's shots appeared to draw.

Should Chamblee stay out of the swing analysis business or am I missing something here? Mr. Laville?

BTW: The greatest ball striker ever, MOE NORMAN, also came out at the start of the downswing , but was not over the top.

Sand Wedge SwingGuru is on a distinguished road
    You are correct in your analysis. I think what Chamblee was meaning to say got lost in translation somehow as the thoughts went from his brain down and out his mouth!

I can only think of a couple of players whose hands don't loop out on the downswing: Mark 0'Meara, and notably Jim Furyk. The rest all do what Jake does. Jake has the best swing in golf IMHO.
    [url="http://www.swingsensations.com"]http://www.swingsensations.com[/url]

Get your game online....

Thread Information