CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar

course closings ?

Is management doing a course closings page ?
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Is management doing a course closings page ?
    Kanata

Sorry are we talking about closing permanently or seasonally?

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Closing for the Season....

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I am not sure, but I suspect that there will not be a Tab for course closings for the season this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf View Post
    I am not sure, but I suspect that there will not be a Tab for course closings for the season this year.
    Maybe, maybe not. Maybe it’s just me but it seems like there are far fewer comments on this forum then ever before. Maybe it’s perception vs reality but I don’t see the dialogue that once existed. Far fewer topics and far fewer comments is what I’m seeing. I’m surprised that nobody has commented on recent proposals regarding Kanata . Or more information on Stonebridge. In any event it’s a great site it just seems to me that there is way less traffic and therefore way less chatter on here

3 Wood MarcArt is on a distinguished road MarcArt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. Maybe it’s just me but it seems like there are far fewer comments on this forum then ever before. Maybe it’s perception vs reality but I don’t see the dialogue that once existed. Far fewer topics and far fewer comments is what I’m seeing. I’m surprised that nobody has commented on recent proposals regarding Kanata . Or more information on Stonebridge. In any event it’s a great site it just seems to me that there is way less traffic and therefore way less chatter on here
    I check the site every day, and very much enjoy it for the diversity of topics, but I have wondered the same as you Johnyc, somewhat, not that I would change anything, but as an example, has anyone here ever mentioned the success of Andrew Jensen's vblog on YouTube, that's to be celebrated and discussed, given his local connection. Hey, this is off topic, so let's open another thread... that will keep things going. Signed, happy to be here.
    Last edited by MarcArt; 10-25-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Andrew is an amazing story. I just became a member at Hunt as he was leaving so our paths never crossed which is too bad. Incredible story and super easy to cheer for. I wish him nothing but the best professionally but more importantly ever happiness that life can afford

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post

In all honesty I have been thinking the same thing for the past few years. As far as I am concerned there were too many restrictions on what you could and could not say. If this was a open forum surely you would be allowed to express yourself-----I am pretty sure this is why most folks have moved away from the site. It's too bad because there was at one time a huge Ottawa presence and there were many many great friendships formed. Hopefully things will turn around

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar
    No question, things have gotten stale and the format seems old.

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    In all honesty I have been thinking the same thing for the past few years. As far as I am concerned there were too many restrictions on what you could and could not say. If this was a open forum surely you would be allowed to express yourself-----I am pretty sure this is why most folks have moved away from the site. It's too bad because there was at one time a huge Ottawa presence and there were many many great friendships formed. Hopefully things will turn around
    Me too. I've been a member here for eons and in recent years traffic has been way down. I used to come by every other day and posted somewhat regularly. I even bought a club or three over the years.

It is too bad, maybe a sign of how the 'net has changed? Maybe we all need to post more. When I see there is only one recent post with few if any new replies, it doesn't encourage me to come back multiple times daily to see what others are saying.

Lob Wedge S2H2Lover is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
    Me too. I've been a member here for eons and in recent years traffic has been way down. I used to come by every other day and posted somewhat regularly. I even bought a club or three over the years.

It is too bad, maybe a sign of how the 'net has changed? Maybe we all need to post more. When I see there is only one recent post with few if any new replies, it doesn't encourage me to come back multiple times daily to see what others are saying.
    The site was definitely invaluable with all the crappy course conditions at the beginning of the season!

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    We want Dan Back !!!

If you have any questions or concerns related to the site, please contact Mr. Mike Raganold.

Mike can be reached at:
    Mike@OttawaGolf.com

Thanks.

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by downhillslider View Post
    We want Dan Back !!!
    In fairness to the new owner, I seem to recall that Dan has stated that it was very time-consuming to continually phone golf clubs every week for updated closing (and opening) dates. I suspect that the maintenance of this site is as much a labour of love as it is a money-maker.

As they say, many hands make for light work. Instead of wondering when the new owner is going to do ALL the heavy lifting for the Ottawa Golf community, maybe WE should all do a little work by posting here what we know about course closings.

I can tell you as a member at Metcalfe that they have committed to stay open until November 3rd. They may stay open a week or two more but that is weather-dependent. I will be happy to post updates in this thread as I get them.

Anyone else want to chime in with some inside info? Maybe we could start asking about closing dates at the pro shop when we check in, and then post the answers here. We have a big part to play in making this a better community!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Herd that Buckingham also will stay open till Nov 3rd

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Played Upper Canada Sat Oct 26....course was in absolutely amazing condition. Unfortunately they are closing on Oct 27th for the season.

Loch March stated that they will also be closing as of October 27th.

Gap Wedge Stonebridge is on a distinguished road Stonebridge's Avatar
    November 3rd will be our final day of golf.
    Have a great winter everyone!
    Web: www.stonebridgegc.com Twitter: @StonebridgeClub Facebook: www.facebook.com/StonebridgeClub

Ace Felix is on a distinguished road Felix's Avatar
    Cedarhill is closing Nov 4th

Gap Wedge Kosmo is on a distinguished road Kosmo's Avatar

Equinelle

October 31 appears to be the closing date for Equinelle....possibly November 3...but weather will dictate....

Got an email that Smiths Falls last golf day will be October 30th.

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    Got an email that Smiths Falls last golf day will be October 30th.
    Confirmed--played Tuesday---thanks Adam

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    According to the website Equinelle is now closed for the season.

Amateur rview1 is on a distinguished road
    Also Canadian

Metcalfe has confirmed that the last day for golf is Tuesday, November 5th.

9 Iron rutkay is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosmo View Post
    October 31 appears to be the closing date for Equinelle....possibly November 3...but weather will dictate....
    Looks like both Equinelle and Casselview are closed for the season

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Falcon Ridge closed according to their website

Played nine this afternoon just missing the rain and it was quite enjoyable. Wish we could keep playing another month. Hunt is down to nine holes now (North and West are closed). Might be able to get one more game on the south course this week depending on the weather and my work schedule. It started slow (I played my first game May 4th and the spring was horrible, but I can’t recall a better July and August. I finished with 101 games which is the most I’ve played recently. Here’s to hoping you all had a great summer. I think I’ll take a stab at the OAC winter program to try and stay loose.

Manderley closes on Tuesday.

Bogie ladygolfer13 is on a distinguished road ladygolfer13's Avatar
    Nation closes on Tuesday

Meadows last day is Tuesday as well.

Thread Information