CorporateGolfXtra 2024

View Poll Results: What is the longest drive you have hit?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • 275-300

11 13.41%
  • 300-325

20 24.39%
  • 325-350

24 29.27%
  • 350-375

15 18.29%
  • 375 yrds plus

12 14.63%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Longest Drives

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!

Longest Drives

With the previous post about hitting the ball longer, I was just wondering what is the longest drive hit by some of the golfers on this site? I am looking for just pure yardage, doesn't matter if you cut the corner of a dog leg or if the hole was down wind or elevated tee box etc. Just looking for the length of the hole minus how many yards you had left. Just for bragging rights.

My longest was at the 5th hole at Pakenham on the Canyon course. Slight dog leg right about 490 something from the tips. Hit a draw over the corner and ball was a couple yards inside the 100 yrd marker. I think it worked out to about 393 yrds or so. Anybody else hit some bombs.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Using yardage left to the green on a dog leg isn't an accurate way of measuring distance since they measure the distance along the middle of the fairway. You'd have to do some trig to figure out the real distance.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    370 yds. in Arizona at the Karsten course at ASU. No wind. No dogleg. With a Callaway 10 deg Warbird, M10 steel shaft. Hardest swing of my life.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

That's why I said just give the yardage, don't want to give anyone a headache trying to use the old formula A squared + B squared = C squared. Just yardages and if you post it was a dog leg we will know it was a little shorter than posted.

Quote Originally Posted by GJohnston69
    That's why I said just give the yardage, don't want to give anyone a headache trying to use the old formula A squared + B squared = C squared. Just yardages and if you post it was a dog leg we will know it was a little shorter than posted.
    Gotcha.

Stonebridge, West #3 from the Green tees (468 yards), as I recall I had 100 yards left after carrying my tee shot onto the cart path. BIG bounce.

Competitor challengegolf is on a distinguished road challengegolf's Avatar

Longest drive

Wow some of you can really launch it far. I am not a long hitter in any way shape or form compared to you guys but I did hit one this year on a par 4 336 yds dogleg left where I hit over the trees on the left thus cutting the corner and I had 50 yds left to the hole. So I guess 290 yds drive but it is just thank to the fact that I hit my Cleveland Launcher straight and I was feeling y by aiming left over the trees. It barely cleared the trees and rolled to the center of the fairway so I was quite please with myself and did a little bragging for the rest of the round.
    Thanks
    Claude

Claude it is all about being 6'4" and having monkey lenght arms..LOL. The swing arc and leverage I can create helps me launch the ball a long way. But by no means am I super accurate. A good day for me is hitting about 5-7 fairways with the big stick. My best round ever was hitting 11 fairways.

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    387 drive. par 4. 423 yards total. got a par. it was hornby in milton ontario, slightly downhill, last year, dry conditions, got lucky.Normally I only drive 225-250.
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Well, I have to agree with the other post on how the ball is really going a long way these days. I actually piped one out 344 yards this evening.
    La Cite, 16th hole, 499 yards and my drive ended up 4 yards behind the 150 marker. Admittedly the ball barely carried the fairway bunker on the right (about 260 carry) and hit on the downslope, bounding at least 75 yards on the ground.
    It was a good night. I also drove it 3 yards short of the green on the Par 4 No. 3 and chipped in for Eagle.
    In between of course I chopped my way around to an 81...

Andru
    Unless it's measured with Shot Link, GPS, or a laser range finder. You can take every distance posted here with a grain of salt. I'm not saying anyone has lied here. I just think without the correct tools to measure these drives it's really just guess work.

Of course it is. But isn't part of the allure of golf is when you hit a monster drive and do the math it just makes you feel great. None of these are exact, and I didn't expect that when I posted the thread. On any given day any hole could probably play 30-70 yards, or even more, in difference from the day before given tee placements and flag placements. This is just a thread for some bragging rights and to tease the short knockers..LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    Unless it's measured with Shot Link, GPS, or a laser range finder. You can take every distance posted here with a grain of salt. I'm not saying anyone has lied here. I just think without the correct tools to measure these drives it's really just guess work.
    Well, I know my number is accurate because I have a SkyGolf GPS unit .

