CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar

Spring (well almost)

Hope everyone is enjoying winter as much as i am. NOT !!!! LOL. Something to brighten your day a bit, almost 60 days until spring. Go get them clubs ready.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Mine are at the PING fitting centre getting bent for me, they will be back soon!!!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road
    You should fly out to pick them up and play a few rounds just to make sure they are perfect��

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Mine are at the PING fitting centre getting bent for me, they will be back soon!!!
    Luc, what are you playing these days?

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I have the G410 irons and the G400 hybrids. I bought the G410s piecemeal so once my set was complete I sent them out to PING to bend to my specs, why not it's free, you just pay the shipping one way. They bend them and re-color the code on the club to what they bent them to.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    I have the G410 irons and the G400 hybrids. I bought the G410s piecemeal so once my set was complete I sent them out to PING to bend to my specs, why not it's free, you just pay the shipping one way. They bend them and re-color the code on the club to what they bent them to.
    Sweet sticks. Hope you have a great season buddy

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Based on the mild winter so far dare I say it could be an early spring
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Shagging Balls dmartin is on a distinguished road
    do not piss off Mother Nature !!! do hope your right

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Based on the mild winter so far dare I say it could be an early spring
    Nice one Jeff , that's early spring cursed then ...lol
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Spring will come when it does, maybe someone with greenskeeper knowledge can chime in and let us know with the way winter has rolled out so far if they feel the greens will be damaged like last year. We have had early snow then thaw then more snow then thaw then rain, then freezing, what does that do to the greens????
    Lefty Lucas

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    We can always rely on Marc to set the ball rolling Speaking of----you should have seen my 60 foot putt yesterday Played Royal St Cloud with the women---life is good Sorry guys, just had to
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    We can always rely on Marc to set the ball rolling Speaking of----you should have seen my 60 foot putt yesterday Played Royal St Cloud with the women---life is good Sorry guys, just had to
    The only ball rolling here today my friend are snowballs.LOL Freekin cold in the valley. Glad that you are enjoying the warm weather.

I played RSTCL a couple of times, the first time was so cool as there was fog and it was lifting, made you think you were in Scottland. The second time it was definitely a Floridian day as a large alligator decided to stroll across a large fairway, my friend told me to aim just left of the alligator for my tee shot, you don't hear that very often!
    Lefty Lucas

My friend is in Tampa right now, he played Wentworrh and Plantation Palms. He said Wentworth was fabulous and PP was good too but the green s at PP were the fastest he ever played on and too hard to boot but the layout was very good.

I just got my clubs back from PING so heading to the dome this week
    Lefty Lucas

Wow how nice is it out today. Just went for a walk with just a sweater on, no coat !!! Come on spring

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    well, other than the 20cm we will get on Wednesday but yes, it's beautiful out today!
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    well, other than the 20cm we will get on Wednesday but yes, it's beautiful out today!
    Right, like the weatherman has never lied to us before...

Back to winter lol

Well we were 70cm short of the average snowfall so far this year so we are still ok to be optimistic!!!
    Lefty Lucas

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    We ended up officially getting 17 cm (YMMV). No big deal.

I don't really care, because I have sports that I love in the winter and I golf in the summer. What I really wish for is a quick transition in the spring and fall.

So in spring if all the snow is gone in a week and its time to play golf, then I'm happy. If there is snow on the ground until the middle of April until that week happens, then I'm OK with that. In fall if we get 40 cm of snow on one day in November, then I'm still happy. If we have a "green" Christmas and a few die-hard courses (like Cedar Glen) are still open, then I'm OK with that too.

What I don't like is when you can't play golf and you can't do anything else either.

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar
    wentworth is a great course and I used to play it regularly when I wintered in Tarpon Springs. Now that we are on the Atlantic I do my playing around Canaveral and would appreciate any tips for tracks within an hours drive.

Thread Information