100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter janvik is on a distinguished road

choosing golf sets

hi i am new to golf and i am buying on the internet golf set and i am confused whether left hand grip or right hand grip. i am a right handed person. which of the hand grip will i choose?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Most likely but not always the case, to determine which way to play to golf, is to pretend you are swinging a baseball bat. The way you feel more comfortable is the way to play golf. I'd say it would be the way you shoot in hockey but I have a bunch of friends who throw that philosophy out the window. If that doesn't work, stand straight, then turn 90* to whichever side of your body feels more comfortable to swing. If you turn to your right, get right handed clubs, to your left, left handed clubs. Another thing to take into consideration is your grip. With the baseball method if your left hand is lower on the bat, play right handed, if your right hand is lower play left handed: whichever feels more comfortable. Hope this helps.

Shagging Balls DavidY is on a distinguished road DavidY's Avatar
    Based on my family, there is no way to determine if one is right or left handed for golf. Two of my brothers and me are right handed for most sports. A third brother is left handed for most, if not all things. In golf, I am right handed. My brothers are all left handed when golfing. Except for the leftie, two of my brothers and I all play the same way for hockey. Confused yet???

Dave

Thread Information