FWIW, under normal circumstances I usually hit it about 260 with my long one's going about 280.

Wind, hard fairways, downhill holes, and cartpaths are your friends.

Amen to all those conditions.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    10Th hole par 5, 514 yard from the whites (cause the bleu tee was closed) at Talon. Straight down fairway no elevation. Last year I hit a driver and my ball stopped 3 yards behind the 150Y marker. I hit driver, 8 iron and 2 putts for a bird. Total drive was 361Y no wind in September I mite add.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

Not My Longest, But It Was Important

Match Play last week, 309 Par 4, just lost the last hole to go back to AS. Tees were up so it was about 295 yards, pulled the 3 wood, drove it on the fringe for an easy two putt birdie to go 1 up. Won the match 2-1.

Longest drive, 320, and it was pretty well all carry as the fairways were wet.
    I am not as long as I used to be! (getting old) I once hit a 3 iron downwind on a firm fairway a smooth 280 yds. My playing partner said :That ain't right"
    They run a mile with a little draw and firm fairways!

Funny thing is I can hit my 3 wood about as far as my driver and a lot straighter. There is a 495 yard par 5 on my course, I used my 3 wood the other day on that hole and had 205 in. I think the driver is going to get a rest for awhile. I carry a TaylorMade Supersteel 15 degree 3 wood and I can launch it with that club. Anyone else on here find they can hit their 3 wood almost as far as the driver? Maybe I need a new driver haha.

Now if I can make a few more putts once I get my new YES Tracy II I will be good to go
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent
    Wind, hard fairways, downhill holes, and cartpaths are your friends.
    you forgot alcohol

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by GJohnston69
    Of course it is. But isn't part of the allure of golf is when you hit a monster drive and do the math it just makes you feel great. None of these are exact, and I didn't expect that when I posted the thread. On any given day any hole could probably play 30-70 yards, or even more, in difference from the day before given tee placements and flag placements. This is just a thread for some bragging rights and to tease the short knockers..LOL.
    Ok Then mine was 866.......................... OK 366. I can say this year. It's 297 Down wind at number 6 at the mashes. GPS and laser measured.

2 Iron guyfrompei is on a distinguished road guyfrompei's Avatar
    Number 12 on Talon - 465yds. The wind was blowing at least 20k at our backs and the fairway was really dry and solid. I got one heck of a bounce and it ended up about 350 yards out. I couldn't believe I hit it that far. Then my buddy steps up (who usually hits it about 10-20 yards farther than me) and gets a huge bounce. We get out there on he is about 70 yards from the front. Yeah he hit about 390-395 we figured. I highly doubt the conditions will ever be that perfect again. Longest drive I've ever seen.

On another note, the same guy had a hole in one on Predator Wednesday night. 205 yards with a hybrid. His first.

Weekend Hacker Steelhead is on a distinguished road Steelhead's Avatar
    My longest drive was at La Cite from the tips it rolled onto the green on hole number 3. I think it came out to 336 Yrds
    [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by guyfrompei
    Number 12 on Talon - 465yds. The wind was blowing at least 20k at our backs and the fairway was really dry and solid. I got one heck of a bounce and it ended up about 350 yards out. I couldn't believe I hit it that far. Then my buddy steps up (who usually hits it about 10-20 yards farther than me) and gets a huge bounce. We get out there on he is about 70 yards from the front. Yeah he hit about 390-395 we figured. I highly doubt the conditions will ever be that perfect again. Longest drive I've ever seen.

On another note, the same guy had a hole in one on Predator Wednesday night. 205 yards with a hybrid. His first.
    THAT'S DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEP
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I am not a long hitter by any means but I did have a great drive at Le Sorcier's 8th hole. It ended up being 311 yds. I average around 240 so this for me was huge. I am not sure what I did but I am sure I flew the first little hill and it hit and released. It took a while to find the ball becuase we were looking too far back. My other long drive was on the 18th at Casselview, 305 yds. The ball ended up in the rough right in front of the creek. The only problem after hitting a drive like that is that somehow you think you can do it everytime and end up screwing up your drive!!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    I was a member at Renfrew for the last like 9 or 10 years so most of my long balls have come there. I've put the ball on the fringe on the 6th hole which is 352, i've put it inside the 100 marker on the Par 5 8th (482 yard hole), I've flew the ball into the front trap on 13 (i'd love to know where that would have ended up if there had of been fairway).

