CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Winter golf

Need a Caddy slash is on a distinguished road

Winter golf

Any thoughts or personal experiences at winter golf at oac or golftec.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I find Golftec to be very formulaic and not personalised at all.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

5 Wood mike k is on a distinguished road
    Just started 2nd year at OAC. You can drop in to have a look. Professional instructors always there between about 9am to 9pm . I think guests can attend Jan 7 info session.

Personally saw measurable improvement in full swing and short game. Cap dropped a few points after last winter.

LMK if you need a contact

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    I would recommend Gregg and Joe Golf School. Daily personalized instruction plus access to Flightscope launch monitors.
    Gregg 613-878-2431
    Joe 613-294-1649

1 Iron john8888 is on a distinguished road
    I have a membership at both.

Golftec has great cameras and technology. Super for rebuilding a swing from ground up over time. You really can see if you are making the change you are working on.

OAC is much less $$ and a great place to stay loose and golf fit for spring.

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Colin Orr has opened a new golf school at Falcon Ridge. About 4-5 mats + access to simulators if they are not busy.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I second Gregg and Joe
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

BigFlopper
    At the OAC you don't need to book, and if it's busy it's usually a max 10 min wait. You can putt and chip while waiting for your number. The putting green is nice and quite large. There are 12 pros to help - I find 2 or 3 that see the same thing and work with them all winter. They have a new launch monitor this year and is nice. Its not the hit-to-the-screen type though (maybe that's coming).

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    +1 for Colin at Falcon Ridge. I signed up...good price and Colin on hand for lots of feedback

Decide to go go at golftec after all. First impression today was awesome. Great to see yourself on video. I had a bad takeaway that would cause me to not turn adequately and also not well aligned. With a few adjustments,I was able to correct it pretty quick. Need to work on these till next lesson. This was only an evaluation swing today and will work on these till next week for my first lesson. No pressure from Taylor to get extra lesson or getting new irons. Grest kid....

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Tayls is a good guy!

Hi Les, I still owe you a game at my club. I would call him a kid from my point of view, but yes very polite and knowledgeable. Hope I don't get called out for giving props only one fitter. Lol

Well just tp even things out I will stick with Les when it comes to fitting and the tougher club work, I found my experience at Golftec when I was gifted a fitting to be underwhelming to say the least.
    Lefty Lucas

Saw les past year but quite a drive from my place. Wish he would have been closer. I'm keeping things pretty simple at golftec. Taylor is just showing me a few things each lessons to work on my swing. No major overhaul and only getting 3 lessons and a iron fitting. There was also the swing evaluation which I thought was kind of lesson. I like the camera that is filming and you can look at yourself in fast or slow motion. I'm more of a visual person and has helped me correct my takeaway. Had heard that they like to push more lessons but it has not happened to me. Some had comments about golftec just showing them a few things each lessons, I think less is more.

Thread Information