CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter McDuff is on a distinguished road

Orlando Golf Scene

I'm heading to Orlando (FLA) in late February for a week or so.
    Any info on golf scene (course quality, deals, etc...) would be appreciated.
    Cheers.

Gap Wedge Kosmo is on a distinguished road Kosmo's Avatar
    Hi, I'm in Orlando now. I'm using Teeoff.com and Supreme Golf to book tee times. Surpreme gives you the opportunity to compare pricing between Tee Off and Golf Now. There is another site, based out of Montreal, I believe, it's Canam Golf. I have not used them yet, but seem to have some good deals arranged. We've played Celebration a couple of times, nice shape, green fees have gone up since mid-January. Highlands Reserve, Remington and Grenelefe. Not spectacular courses, but beats anything we can play in Ottawa.

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    check out Falcon's Fire in Kissimmee, nice layout, well priced and good customer service. If you like the course they can set you up with a 3-day membership deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmo View Post
    Hi, I'm in Orlando now. I'm using Teeoff.com and Supreme Golf to book tee times. Surpreme gives you the opportunity to compare pricing between Tee Off and Golf Now. There is another site, based out of Montreal, I believe, it's Canam Golf. I have not used them yet, but seem to have some good deals arranged. We've played Celebration a couple of times, nice shape, green fees have gone up since mid-January. Highlands Reserve, Remington and Grenelefe. Not spectacular courses, but beats anything we can play in Ottawa.
    Thanks for the info Kosmo.
    We're staying just down the road from the Celebration course, so that one is definitely penciled in.
    Have you had a chance to try the Royal St. Cloud?

Thanks again, and enjoy the rest of your stay.

Quote Originally Posted by cleek View Post
    check out Falcon's Fire in Kissimmee, nice layout, well priced and good customer service. If you like the course they can set you up with a 3-day membership deal.
    Thanks for the tip Cleek.
    Our hotel is less than five miles from Falcon's Fire, so it's definitely on our play list.
    I checked out the course already on the website, but it's always good to get a fellow golfer's opinion.
    Again, thanks for the info.

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar
    I'm on Merritt Island 8 miles from Canaveral and have been playing Savannah 3 times a week for $20 a round walking. Enough gators for pictures and I walk it in less than 4 hours.

Gap Wedge Kosmo is on a distinguished road Kosmo's Avatar
    No, haven't had a chance to play Royal St. Cloud. On the list though. Kissimmee Bay, I heard was supposed to be in good shape.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Royal St Cloud is not bad, pretty cheap but a links style. If you get the chance to go north of Orlando in Sorrento there are two must play courses that are not expensive and amazing value: Black Bear and Redtail. Either can be had for less than $35. I would also recommend the Disney courses that are top notch unless it is wet, they are pricey but well worth it. I got a deal for all three courses for less than $180US on TeetimeUSA.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Gap Wedge Maximus67 is on a distinguished road
    Check out Providence Golf Club. It's about 25 minutes south of Orlando in Davenport. Amazingly friendly staff and the course weaves in and out of what seems like protected everglade land. You really do feel like you're hours from any civilization on some holes.

We bought our green fees on GolfNow and the staff was very friendly and accommodating knowing we were Canadians at a new course for the first time. The fairways and tees are nice but the greens were in unbelievable shape. The best greens I've played on in years. They also have some fun shapes and hills in the green which can make some putts interesting, but overall made it very fun to play.

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    If you don't mind a drive, try World Woods near Brooksville. It is 1.5 hour drive from Orlando and the 2 courses are awesome.

Thread Information