I played Emerald Links this year for the first time (nice track), and put it on the fringe on the 5th hole on the South Course.

Couple years ago at Stonebridge I had about 115 in on the 3 hole on the West Nine (par 5 - 494).

I know i'm forgeting a bunch of big drives (damn alcohol), and I generally never try to give actual distance hit, because i never know how a hole is measured.

Hybrid oldmaninblack is on a distinguished road
    #4 east at Meadows yesterday. 470yd par 5. Hit my drive well inside the 150.

Did I just smoke a 320yd drive?

NOT ... the GPS says just 255

The official length of a hole is measured along the centre line of the fairway. The 150yd marker is (hopefully) line-of-sight to the centre of the green. Not even StatsCan would be foolish enough to use thosa measurements to estimate the length of a drive.
    p.s. it's also not a good idea to use the markers to decide when to hit your drive. The foursome ahead was well past the 150yd marker, so it must be safe to go ahead and hit on a par 5 ... NOT! I roled the ball under their cart

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Heritage Pointe, South of Calgary, 1st shot of the day and cranked a beauty that went thru the fairway. Both the members with us, the GPS and the scorecard said 335 to the middle of the fairway so I glowed for the reat of the day.....

Ottawa Valley, 325 at Canadian to win the office-long-drive contest. Big forward bounce of a big rock in the middle but it's a winner!!

bbad
    I wouldn't say I am a long hitter (compared to the guys I play with - average about 275), but from the golds on 14 at Talon, I put it inside 140 yrs with no wind. Stuck a pitiching wedge to 2 feet and made the putt.

Birdie on that 489 yrd par 4 is ALWAYS sweet.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bbad
    I wouldn't say I am a long hitter (compared to the guys I play with - average about 275), but from the golds on 14 at Talon, I put it inside 140 yrs with no wind. Stuck a pitiching wedge to 2 feet and made the putt.

Birdie on that 489 yrd par 4 is ALWAYS sweet.
    You bet cause that’s a monster hole even for a long hitter.

Mike
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Not to be a jerk, but to see people mark down drives over 375 yd! BS!!! If you lasered or even used a yardage wheel on those drives they would be WAY less! I know we all think we drive the ball alot farther then we do but lets keep the fish to a reasonable size!

Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road
    Gotta remember, some of those distances have exceptional conditions: dry, downhill, strong wind at back.

I know Vegas adds 30 yards to my distance.

Longest into the wind, Eagle Creek, 290. Hitting it well all day (how long ago was that?)

Longest with slight wind in back, 320, Vegas.

"Richard"
    par 4 336 yds dogleg left where I hit over the trees on the left thus cutting the corner and I had 50 yds left to the hole. So I guess 290 yds drive
    ----

If it was a dog leg then doesn't that mean that the total distance up the CENTRE of the fairway, around the bend and to the flag is 336yrds? Meaning from tee to hole the direct distance would alot less than 336.

Here is my question. My friend has an r7 10.5* and has a swing speed of 90MPH but hits it dead straight and from the looks of it, it's right in the sweet spot everytime... Is it possible to swing a 400cc driver at 90MPH and hit a driver over 300yards (REG FLEX)? I don't know the physics involved in golf but from my general understanding of the game, It sounds like BS to me. I mean, he hits his 6 iron about 160-165. Maybe he is just counting his yardage wrong.

514_type r
    my longest drive so far this year is 345 yards uphill no wind late at night at l'ile de montréal, the south course. The hole was a par 5 445 yards uphill strait and I pounded the ball right at the 100 yard marks. I usually carry about 285yards on regular day not including roll. Ive also hit numerous par 4 in the 300-330 range in one.

my swing speed is 110mph, i use a ping G2 10.5 degree with a aldila nv-65 stiff flex, use the 2005 version of the titleist pro v1-x and like i said i will carry about 280-290 on average without roll. I hit my 6 irons 185 yards

Thread Information